Raid Challenge Administration Office

Test raid is up - http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/74035-betaville-the-first-raid-challenge/

Would like to get two more members for the test party, come one come all....

Test raid is ready, currently looking for vict...uhh test subjects for the first run.

Welcome to the RCAO, If you've been in your guilds general chat forums, you know what this is about. If not, well I'm prototyping a raid style challenge and being the kinda guy I am, jumped in the deep end without realizing I need a central location for all the information I gather. So here I am...

If you're not familiar with what I'm doing, here's a quick rundown...

http://rebellion.ner...aid-challenges/

This thread will be a location for me to centralize information, and organize ideas. You all can bring ideas, critiques, praise, hatred, what have you to this location.

This post will be general information and ideas not related to a specific class, class posts will follow. I will also not be posting anything specific to the test raid, part of the fun will be the reveal of the fights each week as teams run through the raid.

-I'm thinking about the fights being a one time deal, so you could do one fight as a group each week or something like that... some fights might go 2 days in a week if a party member dies somewhere. Though it could be a staged fight, where day 1 is phase 1, day 2 is phase 2...

-I'm leaning towards the Warcraft style, but it's not going to be so specific that ONLY one class can do something, at least not in the beginning, if this continues I might issue harder and harder challenges but I'll be sure to have raids that everyone can enjoy. Also I might have a task to do, but you can choose how you want to do it. Taking a warrior for example, the task might be to block a hole that a dragon is attempting to break out of using rocks that are located nearby, which would mean moving 2000 pounds, a distance of 20 feet. You can do this as a farmers walk and dumbbells, firemans carry, squat the weight up and walk... etc. It's up to you how you want to get those rocks where they need to be.

So this is the finalized ruleset, if you have any questions, please ask, I want to make sure these are clear and understandable.

Rule set

1. Party of 5, any combination of classes (larger raids in the future)

2. Events will be revealed as you progress through them, once the entire raid is completed then it’ll be fully open for you to read and devise plans for. Much like the common video game raids we know.

3. An event will consist of tasks that need to be completed for a victory, it could be simply fighting off mobs, or moving boulders. How you complete the task is up to you, in the fighting off mobs example, you can use punches, kicks, sword, axe, whatever. Moving boulders can be farmers walk, firemans carry, prowler push, etc…

4. If someone isn’t able to complete the task, then that member dies, and the rest pick up the slack (the event restarts from the beginning). If the task is to complete 200 punches in 5 minutes and there’s three people punching, and someone “dies†100 punches into it, then the rest must go back and do the fight again, adding in the other players task, So in this case, it would be 300 punches in 5 minutes for the 2 remaining fighters. In a group task, the party dies and it's a wipe

5. A task being done by a single person, such as tanking, who dies can be absorbed by the party. So someone else takes over tanking, the rest absorb that persons task however they choose. This is also a restart of the fight.

6. In the case of a party members death, the party will decide if they want to redo the fight, absorbing the tasks of any dead players, so 1 person dies, team goes back and fights, absorbing the dead members task, if another person dies, team goes back and absorbs both members’ tasks. In this case, the party decides if it’s a wipe, or if they want to try again.

7 If a team wipes, you go back one event. So if you have two fights and the first fight is a dragon, and you get to the second fight, an ogre, and wipe then you go back and fight the dragon again.

8 Initial raids will be 6 fights, to coincide with the 6 week challenges. If a raid is completed and goes on the “open to all†list, then you can do it whenever you choose.

9. Optional confirmation videos can be posted in your party's thread.

10. Weapons: Heavy weapons count as two hits, light weapons count as one hit. Though you can't kill more than one mob with a swing unless you have an ability. Example, you have two mobs that take 1 hit each to kill, both heavy and light weapons will take 2 swings to kill both. If you have 1 mob, that take 2 hits to kill, the heavy weapon will kill that mob in one swing, the light weapon in 2. You can carry more than one weapon.

11. Light weapons are considered weapons you can wield in one hand, but heavy weapons require two. Warhammers are heavy, katanas are light, holding a one hand weapon with 2 hands doesn't make it heavy. Punches and kicks are also light.

12: Raid events will be posted on Mondays beginning with Nov 2, if you've completed your task. Raid resets at 6 weeks, regardless of completion level.

