I can't stop touching my face :(

Hi guys and gals, I don't know if it's common or not, but I can't stop touching my face! I caress my beard or scratch my skin or pop pimples, it's like bitting my nails. Only that I don't do that, BUT, whenever my hands are idle they go straight to my face. When I sit down to read is a perfect example, my mind concentrates on the text and before I notice I find myself holding the book with one hand and touching my face with the other.

I tried the "just don't touch your face approach", but it only work when I am concious about it.

Maybe squeezing a stress ball could help?

Does this also happen to anyone else?

Thanks!

Amount of what you have to give in order to succeed.

The Adventure Awaits...

Instagram

Gonna look weird but......

you could wear white cotton gloves.

The colour will probably catch your eye before your hand gets to your face, and even if it does, the feeling will be off and that will snap you out of it. The cotton is easily washable and will prevent the oil/dirt transfer you're probably worried about.

• Like 1

Sinnah Saint, half-elf, lvl1 Assassin - STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1.86 | CON 2.86 | WIS 2 | CHA 1.38 - Personal Blog

First 6-Week Challenge

I do this! All the time if my hands are idle its straight to the face or head! I never thought about trying to stop never thought of it as a problem lol 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams

I have to wear makeup to stop touching my face, and I put clear mascara on my eyebrows to stop from plucking them

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

I was just thinking this week that I need to stop doing this so much!

I tend to scratch at my face - especially my nose - like it's really itchy or something, but it's really not. Just a nervous twitch or idle-hand problem I guess.

I'm going to try the 'snap a rubber band on your wrist' fix. If you have no clue what I'm talking about: wear a rubber band on your wrist, then snap yourself with it every time you notice yourself doing whatever you don't want to be doing...

It worked for me when I wanted to curse less :P