Weightloss PvP: 10lbs, 10 weeks [15 June - 24 August]

Summer is  time to get outdoors and enjoy our health, so it's the perfect time to lose a few pounds too :D (for those of us in the southern hemisphere - Abs are made in Winter, or something). 

The rules are simple:

1) Sign up by putting your name and starting weight in Glorious Spreadsheet. Set goal weight in Glorious Spreadsheet, can be more/less than 10 lbs.

2) Introduce yourself to team. Discuss goals, strategy, and motivation. Also, please to post links to your current challenge and battle log. It's important for team members to support you.

3) Cheer other members on. We are unified, brothers and sisters with common goal. Please hold yourself accountable and write cheerful, so we all come back to forum thread.

4) Post weight regularly in spreadsheet (preferably weekly, but whenever you can). 

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Same here, I don't want to go crazy with everything I am doing, but I'm sure I need some motivation to lose a bit of weight. So I'll enter the race as well. 

Although, the spreadsheet is not editable for now :/ 

I created a duplicate for now, I'll report on Blaidd's sheet when it's fixed. 

• Like 2

I'll definitely be joining, Thanks for setting it up and thank you IIham for setting up the workable link.

Battle Log and Current challenge are in my sig

Good luck everyone! Together as a team we can push each other to success!

• Like 2

Level 2 Half-Orc Assassin

STR 4 | STA 2 | DEX 0 | CON 4.7  | WIS 1.9 | CHA 0

CurrentChallenge | PreviousChallenge

"There is no one giant step that does it, it's a lot of little steps." Peter A. Cohen

You're welcome, it took only a minute :).

The PVP officially starts next Monday, I'll have a weigh-in on Friday so I'll update the starting weight accordingly. I'll try to do my best to post here often. I'm excited to get to know more people from the forums!

a2b9fed46ae22ee0800cb06cd4e8e6115e3ebcb8

• Like 1

Thanks Ilham, I will update the link. For some reason my google docs are rejects from another universe.

Btw not everyone has to do their weigh ins in kgs. I just do it in kgs, because we use the metric system where I live and my brain already is in overdrive so I don't wanna convert :P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk and the atoms/words don't always align

• Like 3

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

I'm in.  Same goals.  get to onenderland (less than 200lbs) and turn in my man card (warriors joke with chairbrokey.)   More important than the weight loss is fat loss, so the true goal is to lose inches off the waist and hips.   I'm still iifym eater but I just need to stop over eating.  I know better.

• Like 3

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Screw it, i wasn't gonna partake but i will. I'll probably have large periods of maintenance/slight gain in my 10 weeks but i don't see why i couldn't drop 5lbs by August.

I don't appear to be able to edit the spreadsheet :/

Forgot my intro......

Know how to lose weight, been doing it for long enough now. Just trying to sneak off that last 5-10lbs. Have switched to a much less aggressive loss strategy in order to progress workouts at the same time.

8lbs more for a nice round 90.

I eat whatever i want, as long as it fits in my mfp. I guess that also makes me an IIFYMer(?)

Lifting or MRT (metabolic resistance training, basically buzz words/crossfitism for lifting cardio) 3-4 times per week.

I also follow eat-stop-eat, fasting for 24hrs either once or twice per week. Because of that my non-fast days tend to be marginally a bulk in terms of calorie intake.

• Like 2

You're welcome, Blaidd! I work in metrics as well, don't worry.

Oops, Dradis reminded me to post the intro I forgot as well.

Two year ago I was obese and pre-diabetic. I started getting much better last year. I am now working my ass off to get rid of the medication and the little excess fat I carry, now that my metabolism functions much better. The whole story is in my first challenge thread if anyone is interested.

I eat very low-carb, right on the edge of ketogenic with a maximum of 75 gr of carbs on a big day, during my carb refeeds but most my days are between 40/50 gr. I don't want to brag but I believe I have a firm control of my diet and a good knowledge base to be able to burn just fat, and it's really crucial at this point since I am getting close to the looks, bodyweight and body fat percentage I have been working for all this time.

Which is why my goal for these ten weeks might appear small for some of you. I want this to be controlled, durable, and effective. I am planning to do that with the help of the routine I detailed in my challenge threads, ie bodyweight + HIIT + walking.

Oh btw, is there a limit to the number of people joining this PVP?

• Like 2

Ok dokes, folks.  I have fixed the spreadsheet - YAY!!

Ok intro....mmmm.....

My goal is to lose weight.  I am twice as heavy as I should be for my height.  I have to take my bone structure into account as well, because I am literally big boned (i have zero fat on my wrists and they're 19cm in circumference).  So i have a lot of weight to lose, but 1kg at a time is how i'm doing it.  It took me over 10 years to put the weight on, i'm ok if it takes me that long to forever lose all that excess weight.

I am currently cycling down carbs (so dropping 5gr of carbs after every successful week).  6 months ago I was averaging 182gr  per day.  I'm not dropping sugar or starches or pasta or rice (or anything required for paleo).  So i guess i would also be in the IIFYM camp. It's working for me so far.  Those of you who have been with me since the beginning of the year, know that I had such a hard time dropping at the beginning of the year and then about week 3 of the last PvP i decided to screw everything and just eat what I want when I want it as long as it fits my macros. I've successfully lost 3kg and they haven't come back again.  I have moments (like today) when all i want is junk food, so I have a bag of crisps or a candy bar (I regretted that, because I remembered why i don't like candy bars - they taste fatty and not like real chocolate). I just fit all my other meals around that small indulgence.  I also have literally stopped binge eating - i cannot remember when last i binge ate anything. It is an awesome feeling, gaining that kind of control over my life.

