Hi,  this is my first time on the boards and I'm excited to meet like minded, motivating and positive new peeps.  I started my fitness quest after I realized that if I didn't change my ways, my parents were going to have to bury me.  I was an uncontrolled diabetic [A1c = 9.2], on insulin and about 3 other meds, using a c-pap at night because my weight was crushing me and cutting off my breathing.  I would be so winded after 1 salsa dance that my legs would give out.  I was 5'6" and ~252 lbs [114.3 kg].  

I am currently going to a supervised diet plan that encompasses not just weight loss but they have behaviorist, exercise physiologist, as well as medical doctors to help you adjust your plan.  I've also changed my diet to paleo and am loving it.  I never realized that I was allergic to SOY and legumes.  As soon as I cut them out of my diet - my skin cleared up and I lost ~7 inches off my abdomen.

I reached my weight goal of 165 lbs [74.8 kg].  my A1c = 5, which means I'm totally off all of my insulin and only on 1 tablet of medication [my vitamins now out number my medications]  But now I feel the "hard part" begins -- meal planning, budgeting, and coming to terms with my new body.  Sometimes I feel like a baby giraffe -- gawky and awkward.  

My goal is to be able to dance all night.  I love to dance salsa and am learning West Coast Swing.  There are many workshops were you take classes all day and then open dancing from 9 pm to 4 am.  I'd like to be able to do that.  So, I think endurance strength training (with bodyweight) and vinyansa yoga intrigues me.  I'm also considering taking a kinesiology class(es) about movement in general and nutrition to bulk up my mental muscles too.  

I'd also like to participate in the next challenge but not sure what guild to choose, any suggestions?  Thanks for listening/reading.

level 1 Human. Adventurer at heart, training with the Assassins
STR 2|DEX 3|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 4

Welcome to the rebellion!

Those are awesome goals! Go get'em!

As for the guild, no worries for the first challenge: everybody has to do their first challenge as a recruit. After that you can pick your guild. :D Your interests are diverse, so Rangers might be a good pick.

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Congrats on your achievements! God, that's quite a transformation :D How long did it take you? It's amazing you managed to get off so many medications with "just" a lifestyle change. Keep it up!

I like BW challenges, because I can do them wherever I am. Whether I travel a lot or am too busy to go to the gym, BW can always be done in my bedroom at some point :) Check out the Adventurers guild for your first challenge, there's a bit of everyone in there.

• Like 1

Congrats on your achievements! God, that's quite a transformation :D How long did it take you? It's amazing you managed to get off so many medications with "just" a lifestyle change. Keep it up!

I like BW challenges, because I can do them wherever I am. Whether I travel a lot or am too busy to go to the gym, BW can always be done in my bedroom at some point :) Check out the Adventurers guild for your first challenge, there's a bit of everyone in there.

Hi thulemin -- I started in November of 2014 and just reach my goal this month.    Thanks for the advice!  

level 1 Human. Adventurer at heart, training with the Assassins
STR 2|DEX 3|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 4

Welcome to NF and congrats on the progress you've made so far!! :D 

I personally think the hard part is coming to terms with your health and taking the first steps to reach your goals. You've already reached your goal weight and that's amazing in its own right. Keep that dream of dancing all night alive and with the support of NF you'll definitely reach it in no time 

• Like 1

Level 2 Half-Orc Assassin

STR 4 | STA 2 | DEX 0 | CON 4.7  | WIS 1.9 | CHA 0

CurrentChallenge | PreviousChallenge

"There is no one giant step that does it, it's a lot of little steps." Peter A. Cohen