Boston nerd checking in

Hey folks. I just found this community based off the intermittent fasting article put up a bit ago. As a gamer of all sorts it seems like it fit me pretty well.

I've always been in generally okay shape, but nothing great. 

I run 2-4 miles a couple of days a week. I make an effort to do a solid lifting regime just about every other day. I've always tiptoed around the edge of having abs and I'm tired of not quite being there. I'm trying to change up my diet more so that I can really push my body fat down and develop more muscle. My family is all pretty stocky, but if I could define my waist, hips, and back a bit more that might help with the ridiculous barrel of a torso I've got sitting on me.  

Unfortunately a couple of years back I tore something while working on my side split (like an idiot) and I've lost a lot of flexibility. I used to be able to drop into a front split and I can't imagine anything like it these days. 

Anyway, I'm here because I want to build muscle, drop that last bit of fat, and start getting my flexibility back in step. 

Great to meet you all!

Miles run, 17.3/72

24%
24%

Days with logged fitness 9/43

20.9%
20.9%

Days without refined sugar 7/43
16.3%
16.3%

my challenge thread!

Welcome to the rebellion. Sorry about your setbacks. This is a great place to get the help you need. NF Yoga is coming soon, that ought to help you with flexiblity.  It's not too late to sign up for the current six week challenge, first timer's start out in the recruit section. As for your goals, it sounds like strength plus speed plus flexibility. Do all the things kind of people generally end up with us rangers.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome, laughing_dog! Do you have the NESgun to go with your avatar? :)

Good luck in your endeavors! 

Hilariously I came across my old NES when cleaning up a bunch of stuff the other day. I still have my light gun, though it seems a little wonky.

Either that or twenty some odd years of not playing have destroyed any skill I once had at the game.

Thanks! good luck to you too, I look forward to hearing about your progress!

Welcome to the rebellion. Sorry about your setbacks. This is a great place to get the help you need. NF Yoga is coming soon, that ought to help you with flexiblity.  It's not too late to sign up for the current six week challenge, first timer's start out in the recruit section. As for your goals, it sounds like strength plus speed plus flexibility. Do all the things kind of people generally end up with us rangers.

Thanks very much! Setbacks are just new goals in disguise. I have to learn how to strengthen and stretch the muscles around the injury, but I'll eventually figure it out and be better for it. I'm still reading through how all the rules work, I may have come in just a hair late to feel comfortable jumping in, but I'll be in the next one for sure. 

The rangers sounded neat. A good combination between warrior and assassin. 

Miles run, 17.3/72

24%
24%

Days with logged fitness 9/43

20.9%
20.9%

Days without refined sugar 7/43
16.3%
16.3%

my challenge thread!

Rangers, you say?!

*flies in majestically*

Welcome to the Rebellion! ^_^

I do a lot of mobility work as well as strength training and they both benefit each other HUGELY.  Kinda like peanut butter and jelly.  (Nom.........)  It's a learning process for sure but well worth it in the long run.  Just remember to take things slow and be gentle with yourself - injury is no fun, for sure!

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Rangers, you say?!

*flies in majestically*

Welcome to the Rebellion! ^_^

I do a lot of mobility work as well as strength training and they both benefit each other HUGELY.  Kinda like peanut butter and jelly.  (Nom.........)  It's a learning process for sure but well worth it in the long run.  Just remember to take things slow and be gentle with yourself - injury is no fun, for sure!

Did I mention we also have style and panache? 

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath