Riadho Becomes A Rebel

Hi everyone, 

So, my fitness life is basically a long list of strong starts followed by getting completely sidetracked and falling off the fitness wagon.

I used to be the really skinny skid who was also short. Athletic things intimidated the crap out of me. Then, as I got older that little skinny kid eventually started to look less like an elf more and more like a dwarf. 

As it stands I'm 25, 5' 7" and 175 lbs and 24% body fat. Long term, I'd like to drop that fat percentage closer to 14%. I'm not so much concerned with my weight, I don't mind be short and bulky, as long as I'm strong. Honestly, the drive i get to look good comes from watching my heroes in comics, shows, movies, and video games. I want to be able to do what they do. I want to be able to free run like Ezio, to have the stamina of Deadpool (not the face though). 

I live in Philadelphia (Go Union!) and I'm a manager at  movie theatre.... which isn't really the most health based job. Despite my tendencies toward laziness, I really enjoy hiking, and geocaching. I'm a reader and singer. I love to dance (not that I'm any good at it). I LOATH running. I'm glad that it makes people happy (my boyfriend of 3 years loves running). But it's just not something I like. I do love talking and egtting to know new people. 

Oh and I can knit.... like a proper viking. 

I'm also bad at thinking of what to say about myself. So please feel free to ask me just about any question you can think of. I'm a very open person. 

Anyway, I think this has gotten long enough! Hello everyone! I look forward to getting to know you all. 

• Like 1

In case you were wondering it's pronounced rye-dough, but most call me Rai (like the whiskey) for short.

My current challenge can be found HERE

<<Insert witty, motivational statement here>>

Welcome to the rebellion. Don't worry about not liking running, many of us don't, and some do. You don't have to run or do hours of cardio to get fit, some people strength train exclusively.  The best workout is the one you will actually do. Why not check out the Beginner Body Weight Workout from Steve's blog? Also, a six week challenge is starting on Monday, why not head over to the recruit section and sign up? 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Oh...another East Coast nerd.....*clears throat*

Have you thought about signing up for races/events as a motivation to get fit? I also really really really dislike running alone. However put me in a race environment and watch me go! I'm particularly hooked on the Spartan Races as they're generally more trail running with 20-30 obstacles throughout depending on the race- running, climbing, jumping and crawling feels a lot more fun than just straight road running to me. 

If it's not something that interests you at all though, Tank is right- plenty of people lift and do bodyweight workouts and get into absolutely incredible shape. Just have to decide what really drives you and what physical accomplishments draw you. 

*As a note I'm known for trying to recruit people to be my race buddies...sooooo there's a Spartan race in NJ in Sept I might go to, though if you decide to check them out I'd recommend the Citizen's Bank Sprint in Oct....if you start training for them shoot me a message, I get beyond excited about these things :D 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Hmmmm.... running with things to do in between the runs doesn't sound to bad. My real dislike isn't short distance running... it's long distances. I'll shoot ya a PM. 

• Like 1

In case you were wondering it's pronounced rye-dough, but most call me Rai (like the whiskey) for short.

My current challenge can be found HERE

<<Insert witty, motivational statement here>>