Doctorake, reporting in

Long time lurker on the nerdfitness blog, finally making a forum account and joining a challenge.

Hi! I am Drake, 34 years old and very much into trying to better myself. I have been following the blog here for a long time but never thought of posting in here. Finally it is time.

I come from a fairly decent athletic background. Growing up  played semi pro Ice Hockey(goalie) from 18-20, then decided I would rather go to school and use my brain for a living. I got a degree in Computer Science and am now a software developer who likes to do stupid fitness stuff with my free time and play adult league hockey. Lately I have noticed a little more body fat on me and at 5' 9" 180lbs I think I could lose a bit of fat and gain some muscele. I am thinking of joining the current challenge and likely will in the next day or two, work was rough today and will be tomorrow, 12.5 hours today.

Some of my hobbies;

Hockey obviously.

Me and Peter Bondra(500+ NHL goals) after a charity game.

GuzATJt.jpg

CARS CARS CARS

n0Pe4qy.jpg

llWkncq.jpg

YKzr4ov.jpg

Ty7XOSj.jpg

Snowboarding

jZ1ZTWA.jpg

Races, either running or Triathalon

Me doing IRONMAN 70.3 this July

zLku7qr.jpg

duSMHdM.jpg

dolphin challenge this past march(5 miler, then next day a 13.1)

ieS9isM.jpg

Building things, currently a deck

EndTSX7.jpg

3 X moon shirts, also racing in them

He42qyv.jpg

q7Oj52j.jpg

GORUCK, the best company on earth and they run the best events.

yellow long sleeve in the front

KKHzubC.jpg

Me holding the flag while relaxing

zWQqknc.jpg

Hiking

hqda0DI.jpg

and other stuff I don't have many intersting pictures of, Warhammer 40k, board games, Magic the Gathering,  counter striek, and music. I can talk music for hours and I listen to a lot of strange intersting things. Genres I am into are, punk up until the mid 90's, metal(Black, power, viking, folk, pirate, etc.) strange odd rap, 90s rap, jungle, drum and bass, trance, house, dubstep, and ambient. I likely forgot some.

Looking to likely go Ranger, I like lifting, running/racing and rucking long stupid distances. Seems like the right pick for me. MY upcoming events as of now are IRONMAN 70.3 in New Orleans in April of 2016, and IRONMAN Madison(first full) on 9/11/2016.

That is it.

• Like 2

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

2 X IRONMAN, 3 X half IRONMAN, 3 X GORUCK Challenge, 2 X GORUCK back to back, Way too many GORUCK lights

So many active pictures! You make me jealous, haha! I think the last time I weighed 180 was middle school...

Go for the goal! Get that muscle!

Going to go for the muscle from now until 1/1/16, then it is going to be mostly Tirathalon cardio, losing any muscle.

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

2 X IRONMAN, 3 X half IRONMAN, 3 X GORUCK Challenge, 2 X GORUCK back to back, Way too many GORUCK lights

I proclaim ignorance. What is tirathalon cardio and why does it make you lose muscle?

Training for a long distance Triathalon(think cardio for 10+ hours straight). The training is intense and many many hours a week, too many calories burned and muscle stress to add muscle.

Look at triathalete pictures, they are defined but non are ripped/jacked.

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

Haha! That's a great pirate picture! Didn't think there was a pirate class though. I could be wrong. :P

Your description of triatholon cardio helped. It sounds very intense!

Dandelion

Race: Lapith

Class: Ranger-at-Heart (Recruit)

LVL 0/ STR 0/ DEX 0/ STA 0/ CON 0/ WIS 0/ CHA 0

Weight Loss: 1/28

3%
3%

BBWW: 6/15

40%
40%

No Sugar: 12/35

34%