Well done. With weights or without?

Without. It's been five years since I last exercised so I'm not quite ready to do them with. Once I've got the hang of body weight squats and have regular access to free weights then I'll attempt to do them with weights.

• Like 1

Hero's Journey

3.33%
3.33%

Spartan Trials

1.66%
1.66%

100 Body Weight Squats

12%
12%

Without. It's been five years since I last exercised so I'm not quite ready to do them with. Once I've got the hang of body weight squats and have regular access to free weights then I'll attempt to do them with weights.

Excellent plan - developing your form with bodyweight squats will also offer the added bonus of preparing your joints and overall flexibility.

I had to learn that the hard way when starting with barbell squats. :D

• Like 1

The body weight squats are nice to harden thighs and I feel without weights is enough if you do not want to srsly bulk your thighs.

Body weight alone is pretty great but since my end goal is to do them with free weights, I'm not bothered by the possibility of bulkier thighs.

Excellent plan - developing your form with bodyweight squats will also offer the added bonus of preparing your joints and overall flexibility.

I had to learn that the hard way when starting with barbell squats. :D

Thank you! I just figured I should perfect my form before attempting squats with the big, scary weights. Improved joint health and flexibility are welcome benefits.  What happened when you started out with those?

Hero's Journey

3.33%
3.33%

Spartan Trials

1.66%
1.66%

100 Body Weight Squats

12%
12%