Hello, I am new here.

Found this site via web search for fitness info. I started a low carb high fat ketogenic way of eating in March and have lost 30+ lbs so far. Still have more to go (started at 227 lb) to get to a goal closer to about 145 lb for a 5'4.5" female. Too many years at a desk job and eating poorly or the so called "healthy diet" caught up with me as I reached my late 30s and now at 42 made the change.

Now I am looking for inspiration and assistance in getting exercise into the plan. I am not sure what exactly yet, but I hate running as a forced activity. I am focusing on strength training I think and cardio of some kind will eventually get into the mix. I used to be active swimming and working with horses in my younger days, I am hoping that it isn't a lost cause having been out of shape for so long. :-)

Your site appeared to offer a fun way to get back into exercise and hopefully stick with it. I may try the angry birds workout as a first project.

Welcome to the rebellion. Sounds like you have a good plan with angry birds and are already eating better, that alone is 80% of weight loss. A new challenge started yesterday, why not head over to the recruit section and fill out a challenge thread?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome welcome and good luck.

I was down in New Haven for years, one of the things I used to do was head up to hammonaset state park for hikes and runs. If you're anywhere near that area it's a good spot for cardio.

It's really pretty most times of the year and they've got a good set of trails!

Miles run, 17.3/72

24%
24%

Days with logged fitness 9/43

20.9%
20.9%

Days without refined sugar 7/43
16.3%
16.3%

my challenge thread!

Hi Laughing_dog, no I am not near Hammonasset.  I am up in Waterbury but I work in New Haven.  I like getting out to hike at White Memorial (north of me in Litchfield) when I can. I only run if the zombies are chasing me.

Thanks all for the congrats and encouragement.