Hi everyone. My name is Ryan.

I'm married with one kid (7yr old boy) and own an electrical business. My life is hectic and I rarely get a chance to sit and relax. I'm 35 and have always been over weight. At 6'3", I carried it pretty well until the last couple years being in my truck and office managing instead of physically performing. I have tried the diet and exercise thing since high school and have always failed. Simply put, I couldn't do it myself and didn't ask for help. Newly married in last August (tomorrow the 31st is my first anniversary!), I spent 6 months adjusting to my new life. My New Years resolution for 2015 (as it was for the previous 20 years) was to get in shape and make better food decisions. BUT this time I asked for help. By my side, making me breakfast and lunch everyday at 530am and giving me the emotional support I apparently needed, my wife has been instrumental in my success to this point. Jan 1 2015, I was 250lbs @ 6'3" and 30%bf. (That's nearly a third of me...smh)

As of today, I'm at 205lbs and 18%bf! Quite a physical transformation let me tell you! I feel great, but I'm not done. I have a goal of 10%bf and have stalled. I was 210lbs by June and only lost that additional 5lbs in the last two weeks. I was eating so good until summer. I still eat mostly good, but I cheat 4-5 times a week instead of 1 now. (I do not eat fast food. That stuff makes me ill now) Beer is another Achilles heal and now that football season is on us... I fear I'm screwed unless I can real myself in. My wife is great at supporting me emotionally and with making me healthy meals, but I need to be part of a community that helps keep my head in the game. She doesn't exercise. At all. So hopefully she won't mind me cheating on her with you all!

My goal is to have 10%bf.

My goal is to lift weights 4x a week.

My goal is to eat healthy all week and cheat once a week.

My goal is to perform cardio 4-5x a week

My goal is maintain consistency for a year (8 months in!)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The thing about consistancy is you have to be consistant :)  Looks like you are already off to a great start.

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Strength:8  Dexterity:8   Constitution:8  Intelligence:6
Wisdom:6  Charisma:7

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

Batroc Challenge Challenge

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

Welcome to the Rebellion.

What kind of programme are you looking to follow for lifting and what kind of cardio are you doing?

Consistency is the absolute key to success. It's better to follow a slightly sub-optimal programme or diet consistently than to follow an optimal programme or diet inconsistently.

Here is a sample week.

Monday: Bench (1x12@135, 4x6@185); Incline DB Bench (3x8@50); Flys or Decline; OH Tricep extensions (3x12@60); Seated Calf raises (4x12@135); ABS

Tuesday: Bent over row (1x12@95, 4x8@135); Lat Pulldown; Lawnmower pull; Standing bicep bar curl (21s@45)

Wednesday: day off (would like to sneak in for cardio)

Thursday: Squat (1x12@135, 4x8@185); Walking lunges (4x10@25lb plates in each hand); Angled leg press or leg ext/ham curls; ABS

Friday: Overhead bar press (1x12@65, 4x6@115) Front/lateral raises; bent over incline rear delt; bicep DB curls; preacher curls; OH ext; dips (up to 10,10,10,15)

sat/sun break

for cardio, i have doing it 2-3 times a week at the end of my lifts. 7.5incline @ 3.5mph for 20 min a time.

thoughts?

I take it there's progression built in to the programme? It's hard to tell much from a single sample week.

You know, that may be part of the issue. I don't really have a set progression. I will add weight here and there, but I don't really know what I'm doing or how to reach my goal efficiently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fellow beer lover here. It gets easier after a while of saying no. Eventually you'll be happy with one or two (because one or two will be all it will take to get you feelin good :P

Reducing beer will help with your bf % reduction, let me know if you're looking for tips on how to structure a challenge quest around it- I've done a few and found some work better than others for me. 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Fellow beer lover here. It gets easier after a while of saying no. Eventually you'll be happy with one or two (because one or two will be all it will take to get you feelin good :tongue:

Reducing beer will help with your bf % reduction, let me know if you're looking for tips on how to structure a challenge quest around it- I've done a few and found some work better than others for me. 

Nice!! Thank you. I'd like to read your challenge if you want to share.

Welcome!

Lifting and cardio, eh? You should check out the Rangers ;)

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.