Help me name my blog?

I'm not sure if I'm in the right corner of the boards - if not, please feel free to move my thread (or point me to an already existing thread, I did not find any, but maybe I looked in the wrong places).

For the past... oh, at least three weeks I've been trying to come up with a good blog name (and domain). I've asked friends and family, tried several name generators and came up with a few half-assed tries, but whatever I got was not perfect. Maybe one of you has a good suggestion? My eternal thanks will be yours (regrettably no moneyz; but maybe I can do something else for you if you need help?)

Things I want to write about:

- my lipedema (raising awareness of that illness, telling my story, talking about daily problems like wearing compression pants and sleeves, maybe dealing with surgery) - major focus, but probably not that many updates, at least for now

- connected with that: overall health, fitness, training, food - major focus, lots of updates (I do eat and train regularly ;) )

- a little about reading and writing (especially during November, as I'm a participant of NaNoWriMo again) - medium focus, I read a lot and will rant about NaNo during November

- a little bit about long hair care (but nothing about cosmetics in general, as I don't do make-up and have barely a sense of fashion) - minor focus, I do have long hair but don't have to tell all that much about it once I get the main routine down

- maybe a little bit about dressing up/cosplay/making your own costumes (I like to visit medieval fairs fully dressed up and do some of my dresses and stuff myself) - very little focus, at least at the moment, irregular posts

- occasionally a little bit about my pets, I have rats and am in the process of building a gecko habitat

As these topics might change over time, I want a more general name, possibly a little nerdy. Something easy to remember and easy to spell, as I'll write in both English and German. It probably will focus a lot on the lipedema, but that has different aspects, so I don't like a name like "My Lipedema". Maybe something along the lines of "Shibaras Place" - but that's very... general. I like Fantasy (especially high fantasy with elfes, wizards and dragons) and Science Fiction (especially Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate), love to play video games (mostly FPS, "Halo" got me started on the x-box all that years ago, but I've played even "ancient" text RPGs and basically still like anything with a bit of a story; if I can shoot or lightsaber my way through it, all the better, but I also do RPGs or Jump&Run's like Super Mario N64), love to read (mostly novels of said genres), love to roleplay (Pen&Paper or text-based), I'm a bit of a nature girl (I like walking and spending time outdoors, but I'm by no means a hiking expert)... and considering all this, I simply cannot decide on a main theme. I played around with a pirate-theme, but although I like your average swashbuckler, I don't consider myself as a regular pirate. I thought about a LOTR-theme, but came up only with very silly, airy names (I've not the body (yet?), but one day I'd like to cosplay as Tauriel from the Hobbit-movies; choosing a Tauriel-theme seems weird, at the moment I'm a hobbit). I like the NF-way of thinking - leveling up, turning your life into a game. Maybe play with the hand dealt to you - but then I have no clue about classic card games. Also, how would I name a "life is a game"-blog and not being mistaken for a gaming page? Else I'd maybe go for something RPG-y, something with dice maybe...

I'm open for absolutely all suggestions! Bonus points: your suggestion has not been taken as a blahblah.wordpress.com-domain (as I do have a wordpress-account this would be convenient, but there are a lot of blog-services out there, and I might even consider a toplevel domain one day).

Thank you for your time! *offers cookies*

While I don't have an idea for a name (But I'm thinking on it), I just want to note to try your best to not give it a name that pigeon holes you into a specific subject(Which sounds like your plan). My blog started out purely as a spot to put my daily battle logs. All of a sudden I realized I like writing (poorly), being sarcastic, and making people laugh(or trying). My blog has grown into a running and random thoughts/anecdotes type thing. Fortunately I chose a very neutral name "The Dilnad Can". My lesson learned is I had no idea where this thing was going. Leave yourself openings. I'll keep trying and scheme a name idea.

Actually one longshot idea just from your avatar...

ElvenRambler.wordpress.com? It's kinda cute and very open ended so you can talk about anything.

Hey. I've got a blog!! ----> The Dilnad Can!

This is how I did it. This is how you too can do it! ----> http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015/09/28/learn-how-an-office-worker-lost-100-lbs-saved-his-own-life-and-became-a-superhero/

Thanks for your valued input! Yeah, I was thinking about not boxing myself into a tight corner. My interests may change over time, and although my focus at the moment will probably the lipedema, I sincerely hope it won't determine my life forever. Hence I don't want a "my lipedema"-name. I like your can-name! :D (although I first read "clan" ;) ) And thanks for suggesting ElfenRambler. I like it, but I definitely don't have the body shape of an elf (yet, and it's uncertain if I ever can have that), so this seems somehow wrong. I do read a blog with an elfen name and the writer is very slim and lithe - that seems fitting, but as I'm  more of a hobbit or dwarf right now... I don't know.

One name I was considering was mixedbagoffeelings - grabbed that one, but will probably delete it again (nothing worse than thinking of a good name, looking it up and someone took that domain, but doesn't do anything with it!). Although I'm often in this or that mood, I probably won't write that much about (my) feelings in general.

After a lot of thinking I came up with something. Close second was "Tales from the Woodlands" (very long) and several other "tales from...", but today during lunch break somehow "Owl's Moving Castle" popped into my head. I don't have a walking house, less a castle, but I do like owls and the slight play on the movie "Howl's Moving Castle". I'm not absolutely sure I'll stick with it, but for now I like it and will start uploading content.

Thank you again for your help and feedback, Dilnad, I checked back here every so often, pondering about the name :)

• Like 1

That's an interesting name but when somebody will try to find out more about lipedema or find your blog through googling it but without mentioning its name I don't think they will find it. But if you are just keeping this blog just for yourself and those who by chance come across it, then I guess you can keep the current name. Still, if you want to sound more professional and give advice regarding this illness, try thinking of some other ideas. 

a writer and blogger at assignment help — write my assignment ;)