Favorite non-fitness way you've "leveled up your life"?

One of the best ways I feel I've leveled up is, as my friends call it, turning into Cinderella. They are mostly nite owls that work in the afternoon/evening hours, compared to me who gets up at 4am weekdays, 7 am weekends.

For about a year I was only getting 4-5 hours Friday and Saturday nites, due to staying out late with said buds. Recently however, i've started heading for home a little before the clock strikes 12. Very rewarding so far and makes me feel more like a responsible adult (gasp).

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%

It's OK, I'm an Aussie, too, so sqm is just fine by me. I'm actually returning to Melbourne as the childhood home city myself! Are you out near Werribee, or Mornington Peninsula way?

Haha, awesome! It's in the bottom of Point Cook, down near where the old Air Force base is. I'm actually a Sydneysider, but my sister lives in Melbourne and i've been looking for a change for a good 10 years, so jumped at the chance when it came up :)

• Like 1

I've given myself permission to abandon hobbies when I stop enjoying them.  To say "no" with peace rather than "yes" with dread is a very life-giving thing.

I have to admit, this is something I've always failed to do. I took karate at a very young age but when I hit the age of 10 I realized I didn't enjoy it as much. There were other things I'd have enjoyed more in the small amount of time that I had between homeworks, school work, revision, studying, etc... It took me three years to stop though, and I took up another hobby that to this day I love. If it doesn't feel great its not worth doing. Its better to find something that does. It's become something of a motto for me now. I always live my life by it. :)

• Like 1

Level 2

Elfin Water Bender

:: STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1 ::

"Remember, your mind is the best weapon you have" ~ Farengar Secret-Fire

My next challenge will featuring a Linguistics skill quest.  So I'll be leveling up my language skills alongside my outdoorsmanship, personal life, and health/fitness.

I just keep forcing myself into trickier and trickier challenges...

• Like 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Leaving an abusive relationship earlier this year was a big deal. I'm so much healthier for it.

I'm also working on downsizing the possessions I don't need, learning new skills, volunteering, and generally being more positive. I'd say I've been successful so far.

Next is reigning in my awful eating habits and getting my fitness on track.

Saera Windrunner, Level 1 Centaur Adventurer

STR 1 | DEX 0 | STA 2 | CON 1 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Current Challenge ~ 1st Almost-Challenge

Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

Accountabilibuddies!

Be like Batman:

29.05%
29.05%

Beware the Carb Monster: 

40%
40%

Saera vs. the Frying Pan: 

33.2%
33.2%

"For anyone stuck in that terrible place between 0 and 1."

"How bad do you want it?"

My next challenge will featuring a Linguistics skill quest.  So I'll be leveling up my language skills alongside my outdoorsmanship, personal life, and health/fitness.

I just keep forcing myself into trickier and trickier challenges...

I've been thinking of picking up another language as well. Have you considered Swedish? It's actually quite simple. Much easier than English, from a grammatical standpoint.

One of my biggest non fitness challenges was surpassing my own skills in mathematics. All throughout school I had believed to be terrible with numbers and operations. When I decided I wanted to try engineering, I spent 5 hours a day on Khan Academy, 6 days a week, for 4 months. Last year, I put those newly aquired skills to test, and never in my life did I imagine myself teaching my friends integral calculus. I'm quite proud of it.

• Like 1

One of my biggest non fitness challenges was surpassing my own skills in mathematics. All throughout school I had believed to be terrible with numbers and operations. When I decided I wanted to try engineering, I spent 5 hours a day on Khan Academy, 6 days a week, for 4 months. Last year, I put those newly aquired skills to test, and never in my life did I imagine myself teaching my friends integral calculus. I'm quite proud of it.

There are others out there... I know the pain that is that situation, glad to know I'm not the only one. *High Five*

Did you actually go to school for engineering, or just getting ready for it?

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

There are others out there... I know the pain that is that situation, glad to know I'm not the only one. *High Five*

Did you actually go to school for engineering, or just getting ready for it?

I'm going to community college to get my Associates of the Sciences, which has engineering specifics. In my case, I require 3 calculus classes, 3 engineering physics classes, 1 chemistry class to qualify for the basic degree. I can then take classes suited to my major, like more chemistry classes for a chemical engineer etc.

I'm Hispanic--my dad was born in the Dominican Republic and my mom was born in NYC to a Puerto Rican and a Colombian--but was not taught Spanish as a kid. So for me, I'd have to say learning Spanish in 11th and 12th grade and becoming more or less fluent (my accent is a little off in some places and I can have trouble with very fast or dialect-heavy speech, so it's not perfect). This helped me re-connect with my culture much better, including being able to talk to my grandmother and being able to explore Spanish-speaking countries on my own, which was pretty life-changing.

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

My Challenge Thread

I've been thinking of picking up another language as well. Have you considered Swedish? It's actually quite simple. Much easier than English, from a grammatical standpoint.

I've heard nothing but good things about Khan Academy.  And you've inspired me.  When I was doing my requirements for pharmacy school, I had to have two units of physics and one unit of calculus.  I think I convinced myself that I couldn't do them, so I just barely squeaked out (especially calculus).  I'd love the chance to try it again, and I think I might just do that.

Level 2 Mutant Druid

"No! Pillage, then burn! It's really hard to do it in reverse!"