Ignoring difficulty

So I slept wrong on my arm last night and it's hurt for a while. And today just happened to be bench-press day.  I had full range of motion, and I could tell my strength was still fully there, so I knew it wasn't injured. I just had to tell myself that the pain would pass. Aside from having to focus on not letting the pain get into my brain and convince me I couldn't do something I got all the way through my workout (including non-bench press things). The old me would have used it as an excuse not to work out at all.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Ok, so the issue was more severe than I thought. I was not able to lift yesterday, so I set the treadmill where I workout to a hill program and got a workout in, but it will be a while before I can do any upper-body stuff.  I think it might be the connective tissue, possibly tendinitis. The plan is to rest the arm and if it doesn't get better on its own by the weekend go to the doctor.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Ooof. Those mystery pains are the worst, I hope your arm gets better soon! In the meantime, it's fantastic that you're just adjusting workouts instead of using it as a reason not to exercise. I'm guilty of that one every once in a while. You're a rockstar.

Why thank you :)

Current Challenge