[Optional] = Anyone can CHOOSE to do this task. This can link to a later task, locking you in for that position, for example an archer climbing to a parapet, they're now an archer for the rest of the event.
[Everyone] = Everyone must complete this task on their own
[Group] = As a group, complete the task or tasks.
[Week Long] = The group has the entire week to complete this

Each event is done as one session, either until you fail or until you reach the time limit. The only exception is week long events. You have the entire week to fulfill the tasks at your pace. You can choose what day you want to do your part of the event, it's the cumulative effort that determines pass or fail. The only time the day becomes important is when someone is setting the time for the rest of the party, then that member would want to get their part done as early as possible.

I'm ready to test, and all I need is guinea pigs.... but think less "humane experiments" and more "aperture science" experiments. I'm going to run this along side the 6 week challenge as the first known variable, and there will be at least one 1 week long task. I'd be interested in having at least one group that's been doing the fitness thing for a while, and one group that is pretty new (recruits would be awesome)

I will create the threads so I can place raid info in first post.

I will need team members names, and classes. You don't have to do tasks based on what class you are, this is just for test purposes for the following idea. Spells, classes and equipment.

Tank spell: Thunder Punch (Step forward into a lunge, and punch)- an aggro boosting attack with a 30 second cooldown, miss an attack and you'll lose aggro, resulting a random member death.
Archer Spell: Multi Shot (Use a weight that's twice what you're currenlty using)- Fires 3 separate arrows at 3 separate targets, 15 second cooldown
Melee spell - Sweeping slash ( Step forward into a lunge, and swing in an arc in front of you) This is a sweeping AOE attack that deals 1 blow of damage to up to 10 enemies. 30 second cooldown

Starting stats -

Warrior Stats:
Strength: 7
Speed:2
Agility:1

Ranger Stats
Strength: 4
Speed:3
Agility:3

Monk Stats
Strength: 2
Speed:4
Agility:4

Scout Stats:
Speed:7
Agility:1

Druid Stats:
Speed: 2
Agility: 6

Assassin Stats
Speed:3
Agility:5

Strength: + or - 1 pound for every 100 pounds lifted
Speed: + or - 1 second for every minute run
Agility: + or - 1 sec for every minute held

Whichever brings you closer to your goal.

The equipment section on your character sheet gets left blank for any equipment you acquire during your raid.

Equipment:

Helmet:
Cloak:
Bracers:
Chest:
Pants:
Boots:
Gloves:
Weapon:

Equipment can be traded or destroyed. Just post who you're trading it with or that you're destroying it.

Here goes nothing.... *hits post*

Possible participants so far

DarK_RaideR
Juni0r83
awesomesue
Mr_willes

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Monks Information

Darebee has some fun/interesting workouts... and 25ish that are "martial arts" inspired

http://darebee.com/w...er-workout.html

this one even has a video to show you the moves...

http://darebee.com/w...or-workout.html

as do all of these..

https://www.youtube....zCQUkneU38FeUGg

My first challenge

Subbing.

I had a similar idea I'm still trying to flesh out, so I'll post some ideas later and you can decide if you want to use any of them.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Subbing.

I had a similar idea I'm still trying to flesh out, so I'll post some ideas later and you can decide if you want to use any of them.

Feel free to post em up, and where they would go in my series of posts above, and I'll edit them in there as well as my notebook.

The test raid I'm looking to have an "Anyone can do this" vibe and hopefully get a few parties to do it, with different skill levels and combinations etc...

My first challenge

Us Rangers are pretty diverse which makes creating challenges pretty hard. You want something that as many people as possible can do, don't want to pidgeonhole them into stuff, but at the same time it has to be "ranger specific" if I may use the term. You can check the guild's mini challenge, I've been using that format for a while where everyone sets their own goal across certain areas (strength, speed, endurance etc). Another good idea for inspiration is the Rangers gonna Ranger thread with a lot of activities that, while rangerly in nature, are pretty open to people from other guilds as well.

Hope that helps and good luck with setting this up!

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Us Rangers are pretty diverse which makes creating challenges pretty hard. You want something that as many people as possible can do, don't want to pidgeonhole them into stuff, but at the same time it has to be "ranger specific" if I may use the term. You can check the guild's mini challenge, I've been using that format for a while where everyone sets their own goal across certain areas (strength, speed, endurance etc). Another good idea for inspiration is the Rangers gonna Ranger thread with a lot of activities that, while rangerly in nature, are pretty open to people from other guilds as well.

Hope that helps and good luck with setting this up!

