You have to let it all go...Fear...Doubt.....Free your Mind

Hi Everyone I just found your site while looking around on the internet for a fitness community to join. I believe I found one that I really like because I am a PC gamer myself and have always enjoyed RPGs.

To start my origin story, back in middle school I was browsing good old youtube when I found a video called, "urban ninja". Of course my curiosity led me to click on the video and when I did I saw this one guy doing flips of building, climbing things, jumping gaps and the like. Looking in the related videos column I was surprised to see that there were many other videos of people doing the same thing and I discovered what this wonderful sport was called, Parkour and Freerunning. I was hooked from that moment on and the very next day I was out at my local park jumping of rails, vaulting tables, and doing wallruns. I continued to do so for the next 2 years, meeting a lot of good friends along the way, including my teacher and my parkour and freerunning team known as Starchasers.

However when my sophomore year of high school I hit my first low point; my team members began to split of and do there own thing like wrestling or swim. Our once great team of 15 people reduced to the original 3 members, my teacher kaze, my rival but very good friend jet, and myself. We continued to practice although not as often, sometimes a month would go by between sessions. I got to the point where all I would do when I came home from school was play games on my computer. It was fun at first, i mean who doesn't like to sit and grind all day, but eventually I came to realize that I was only at my happiest when I was out in the world testing my abilities against all odds. So around the middle of my junior year I decided it was time for a change. I got into contact with a couple of old team members and began to organize practices every weekend.

I was back to my real life grind and I was loving it. I could feel myself getting stronger, faster, more agile. I surpassed the peak of my abilites that I had back when I first started practicing and continued to climb the ladder of success until I was pretty sure that I could get sponsered for doing Parkour. But then the world decided to throw a right hook to my face, I graduated high school. Suddenly I was forced into a world where I had to get a job and find out what college I wanted to go to. I got myself a job about a month after leaving high school and started to take classes at computer training academy in riverside so I could get some certificates in Computers. I found myself not having as much time for parkour and freerunning and eventually hopped back on the lazy train where all I did was work, go to school, come home and play games.

Well here I am now, a little over a year out of high school. I hate the laziness that has overcome me and it is once again time for me to climb out of the hole that I dug for myself. I am currently running 20 minutes every day and doing a lot of bodyweight exercises. I am in the process of turning vegetarian but it is a little harder than I was expecting because my whole family is a bunch of meat eaters. I plan on becoming very active in this community and hope that I will met many others like me.

I am an assassin....but im also a druid......i guess i could call myself a Shadow Druid.

Parkour looks totally awesome to me.  I found that same video, only I think I was already out of college by then (you just indirectly caused me to feel REALLY OLD) and never really thought of it as something I could do.  That's really cool that you did/do it.  I'm a newbie here myself so, nice to meet you, good luck to us both!

qgroff | Level 2 Lycan Adventurer
STR 2.5 | STA 3.5 | DEX 1.5 | CON 1.21 | WIS 2 | CHA 2
Twitter | Intro Post | Main Quest | Challenge 1 | Challenge 2
(Goals under spoiler jump)

Main Quest

Get down to 175 pounds: SW: 210, CW: 200

29.38%
29.38%

Pit of Despair side quest badges: Dishes (in progress)  Animal Care (in progress)

Challenge Goals

Goal 1a - Get below 190: Started at 206, 6/16

37.25%
37.25%

Goal 1b - Keto/calories: 8/41
19.51%
19.51%

Goal 2 - Activity grab bag: 0/30
0%
0%

Goal 3 - Pushup/pull-up training: 1/30
3.33%