Time to introduce myself....

Hi everyone! I have been on the forum for maybe 2 weeks now but never took the time to introduce myself so here it goes!

I'm Pat, a 34 years old office worker from the Canadian Arctic. I decided to start being more active about a month ago. First it was a way to keep busy during my lunch time and soon because I liked it. I'm usually very active during the summer but in winter, with weather in the -40 to -50 and the little light, it's easy to want to sit on the couch and do nothing in the comfort of  your home.

I do a lot of fishing and hiking during the summer. Last year I started hunting and it's been a lot of fun so far. Cause I'm a bit of a nerd sometimes, I spent the last year reading all I can find about the new hunting sport and I even joined a shooting club and started practicing there weekly. It's not as easy as I thought!

I spend a scary amount of time canoeing during the summer. I did less of that the last 2 summers because of heavy forest fires in the region but otherwise I am on the water every weekend from end of may to early september.

During the spring and fall I also do lots of berry and mushroom picking and while at it I started studying animal tracks (that last one is very cool).

Over the last 15 years I followed all kinds of training to better play outside, stuff like survival class, search and rescue, orienteering, first aid,  outdoor oriented cooking classes, plant identification, etc, etc. I also graduated from a guiding school a while back.

For me NF will be a tool and a motivation to do more during the winter months and try to get back in shape cause really, while what you just read above might make me look like a very active person, trust me when I say years working in an office kind of work your body in a wrong way. Ok... not just the office, I also got lazy over the last few years.

As a  bonus I'd love to be in a good enough shape to get back so some of the activities I use to do or at least use to do better.

I read the guild and all and I think the Ranger is my kind of thing. I'll make sure to jump in the next 6 week challenge. Right now for training I did the recruit workout and gave a try to the body weight before to jump to dumbbell this week. I actually like both the bodyweight and the dumbbell so I might mix the 2 a little or go from one to the other and back, I don't know yet... time will tell.

Oh and finally, I have no goal to lose weight. My challenge is quite the opposite!

Hopefully I didn't derail too much in this introduction lol.

Cheer!

My Battle Log

Challenges 1, 2,

Escape the Matrix Quest

Those are challenges I couldn't complete during previous 6 Week Challenges. While they won't be my focus for the next 6WC, I am keeping them here until I complete them. I WILL complete them.

Push ups challenge (3 sets of 30)

50%
50%

Freaking pull ups challenge (10 consecutive pushups)

64%
64%

Hows life in the Canadian artic?

Easy! :)

Lots of work for every one (and well paid) and the mood is more relax than what you see in cities downsouth. There is a lot to do to so it's very easy to keep busy at whatever you like to do.

My Battle Log

Challenges 1, 2,

Escape the Matrix Quest

Those are challenges I couldn't complete during previous 6 Week Challenges. While they won't be my focus for the next 6WC, I am keeping them here until I complete them. I WILL complete them.

50%
50%

64%
64%

Hi SkinNbone. I agree with you the extra eating takes quite a bit of time. You would think it's easy to gain weight but it's not. I think I gain a big 2 pounds since I started.

Good luck with your pull up challenge. I have the same challenge and I know it's not an easy one.

My Battle Log

Challenges 1, 2,

Escape the Matrix Quest

50%
50%

64%
64%