Hello folks :)

I've been reading Nerd Fitness for yeaaaaaars, and I've been stepping slowly but surely into a more active lifestyle. I used to hate sports till I was 19/20... and then I discovered how running helped me destress during uni exams :)

Running has always been my sport of choice, and I completed a marathon in December 2013 with about 2 months of training (urgh, not recommended!! But I had broken my toe before so couldn't train). Since last autumn, I'm going to the gym about 2 or 3 times a week, mainly to work with BW and free weights. Trying to insert running back between the gym because my stress levels are shooting up again... 

I'm a freelance translator, so I sit at home all day long, talk about sedentary... I've managed to average 3,000 steps a day the first 4 months of the year, now on for the 4000 steps a day from May 1st to end of August. Going strong :)

The area I struggle with is mostly the diet. I eat mostly healthy, and mini monthly challenges have enabled me to introduce at least 1 fruit and 2 veggies a day into my food intake. Slowly going paleo as well, though my boyfriend doesn't always help when *he* has cravings... :P

In spite of all this, I'm still stuck at 65-66kg with most fat around my midsection. I don't need to lose much, just 5-6kg, but I'm quite aware of the unhealthy effects of visceral fat, so I want to get rid of this. AND get stronger :) God, I love that feeling :D

Enough about me :) Hope to be contributing to the forums once a day, and participating to the next challenge!

Cheers!

Thulemin

• Like 1

Welcome Thulemin! Be sure to drop by the Ranger General Chat to introduce yourself to fellow Rangers. Plenty of runners among us, both in obstacle courses as well as marathons. I suggest you also visit  Xena's thread, she's a fellow marathon runner with a vengeance!

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

Welcome to the rebellion!

If you want to lose weight, a calorie deficit is the way to go! You can try the weight watchers approach or My Fitness Pal or just counting the calories yourself. Here's a handy dandy calculator to help estimate how many calories you need in a day.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Welcome Thulemin! Be sure to drop by the Ranger General Chat to introduce yourself to fellow Rangers. Plenty of runners among us, both in obstacle courses as well as marathons. I suggest you also visit  Xena's thread, she's a fellow marathon runner with a vengeance!

Thanks Dark Raider :) I've been dabbling a bit into the forums but I hadn't seen that chat. I thought I had to wait till the next Challenge to start talking  :redface: And I'll definitely go say hi to Xena!

Welcome to the rebellion!

If you want to lose weight, a calorie deficit is the way to go! You can try the weight watchers approach or My Fitness Pal or just counting the calories yourself. Here's a handy dandy calculator to help estimate how many calories you need in a day.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

OK, that is a super neat tool! God, I loved it! I'm about 2200 to 2400 depending on what workout I'm doing :) I'll totally start tracking my activities though! Others have recommended MFP for the recipe feature, so I'm gonna go with that one.

Thanks for the support!!