The Yogi Alliance Against Ganondorf

Bonjour my fellow Rebels!

I am looking forward to bringing some more discipline into my life and connecting with more people who like video games and fitness! I'm a huge Potterhead (like yeah, sometimes I go to bars in my Hogwarts sweatpants) and I've also been addicted to Harvest Moon/The Legend of Zelda since I'm 7. 

I recently started doing more yoga and it gave me such a wonderful boost of energy. I've also been doing strength training on and off for 2-3 years now and I would love to finally get to that good flow of doing both yoga, strength training and some cardio to get my health to optimal levels. (There's no way I can defeat those bosses if I don't level up a bit more!)

I hope this description showed you a bit of who I am, haha. See you soon Rebels!

''Do no harm, take no shit.''

Battle Log | Challenges 1 2 

Yoga is one of the best things ever!  

I've been doing a mix of heavy lifting and yoga for a little while now and they really do supplement each other so well.  I need to add more HIIT/cardio to my current lineup... slowly but surely I will. :)

Welcome to NF fellow Rebel!  ( Hogwarts Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts~ )

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Thank you everyone for welcoming me, I already like this place singing frogs and all! :)

Yoga is one of the best things ever!  

I've been doing a mix of heavy lifting and yoga for a little while now and they really do supplement each other so well.  I need to add more HIIT/cardio to my current lineup... slowly but surely I will. :)

Welcome to NF fellow Rebel!  ( Hogwarts Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts~ )

I absoutely agree! Heavy lifting makes you stronger and yoga gives flexibility to your muscles, basically It's like using the Philosopher's Stone. (ah! ;) )

Thank you for welcoming me fellow Rebel! :) (and don't wander in the forest at night.) 

Welcome to the rebellion. (Rebwarts Rebwarts Rebby Nerdy Rebwarts). What are some of your goals?

Thank you! And I'm so glad that you asked because I totally forgot to write specific goals which is kind of important (kind of really important in a fitness journey) so I'll write it down at the end of my post!

Rebwarts; I love it!  :lol:

Ayyye Zelda is lyf ;) Welcome to the Rebellion!!

Handy tip: make your goals specific so you know what you are working towards and how far you have to go until you make another goal :)

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/01/03/how-to-not-suck-at-goal-setting/

Zelda has been transmitted from generation to generation in my family, haha. (Okay my Mom played, which made my older sister play and I started playing too when I was 7. It's a very healthy addiction. Yes.) And thank you for welcoming me!

And thank you for reminding me of writing a specific goal. You guys are all awesome! 

I like the idea of S.M.A.R.T. goals. It's simple and specific so here we go (Mario): 

S (Specific): I want to get into the Scorpion pose. http://www.gaiamtv.com/pose/scorpion-pose-vrschikasana (what's up gorgeous pose)

M (Measurable): I know that I can't really put a set-date on getting into a pose (our bodies have a tendancy of doing their own thing and not caring, ah!) but let's say that for the next 8 weeks I do some headstand work (be it 30 seconds or 30 minutes) everyday and I'll see how much I've progressed! And I'll measure it by taking pictures once per week. 

A (Action-Oriented): Practice yoga everyday (BUT) I know myself and I know that I can't do a 90 minutes session everyday. So I'm aiming to do small sessions everyday (about 15-30 mins :) ) and one 90 minutes session per week (which is tonight, eek so excited). I'm also gonna do some strength training about 3x a week, most probably I'll do Darebee workouts and some Fitness Blender. We'll see. 

R (Realistic): I know It's probably gonna take way longer than 8 weeks. Is that realistic? I mean. 

T (Timed): On Monday September 19th I'll put my progress pictures with the starting pose and the new pose! 

I guess that since the challenge is already started I should create a Battle Log and I'll join into the next one? :) Thank you again fellow Rebels!

*Hyrulian Yogi has escaped*  :onthego:

• Like 1

''Do no harm, take no shit.''

Battle Log | Challenges 1 2