Appreciate it, and yeah, I looked at you guys and the assassins and damn... I'm not sure I can do "Ranger or Assassin" specific, ya'll seem to be the "fill in the hole" classes.

My first challenge

Monks Information

sorry this is kind of rambling

As far as exercises go, I know when i was doing turbo kick box, and p90x... they both have monkish workouts, but dont necessarily take a lot of form. there are things that can be great for cardio... where i do kung fu, we do a "jump round" ever day before we start, that includes things like jumping jacks, then some basic (low) kicks, that are more for just warmup/cardio not for form... 

the legs are more of a scissor jumping (but not as far of a squat) 

then doing jumping jack arms, front/back claps, high knees... then do a series of low kicks (alternating legs between kicks) front kicks, front then angle kicks, front angle side kicks... 

Darebee has some fun/interesting workouts... and 25ish that are "martial arts" inspired

http://darebee.com/workouts/combo-fighter-workout.html

http://darebee.com/workouts/shadow-warrior-workout.html

as do all of these..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXe7DaqwzCQUkneU38FeUGg

Try not, do or do not- Yoda

sorry this is kind of rambling

As far as exercises go, I know when i was doing turbo kick box, and p90x... they both have monkish workouts, but dont necessarily take a lot of form. there are things that can be great for cardio... where i do kung fu, we do a "jump round" ever day before we start, that includes things like jumping jacks, then some basic (low) kicks, that are more for just warmup/cardio not for form... 

the legs are more of a scissor jumping (but not as far of a squat) 

then doing jumping jack arms, front/back claps, high knees... then do a series of low kicks (alternating legs between kicks) front kicks, front then angle kicks, front angle side kicks... 

http://darebee.com/workouts/combo-fighter-workout.html

http://darebee.com/workouts/shadow-warrior-workout.html

as do all of these..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXe7DaqwzCQUkneU38FeUGg

Awesome... thank you. :-D

Looking at the Combo fighter workout, how would you increase the difficulty for a monk? Say I wanted an easy/medium/hard version of that.

My first challenge

The rules at this point, take a look, see if you see any issues, and I'll go from there. I don't want these to be to complex, and as I've said before, I'm going for a WoW style raid where you have a challenge and you have to figure out how to get past it.

Rule set

1. Party of 5, any combination of classes (larger raids in the future)
  2. Battles will be revealed as you progress through them, once the entire raid is completed then it’ll be fully open for you to read and devise plans for. Much like the common video game raids we know.
  3. A battle will consist of tasks that need to be completed for a victory, it could be simply fighting off mobs, or moving boulders. How you complete the task is up to you, in the fighting off mobs example, you can use punches, kicks, sword, axe, whatever. Moving boulders can be farmers walk, firemans carry, prowler push, etc…
  4. All fights have a time constraint, this could be an enrage style timer or dependent on one of the party members. Monsters do get pissed when you poke em enough times…
  5. If someone isn’t able to complete the challenge, then that member dies, and the rest pick up the slack. If the task is to complete 200 punches in 5 minutes and there’s three people punching, and someone “dies†100 punches into it, then the rest must go back and do the fight again, adding in the other players task, So in this case, it would be 300 punches in 5 minutes for the 2 remaining fighters. This is to induce the sense of urgency and dread that you get when party members start falling in a game.
  6. A task being done by a single person, such as tanking, who dies can be absorbed by the party. So someone else takes over tanking, the rest absorb that persons task however they choose. This is also a restart of the fight.
  7. In the case of a party members death, the party will decide if they want to redo the fight, absorbing the tasks of any dead players, so 1 person dies, team goes back and fights, absorbing the dead members task, if another person dies, team goes back and absorbs both members’ tasks. In this case, the party decides if it’s a wipe, or if they want to try again.
  8. If a team wipes, you go back one fight. So if you’re first fight is a dragon, and you get to the second fight, an ogre, and wipe then you go back and fight the dragon again.
  9. Initial raids will be 6 fights, to coincide with the 6 week challenges. If a raid is completed and goes on the “open to all†list, then you can do it whenever you choose.
  10. I would like to test verification for the initial opening of the raid, so everyone would post video of them completing their task. If after the initial release, you all want to work on an honor system, or just have fun with it that’s all good.
  • Like 1

My first challenge

Sounds good, but since I was never really into WoW (nerd cred loss right there) I'm waiting to see an example in operation to make sense of most things

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Sounds good, but since I was never really into WoW (nerd cred loss right there) I'm waiting to see an example in operation to make sense of most things

Lol... No loss in my book, but WoW raids were basically "Here's a challenge, now get past it" You got to choose how to do that, and some raids were very strict on what classes you needed, and some could be run by any group you could get together.

