Hello fellow nerds! My name is Elijah. I am 22 and transgender. I am also severely overweight. I weigh 316 and am 5'7. I have always said oh yeah I will lose weight blah blah blah. But now.. I am ready to become the man I was always meant to be. The old me is a lazy, couch potato. Elijah I want to be a strong, confident strapping young man. Before I start taking hormones, I want to practice being in shape. That way when the hormones kick in, it will just be fuel to already great habits. I am a huge nerd also. I love Doctor Who, Harry Potter, and Pokemon. My guilty pleasure is My Little Pony lol. I am really excited to have found Nerd Fitness though and can not wait to begin leveling up.

• Like 1

I'm a newbie myself, figured I'd read a few other recent introductions.  So, welcome!  Awesome on the prepping before hormones thing, btw.  I don't know much about the process but I'm gay and I have a few trans and genderqueer acquaintences so "I get you" on some level, I guess :)  Anyway, may we both find an awesome routine and stick with it!  

qgroff | Level 2 Lycan Adventurer
STR 2.5 | STA 3.5 | DEX 1.5 | CON 1.21 | WIS 2 | CHA 2
Twitter | Intro Post | Main Quest | Challenge 1 | Challenge 2
(Goals under spoiler jump)

Main Quest

Get down to 175 pounds: SW: 210, CW: 200

29.38%
29.38%

Pit of Despair side quest badges: Dishes (in progress)  Animal Care (in progress)

Challenge Goals

Goal 1a - Get below 190: Started at 206, 6/16

37.25%
37.25%

Goal 1b - Keto/calories: 8/41
19.51%
19.51%

Goal 2 - Activity grab bag: 0/30
0%
0%

Goal 3 - Pushup/pull-up training: 1/30
3.33%
3.33%

Helllllloooooo! Just wanted to say hi, and welcome to the rebellion. Have you all found your way around the site ok?

One of the easiest ways to integrate into the community and make friends is to sign up for a 6 week challenge. The current one is just finishing which means there will be another one about to start. These are also really good for helping you with goal setting, and as a way of tracking your progress (so you don't get disheartened). For your first challenge you need to join the Recruits, but then after that you can join a Guild which is a fun way of meeting other people with similar goals.

I always advise having a read through some of the previous challenge threads to get inspiration and ideas. Some people go whole hog into the RPG thing and create a character or alter-ego for themselves and a storyline for their challenge, or some (like me) just set out their goals and post updates once or twice a week. It's up to you.

Let me know if any of you guys needs any help or advice.

Oh, and btw, there's a LGBT thread in the Rebellion Headquarters that you might be interested in as well as a very funny social thread called "I have an urge to say something random". Don't try to read it all, you won't make it out alive, just jump in and join in with anything you like.

Hope to see you all around. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously