Time to quit messing about

Hello, all!

I've been here before under a different account, but I wanted to start fresh with a new one. Last time I was here I got a second job in the middle of my first challenge and all my work went out the window in the face of a 70+ hour work week. I got the job to save money to move. I've done that now and am back to one job. No excuse.

So, a bit about me. I'm 30, a new resident of Dorchester, MA, and transgender (female to male). I'm still mostly in the closet and present to the world as female. Being transgender has really made it hard for me to get fit. The body I would feel comfortable in does not come from diet and exercise. In fact, the fitter I get, the less comfortable I am. I lose my stomach first, making my hips and chest all the bigger. Motivation can me hard to come by with that. After many years of crushing self reflection, I've decided that I need to transition. Knowing that a male body is on it's way will help with the dysphoria that comes with losing weight.

I'm 5'8", about 250lbs. I can't get a better estimate than that. I haven't stepped on a scale in months and don't want to now. Partly out of fear, but also because I know what that number does to my confidence. I'd rather just ignore it until I have other issues in hand. I just started running using Zombies 5k and I signed up for the Academy and Yoga. Less than a week in, but I hope to keep that momentum. 

I'm still eating like crap. I work in the middle of Boston and use public transit for everything. I no longer own a car, by choice, but it does make some things more difficult, like grocery shopping. Of course the week that I decided to work on myself, my job decided to change up my schedule to make it impossible to get out and buy good food. But it's, hopefully, just for the week and then I'll be able to get the food I need. I was trying to save money on groceries by doing it the inconvenient way. But I spend more money on horrible fast food when I don't have the energy to make it to the grocery store. So now I'm probably going to go to the convenient, but expensive grocery store in the city, or check out delivery options.

Okay, this is god-awful long. Sorry :/ 

Not as long as my intro! ;)  Good to see ya and good luck on your journey, I hope you stick with it this time!

qgroff | Level 2 Lycan Adventurer
STR 2.5 | STA 3.5 | DEX 1.5 | CON 1.21 | WIS 2 | CHA 2
Twitter | Intro Post | Main Quest | Challenge 1 | Challenge 2
(Goals under spoiler jump)

Main Quest

Get down to 175 pounds: SW: 210, CW: 200

29.38%
29.38%

Pit of Despair side quest badges: Dishes (in progress)  Animal Care (in progress)

Challenge Goals

Goal 1a - Get below 190: Started at 206, 6/16

37.25%
37.25%

Goal 1b - Keto/calories: 8/41
19.51%
19.51%

Goal 2 - Activity grab bag: 0/30
0%
0%

Goal 3 - Pushup/pull-up training: 1/30
3.33%
3.33%

Welcome back (I'm also a returning Nerd so you're not alone on that boat!) to the Rebellion! First of all, congrats on chosing yourself and working towards your goal. Keep in the mind all the positive changes coming your way and I'm sure it will help motivate you on your journey!

I really hope your work schedule changes so you get some time to do proper grocery shopping - it's so important! Also yay for Nerd Yoga, I bought it too! Did you do any of the sessions yet? :)

''Do no harm, take no shit.''

Battle Log | Challenges 1 2