Money Raised for Kids in a Nerdy Way

Woot, I just hit over $100 raised for Children s Miracle Network through a fundraiser called Extra-Life.  The fundraiser is a 24 hour video game marathon on Nov 7th 8am local time to Nov 8th 8am local time.  I've done this for 5 years and this is the earliest I've hit the $100 mark.  If you're interested in signing up or learning more checkout www.Extra-Life.org  all money you raise goes directly to the hospital of your choice, plus you get to play games for 24 hours and noone can give you a hard time about it.  Table top, RPG, console, PC, mobile, card games, etc are all part of the fun.  I encourage you to check it out.

https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donate.participant&participantID=145261

• Like 2

PolishRifle

Level 3 Jedi Knight

STR: 1 DEX: 1 STA: 5 CON: 4  WIS: 7 CHA: 5

"Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us.  Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
Reduce Body weight from 230lbs to 180lbs (lose 50 lbs) Currently 214lbs

32%
32%

This year our guild is hosting the 24 hour event at a used video game store.  We're going to have retro gaming hour, minecraft servers, smash bros tournament and mario kart tournament.  When I'm not doing that i'll be playing Star Wars the Old Republic, new expansion will be out in less than 2 weeks.

PolishRifle

Level 3 Jedi Knight

"Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us.  Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

32%
32%

And my fundraising is now up to $280  :tears_of_joy:

PolishRifle

Level 3 Jedi Knight

32%
32%

Ended the marathon Sunday at 8am.  I raised over $600 personally, got interviewed and was on the news playing a board game with my kids, and my local team raised over $30,000 for our hospital.  

Extra-Life, worldwide, raised over 6.3 million dollars and the official makeup day is next week so that number may grow even more.

http://www.local21news.com/news/features/featured/stories/Gamers-play-all-night-in-Camp-Hill-to-fight-cancer-229181.shtml

I'm the guy getting interviewed and my girls are the ones playing board games.  I was sitting behind the reporter when she was playing video games but my monitor is blocking my face.

PolishRifle

Level 3 Jedi Knight

32%
32%