Raid Challenge Administration Office

This looks like all sorts of awesome. Have my own ideas I am evolving, but will be watching this with keen interest!

Thanks for stopping by, you were mentioned in a list of people to contact as well.. :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

HAHAHAHA.... I just had what I have to admit is a bad ass, absolutely freakin awesome idea... I'm going to hold it in secret but I WILL test the idea out in the test raid.... *waves* Toodles...

and no, it's not related to the post in the suggestions forum...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Love the idea! Will be paying close attention to watch the development :D

Thanks for stopping in... :-)

Also, event 3 is complete, started 4, realized it would make a better event 5, so I moved it and am now working on 4 again. :-)

My first challenge

Sounds like a great idea. This might be just what I need to do to take it up a notch! Thanks for putting this together. I am not a WoW player so I might be bothersome with questions! Do you have a sign up sheet started yet? If I missed it I am sorry.

Not yet, I'm currently designing a test raid. I pretty much have it done, I'm just tweaking it and figuring out how to test the variables I need to test. Basically anyone taking the first test is gonna be a group of sacrificial lambs... :-D

I also need to do the badass, absolutely freakin awesome idea as well. That's in my head, just gotta get it down on paper, though that shouldn't take long. Maybe an afternoon of tweaking.

If you have any questions feel free to ask em here, or you can message me. The more questions I get, the more things I need to think about...

• Like 1

My first challenge

The Order of the Stick has been something similar to do this for a while and this six week challenge is set up like a mini adventure Campaign if anyone wants to join in.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F73564-the-order-of-the-stick-and-the-caves-of-insanity%2F

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Strength:8  Dexterity:8   Constitution:8  Intelligence:6
Wisdom:6  Charisma:7

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

Batroc Challenge Challenge

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

The Order of the Stick has been something similar to do this for a while and this six week challenge is set up like a mini adventure Campaign if anyone wants to join in.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F73564-the-order-of-the-stick-and-the-caves-of-insanity%2F

LOL... you're invading my caves... :-D Am I the end boss?

• Like 1

My first challenge

Lol... No loss in my book, but WoW raids were basically "Here's a challenge, now get past it" You got to choose how to do that, and some raids were very strict on what classes you needed, and some could be run by any group you could get together.

I had a blast in WoW, but we had a pretty tight knit guild for most of the time. We were on the more casual side (at least in time invested in actual raids) of raiding guilds, but we were efficient with the time we had. I'm still facebook friends with a good 8-12 of them. I've had no luck with other MMO's (or even WoW, after people slowly started moving on) because a large part of the enjoyment was just hanging out with those people.

Maeghaan | Assassin

EQ Level 2 | NF Level 4

I started a blog: The Cognitive Itch
"Even in these chains, you can't stop me"

Weight loss goal: Drop from 247 to 160

36%
36%

So this is the finalized ruleset, if you have any questions, please ask, I want to make sure these are clear and understandable.

Rule set

1.      Party of 5, any combination of classes (larger raids in the future)

2.       Events will be revealed as you progress through them, once the entire raid is completed then it’ll be fully open for you to read and devise plans for. Much like the common video game raids we know.

3.      An  event will consist of tasks that need to be completed for a victory, it could be simply fighting off mobs, or moving boulders. How you complete the task is up to you, in the fighting off mobs example, you can use punches, kicks, sword, axe, whatever. Moving boulders can be farmers walk, firemans carry, prowler push, etc…

4.       If someone isn’t able to complete the task, then that member dies, and the rest pick up the slack (the event restarts from the beginning). If the task is to complete 200 punches in 5 minutes and there’s three people punching, and someone “dies†100 punches into it, then the rest must go back and do the fight again, adding in the other players task, So in this case, it would be 300 punches in 5 minutes for the 2 remaining fighters. In a group task, the party dies and it's a wipe

5.       A task being done by a single person, such as tanking, who dies can be absorbed by the party. So someone else takes over tanking, the rest absorb that persons task however they choose. This is also a restart of the fight.

6.       In the case of a party members death, the party will decide if they want to redo the fight, absorbing the tasks of any dead players, so 1 person dies, team goes back and fights, absorbing the dead members task, if another person dies, team goes back and absorbs both members’ tasks. In this case, the party decides if it’s a wipe, or if they want to try again.

7       If a team wipes, you go back one event. So if you have two fights and the first fight is a dragon, and you get to the second fight, an ogre, and wipe then you go back and fight the dragon again.

8       Initial raids will be 6 fights, to coincide with the 6 week challenges. If a raid is completed and goes on the “open to all†list, then you can do it whenever you choose.

9. Confirmation will be videos posted in the parties thread.

10. Weapons: Heavy weapons count as two hits, light weapons count as one hit. Though you can't kill more than one mob with a swing unless you have an ability. Example, you have two mobs that take 1 hit each to kill, both heavy and light weapons will take 2 swings to kill both. If you have 1 mob, that take 2 hits to kill, the heavy weapon will kill that mob in one swing, the light weapon in 2. You can carry more than one weapon.

11. Light weapons are considered weapons you can wield in one hand, but heavy weapons require two. Warhammers are heavy, katanas are light, holding a one hand weapon with 2 hands doesn't make it heavy. Punches and kicks are also light.

12: Raid events will be posted on Mondays beginning with Nov 2, if you've completed your task. Raid resets at 6 weeks, regardless of completion level.