Anyway that's enough from me.

• Like 4

My challenge

I would like to join in! I need the extra motivation to lose weight and I've found the support on these forums an invaluable resource for living a healthier life. Plus I am Russian by heritage so this is basically a return to the motherland  :tongue:. I am working on remaining at a deficit for the current challenge so I think joining this PvP will be good reinforcement against EAT ALL THE THINGS! Looking forward to getting to know my comrades!

I struggle with major depressive disorder and anxiety but focusing on diet and exercise has made a huge difference toward controlling my symptoms. I am not over-weight but I am unhappy with how I currently look, my quest is to feel comfortable in my own skin. 

• Like 2

level 21 magic cat druid, doodlie for life

sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something

past challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Current

(old) Battle LogBattle Log

So, it was my birthday yesterday (June 9) and I made cookies, apple pie, spice balls and coconut chocolate bark, all paleo of course. I didn't eat nearly as much as I thought I would even though I gave myself free reign on food lol. I must have clicked into the right state of mind now. Haven't had any cravings and eating mostly veggies for every meal (much veggies, a bit of meat).

Thank you Blaidd for the new challenge :D  I'm in!

I'm 181 now, I will lose 10 this time around!

• Like 4

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

So, it was my birthday yesterday (June 9) and I made cookies, apple pie, spice balls and coconut chocolate bark, all paleo of course. I didn't eat nearly as much as I thought I would even though I gave myself free reign on food lol. I must have clicked into the right state of mind now. Haven't had any cravings and eating mostly veggies for every meal (much veggies, a bit of meat).

Thank you Blaidd for the new challenge :D  I'm in!

I'm 181 now, I will lose 10 this time around!

And... you didn't share!!   :neglected:

:playful:

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

I'm In. I am also trying to get back to onederland. My ultimate goal is to get down to 190 again. I am currently 263. I went from around 210 to 263 in about 9 months. I have the link to my current challenge in my sig. I am shooting for 15 pounds in this PVP.

• Like 2

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Well I suppose introductions are in order. Or a little about my self lol

I've been on and off the exercise/healthy eating grind for the past few years. Went from 220+ down to 175 over this previous year and it's creeping it way back up to 200lbs. I prefer not to be that high again. Lately I've had bad impulse buys of junk food, but I eat a good 2lbs+ of veggies everyday, 1lb at breakfast alone. A friend of mine got me hooked on mountain dew kickstart about a month ago and ive been addicted to it since. Slowly easing my way off it and I'm sure once I'm passed the sugar/caffeine withdrawal phase, I'll be seeing differences.

Good luck everyone!   

• Like 1

"There is no one giant step that does it, it's a lot of little steps." Peter A. Cohen

Okay. Weight updated after weigh-in. 5.5 pounds in ten weeks doesn't seem to be too much, but I've been low-carb and losing weight for so long I'm wondering if it's smart. But that's probably my fears talking. I'll just work extra hard at making that weight lost really really really just fat loss. I should be able to make it, it's been working so far.

Let's do this. I won't hesitate to post if I have doubts, and I hope you guys won't either :).

Okay. Weight updated after weigh-in. 5.5 pounds in ten weeks doesn't seem to be too much, but I've been low-carb and losing weight for so long I'm wonder if it's smart. But that's probably my fears talking. I'll just work extra hard at making that weight lost really really really just fat loss. I should be able to make it, it's been working so far.

Let's do this. I won't hesitate to post if I have doubts, and I hope you guys won't either :).

I've been losing for 2 years. I lost 15lb on the last PVP so definitely doable. Good luck.

• Like 1

I've been losing for 2 years. I lost 15lb on the last PVP so definitely doable. Good luck.

Yeah that was just the usual self doubt. I've been doing this for about two years as well, and if I wasn't doing the right thing, it would have stopped earlier. I just need to have some assurance hammered into my skull sometimes. Thanks :)

Okay. Weight updated after weigh-in. 5.5 pounds in ten weeks doesn't seem to be too much, but I've been low-carb and losing weight for so long I'm wonder if it's smart. But that's probably my fears talking. I'll just work extra hard at making that weight lost really really really just fat loss. I should be able to make it, it's been working so far.

It's doable, and just think, every pound loss counts. I'm looking more towards fat loss too, If it's been working so far, keep at it! "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" Best of luck! 

• Like 1

It's doable, and just think, every pound loss counts. I'm looking more towards fat loss too, If it's been working so far, keep at it! "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" Best of luck! 

Thank you very much, it's precious to have people reassuring me like you did. I hope you get to curb those bad habits too, "bon courage" to you too as we say in French!

• Like 2

I was thinking about whether I was in again or not, and decided that I couldn't resist! I was debating about whether I should be doing a bulk now or later. I'm super pleased with the progress I've made so far and could happily begin bulking now, but sub 180 lbs is taunting me with its closeness!!

come-at-me-bro.jpg

So I'm going for it. Simple goal this round: Make it to 179 lbs. I'm hanging out at about 21-22% bodyfat right now and breaking 180 would put me about 19-20% by my calculations (I started at 31% in September....I fell off my couch and rechecked my calculations twice when I figured that out :gleefull:).

If I figure out I'm at or below 19% before I hit 180, I'm going to stop and stabilize to protect my fertility with a nice buffer since my hubby and I are trying to spawn a tiny human.

• Like 7

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

Week one has started! Let's all start off with a bang :D

tumblr_n2hjgu7cou1qgfdf6o1_500.gif

My "bang" started off with an IPA and mt dew for the hang over....  still have time to recover.

• Like 2

Wheymen