My first challenge

Really really great idea! Excited for this.

If it would be incorporated in the 6 week challenges, I think it would be easier if the roles are not "class" specific but "goal" specific. Since people's goals change every challenge. Some monks go for recovery goals in some challenges, and endurance on some, despite still being affiliated with the monks.

For example, instead of monk, warrior, ranger, assassin, scout, or druid, it could be:

Tank: endurance and strength goals

Healer: recovery, mobility, stretching and all that

DPS: HIT, strength, cross training, MA oriented training, things like that.

This way, the raid fights will be easier to incorporate with the 6 week challenges, and the fun and social part is looking for the party members who are currently going for the goals

Just my opinion of course. :D

Sent from a Jedi Holocron

• Like 4

Level 3

STR 5.25 DEX  3.5 STA 10 CON 6 WIS 4 CHA 0
Cycling challenge

This is a great idea! (Though I won't be taking part, sorry. [emoji22])

Someone messaged me a long time back with the idea of forming a cross-guild challenge, but we never really figured out how to get it off the ground. I've never been into any RPGs so this^^^ is all totally new to me. I really hope this takes off!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk which is a pile of shite

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I like Styx's idea because it's exactly that: cross-guild. No matter what guild everyone rolls with, they have many roles they can pick and ways to contribute. It feels a lot less restricting than having Warriors be the tanks etc etc.

• Like 4

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Really really great idea! Excited for this.

If it would be incorporated in the 6 week challenges, I think it would be easier if the roles are not "class" specific but "goal" specific. Since people's goals change every challenge. Some monks go for recovery goals in some challenges, and endurance on some, despite still being affiliated with the monks.

For example, instead of monk, warrior, ranger, assassin, scout, or druid, it could be:

Tank: endurance and strength goals

Healer: recovery, mobility, stretching and all that

DPS: HIT, strength, cross training, MA oriented training, things like that.

This way, the raid fights will be easier to incorporate with the 6 week challenges, and the fun and social part is looking for the party members who are currently going for the goals

Just my opinion of course. :D

Sent from a Jedi Holocron

It's less that I want people to include them in their challenges and more that 6 seems to be a good start for how many events in a raid. Someone could in theory form a group and for their 6 week challenge participate in one, I would also like to have some that go more than 6, say 12... or if someone is REALLY ambitious 52... :-)

I'm also hoping there's enough variety in that tasks, or in how the tasks could be done, that if you're going for endurance, you can do it one way, if you're going for strength another... but we'll see. It is a concern of mine that I'm gonna keep an eye on, I don't want people to feel locked in.

This is a great idea! (Though I won't be taking part, sorry. [emoji22])

Someone messaged me a long time back with the idea of forming a cross-guild challenge, but we never really figured out how to get it off the ground. I've never been into any RPGs so this^^^ is all totally new to me. I really hope this takes off!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk which is a pile of shite

GUZZI!.... thanks for dropping in.

I like Styx's idea because it's exactly that: cross-guild. No matter what guild everyone rolls with, they have many roles they can pick and ways to contribute. It feels a lot less restricting than having Warriors be the tanks etc etc.

I gonna avoid restricting warriors to tanks, monks to DPS etc... My plan is that the lower the level of the raid, the easier the tasks, thereby anyone can do anything, this first test one will be a good example. The higher you go though, you might need someone that can move 5000 pounds in a short time, thereby a warrior might be preferred for that part, though there would be nothing stopping a ranger, or a monk, or anyone from attempting it, and if they succeed then they have something to brag about. I wouldn't mind seeing this next to the lifting leaderboard in a sense...

I do kind of want to follow WoW raids in that sense...

Though, even with WoW raids, you have fights where the warrior isn't tanking, maybe the rogue is dodge-tanking or the warlock is searing pain tanking. So I could have stuff like that in here,

I do see the concerns, and I do note them, I'm gonna change a lot of variables during the test raid just to see how things run and from there, with the feedback I'll see what I get. This could all just be a horrible terrible no good very bad idea in the end... :-)

• Like 2

My first challenge

This looks like all sorts of awesome. Have my own ideas I am evolving, but will be watching this with keen interest!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir