Rugby World Cup

maegs

YES! All the yes! I'm South African (In the UK). I watched RSA vs Japan...I could have cried damn it. How the hell did that even happen!

Also, wife is Welsh so that's my fallback team lol.

But needless to say rugby season and especially world cup time can get unnecessarily tense in our house :P

• Like 2

The valiant never taste of death but once.

Battle Log:

100 Day Bench Press Challenge (64 Days)

Challenge: 1, 2

Estrix, level 1 Goblin Raider

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

I am so excited that Scotland actually won a rugby match.  Tries were scored and everything!

My family has a general rule - we support Scotland if they're playing, if not we support whoever England is playing.  The only exception to this is Wales v Scotland where my mum goes all Welsh (apparently my great grandfather played for Wales waaaay back in the day, and my grandfather was half Welsh so she gets a bit patriotic).  Ironically my mum's more English than anything...

• Like 1

Fiona - Assassin

Horses ~ Circus ~ Rats ~ Genetics

Four week challenges: 1 2 3 (Failed) 4 5

Current challenge: Here

4. Whoever's playing England France  ;)

:D

As a Dutchie, I have so many 'favorite' teams (Ireland, Wales, England, Scotland, Fiji...), that I don't have any real preference to who wins - I sort of go for the feel of the game and support whoever I like best at that moment.

Well. Except for France.

Ofc with a half-French boyfriend in the house, this makes for exciting times during the world cup/six nations.

Oh I just saw this.

guy1.gif?w=1000

• Like 1

I'm very excited as I'm travelling up to Leeds tomorrow to watch Canada v. Italy. Go Maple Leafs!

Nooooo awesome! Friends of mine are going to Leeds on Sunday and had a spare ticket for Scotland - USA.

Last minute flights from AMS to wherever in the UK: 350+ euros. Ferry AMS - Newcastle: full. Sadness.

So much sadness.

Have fun man!

1f341.png

2e03d9d377287dfca684181b342da4f7.gif

Out of your own World Cup. What a nightmare!

Here's hoping all other home nations stay in the game four-leaf-clover.png

Your pain is my gain. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE, OI OI OI!

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

As a front row player, I have to take exception to the atrocity that is group hugs scrumming in rugby league... 

Ha! Fair enough. On front row note - I found out I'm the only prop left on my team. The other bailed on us for a different club.

New goal: become twice the size I am, grow two heads, plus gain ability to wrap myself around the hooker so I can play both sides at the same time. AARGH.

Well it's a pretty tense week in my house, South Africa (my team) play Wales (the wifes team) on Saturday! But the world cup final falls on my anniversary so that's pretty awesome! 

Ohooo! So looking forward to that game. 

• Like 1

Ha! Fair enough. On front row note - I found out I'm the only prop left on my team. The other bailed on us for a different club.

New goal: become twice the size I am, grow two heads, plus gain ability to wrap myself around the hooker so I can play both sides at the same time. AARGH.

As a hooker I would welcome that, it would be like a nice cosy hug in the middle of a scrum!

Good luck finding another prop!

• Like 1