Do you even mud? - Tough Mudder Achievement

After all of the training and apprehension, I finally ran Tough Mudder in Toronto this past weekend.

It was difficult but I'm certain that with another year of training, I can perform it more easily next year. It was a great way to start on my fitness journey.

Any other Mudders out there?

Northman88

Level 5 Human Assassin Updated December 14, 2015

10 - STR | 4 - DEX | 6 - CON | 4 - STA | 7 - WIS | 5 - CHA

Challenge Thread Link Placeholder

0%
0%

Placeholder

0%
0%

Placeholder

0%
0%

Placeholder

Hi, I'm considering a Tough Mudder for next year, gicen the OCR fever that seems to be overtaking the Rangers.

Would love to hear some reviews/opinions of the difficulty level of these and what the atmosphere is like. (Remember I'm a newcomer to this sort of training )

I see green herbs !

First off, the atmosphere is amazing. They make you recite an oath before the race and one part (paraphrasing) is "I will help my fellow racers complete the course". There were a couple obstacles I wouldn't have been able to do without a helping hand.

Difficulty: I'm by no means in amazing shape and I was able to finish. The Toronto Tough Mudder is hosted at a ski resort, so there is a LOT of running and hiking up steep inclines. My legs are killing me today but with hill training leading up to it, you'll be fine.

Upper body strength is required for the majority of the obstacles (the crawling and "fear-based" obstacles were easily done) and will require climbing walls and/or rope. If you're training pull ups already, you should be fine for next year. I train bodyweight myself (pull ups, push ups, check out my workout log if you'd like) and I'm not sore at all in my upper body (not counting the cuts and bruises).

All-in-all, awesome experience.

Northman88

Level 5 Human Assassin Updated December 14, 2015

10 - STR | 4 - DEX | 6 - CON | 4 - STA | 7 - WIS | 5 - CHA

Challenge Thread Link Placeholder

0%
0%

Placeholder

0%
0%

Placeholder

0%
0%

Placeholder

That was a term I have not heard for a long time.  At first I thought this is what you meant by MUD.

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Any other Mudders out there?

You might wanna check out this side of the boards

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️