[Optional] = Anyone can CHOOSE to do this task. This can link to a later task, for example and archer climbing to a parapet, they're now an archer for the rest of the event.

[Everyone] = Everyone must complete this task on their own

[Group] = As a group, complete the task or tasks.

[Week Long] = The group has the entire week to complete this

I'm ready to test, and all I need is guinea pigs.... but think less "humane experiments" and more "aperture science" experiments. I'm going to run this along side the 6 week challenge as the first known variable, and there will be at least one 1 week long task. I'd be interested in having at least one group that's been doing the fitness thing for a while, and one group that is pretty new (recruits would be awesome)

I will create the threads so I can place raid info in first post.

I will need team members names, and classes. You don't have to do tasks based on what class you are, this is just for test purposes for the following idea. Spells, classes and equipment.

Tank spell: Thunder Punch (Step forward into a lunge, and punch)- an aggro boosting attack with a 30 second cooldown, miss an attack and you'll lose aggro, resulting a random member death.

Archer Spell: Multi Shot (Use a weight that's twice what you're currenlty using)- Fires 3 separate arrows at 3 separate targets, 15 second cooldown

Melee spell - Sweeping slash ( Step forward into a lunge, and swing in an arc in front of you) This is a sweeping AOE attack that deals 1 blow of damage to up to 10 enemies. 30 second cooldown

Starting stats -

Warrior Stats:

Strength: 7

Speed:2

Agility:1

Ranger Stats

Strength: 4

Speed:3

Agility:3

Monk Stats

Strength: 2

Speed:4

Agility:4

Scout Stats:

Speed:7

Agility:1

Druid Stats:

Speed: 2

Agility: 6

Assassin Stats

Speed:3

Agility:5

Strength: + or - 1 pound for every 100 pounds lifted

Speed: + or - 1 second for every minute run

Agility: + or - 1 sec for every minute held

Whichever brings you closer to your goal.

Equipment:

Helmet:

Cloak:

Bracers:

Chest:

Pants:

Boots:

Gloves:

Weapon:

Equipment can be traded or destroyed. Just post who you're trading it with or that you're destroying it.

Here goes nothing.... *hits post*

My first challenge

you might want to consider making it %bw to gain strength as opposed to every 100lbs. Because just by raw numbers big guys will lift more than smaller girls for instance, but there's every chance the girls will beat the guys in wilks.

Other than that, I'd be willing to give it a go. What does a heavy weapon translate to in the real world?

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

you might want to consider making it %bw to gain strength as opposed to every 100lbs. Because just by raw numbers big guys will lift more than smaller girls for instance, but there's every chance the girls will beat the guys in wilks.

Other than that, I'd be willing to give it a go. What does a heavy weapon translate to in the real world?

How would wilks convert back to a weight? and is there something similar for running?

Heavy weapons would be sledgehammers, them bigass William Wallace swords if you do SCA, or just use a big tree branch as a war club.

My first challenge

I'm down with being the Ranger of the group. Just one question: if a quest isn't [Week Long] how long does it take to complete? I would assume week long quests are something like "lift x total pounds until the end of the week" and standard ones like "do x lifts in 5 minutes". Being in a weird time zone, I just want to be sure you're not thinking of stuff like "do 200 punches in 5 minutes after I post this" :P

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

i don't really have much in the way of answers for you unfortunately, just mentioning a flaw that stood out to me.

And I may need to experiment with stuff to find myself a weapon...

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

I'm down with being the Ranger of the group. Just one question: if a quest isn't [Week Long] how long does it take to complete? I would assume week long quests are something like "lift x total pounds until the end of the week" and standard ones like "do x lifts in 5 minutes". Being in a weird time zone, I just want to be sure you're not thinking of stuff like "do 200 punches in 5 minutes after I post this" :tongue:

Anything else is either in one session, or a time limit. It also isn't something everyone has to do at the same time. Someone can do their session on monday, someone else on tuesday... etc. The only time it becomes important is when someone is setting the time for the rest of the party. I'll add this to the rules... thanks.

i don't really have much in the way of answers for you unfortunately, just mentioning a flaw that stood out to me.

And I may need to experiment with stuff to find myself a weapon...

Yeah, I'll have to think about it. Won't do anything this time around, but maybe I can find something.

My first challenge

LOL... you're invading my caves... :-D Am I the end boss?

you seem more like a wandering monster :)  or random encounter

• Like 1

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Strength:8  Dexterity:8   Constitution:8  Intelligence:6
Wisdom:6  Charisma:7

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

Batroc Challenge Challenge

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

Wait, people use you to hit other people?

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

OK, so it's come to my attention that the video confirmation is a no go for some people. Me, having been a late night last night didn't really think of the obvious solution to my video or no video idea, I'll change it to video will be voluntary.

My first challenge

Video voluntary...than I am in!  In games I usually go for support rolls but lately I have been more stabby and punch happy.  Willing to step in and try to fill in any roll you need to make a group.  :)

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Would like to get two more members for the test party, come one come all....

Test raid is ready, currently looking for vict...uhh test subjects for the first run.

*obligitory bump*

I'll adjust the numbers if we can't get five....

My first challenge

ixk3z3.jpg

Sing me up, if the list is not complete yet.

I'm doing my first videos this week for the rebellion, so that might even happen too. I was glad that the restriction was lifted, though. Been interested in this since you visited the assassins threads!

Done, thanks for joining... :-)

My first challenge