Bay Area & Fabulous - New to the Academy and the Rebellion

Hello everyone! 

I am new to the Academy today as well as the Rebellion. I am on IRC getting to know some of you awesome folks! 

I am 33 years old and live near San Francisco, CA. I have only been in the Bay Area since August of 2015. Before that, I live in Japan for seven years where. It was there I met my wonderful husband. We have been together for around 7 years and married for over three. We wanted to start a family. So we got him a green card and moved to San Francisco. My side of the family lives in New York so San Francisco is a nice middle ground in which to build a family. We are also an LGBT couple so being close to San Francisco, a Meca for these issues, has been lovely. 

My husband and I play World of Warcraft (still have accounts but haven't played recently--moving to the US takes up a lot of time). I am also a middle school English/History teachers as well as an English academic. I liked how NF married the nerd aspects of my life with the fitness aspects I have been trying to obtain. 

In Japan my husband and I went bouldering weekly. I also have has a dream of doing a free-form tripod headstand. After reviewing all the classes on NF I chose assassin. Scout seems more in gear with my current capabilities, but scout is where I dream to be. I am shooting hight. 

I also loved that NF has a strong sense of community which is something I have been looking for. My goals are to create healthy habits through small goals with a strong community backing. There are a lot more goals packed in there but that one is the bulk of it. 

I am a teacher, an academic, and a sci-fi/gaming nerd who currently lives in SF with his husband. I am looking to build healthy habits that stick and keep me happy while doing them. Happy to be a part of the rebellion and meet more wonderful people. 

Looking to hear more from all of you? Where are you from and what are your hobbies?

• Like 2

Wood Elf Assassin / Current Challenge Thread: Two / Completed Challenges: One

Lvl 2: STR: 1 DEX: 5 STA: 6 CON: 4 WIS: 6 CHA: 3

Instagram

CHALLENGE GOAL 1: "Be-Four Dawn"

16.6%
16.6%

CHALLENGE GOAL 2: "Pull It Together"

16.6%
16.6%

CHALLENGE GOAL 3: "This End Up"

16.6%
16.6%

LIFE CHALLENGE GOAL: "Write On Track"

0%
0%

Hello and welcome!! :D  

The community here is FANTASTIC, truly second to none.  I have no doubt you'll find kindred spirits here to help on your journey and make friends fast!!

I used to play WoW up until a few months ago... what classes did you play?  My main is a resto druid but I also like resto shaman - healing in PVP is my jam. :)  Lately I've been playing Guild Wars 2 again, though!

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Thank you for the warm welcome! I have been completing academy quests as well as settling into the first week of school (I teach middle school ELA & History). 

My main is a frost mage. I liked raiding in PVE. I also have a female healing dwarf pally and a tanking female worgen warrior. I see they are coming out with a new expansion.

Are you part of the academy too?  

Hello and welcome!! :D

The community here is FANTASTIC, truly second to none.  I have no doubt you'll find kindred spirits here to help on your journey and make friends fast!!

I used to play WoW up until a few months ago... what classes did you play?  My main is a resto druid but I also like resto shaman - healing in PVP is my jam. :)  Lately I've been playing Guild Wars 2 again, though!

Instagram

16.6%
16.6%

16.6%
16.6%

16.6%
16.6%

0%
0%

Welcome to the Rebellion! I might be moving to Japan next year so I'll definitely ask for tips from you, eheh. :) It's always best to aim high, that's how we grow so I'm sure you'll do great here! 

I am looking forward to the first challenge, I think it's gonna be awesome to follow everyone's journey. :D

''Do no harm, take no shit.''

Battle Log | Challenges 1 2 

Wonderful! I hope you have a great experience in Japan! I lived in the Kansai Area, in Osaka to be exact. If you want tips feel free to message me! The first challenge? I have to read up on how those work! Have you done challenges here before? 

Welcome to the Rebellion! I might be moving to Japan next year so I'll definitely ask for tips from you, eheh. :) It's always best to aim high, that's how we grow so I'm sure you'll do great here! 

I am looking forward to the first challenge, I think it's gonna be awesome to follow everyone's journey. :D

Instagram

16.6%
16.6%

16.6%
16.6%

16.6%
16.6%

0%
0%

I've heard of Osaka, I've been told it's really beautiful there! 

This is my second time on the NF forums so yes, I was part of a challenge once. Basically they last for 6 weeks and we set goals for ourselves and we get to give ourselves stats just like in our favorite games. It's pretty cool! I don't know when the next one will be but it should be pretty soon as the current one ends on September 6th. :)

''Do no harm, take no shit.''

Battle Log | Challenges 1 2