Betaville... the first raid challenge.

That's probably the easiest way to handle it in this case.  There's normally some back-and-forth as we hammer out the details, but play-by-post with a time limit doesn't lend itself well to that.  Either way, you'll have final say on how things work.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

That's probably the easiest way to handle it in this case. There's normally some back-and-forth as we hammer out the details, but play-by-post with a time limit doesn't lend itself well to that. Either way, you'll have final say on how things work.

Edit: Holding off here, gonna try it next event since this week is half done.

I could try that... Could implement it this round if others care to join, I'll let the bodies moved already count towards the total so for each one moved already, do another 20 feet to form up the pyres... Sound fair?

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I can drag the 20 I did for another 20 ft each if that is what is needed.  Let me know.

Just a thought.  The back and forth sounds fun but remember that not everyone is on often enough.  They may see on Sunday they need to do xyz and may not post again or be back on the forums to post what they had done until possibly too late to do more.

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

I can drag the 20 I did for another 20 ft each if that is what is needed.  Let me know.

Just a thought.  The back and forth sounds fun but remember that not everyone is on often enough.  They may see on Sunday they need to do xyz and may not post again or be back on the forums to post what they had done until possibly too late to do more.

Valid point, I'll hold off for this one, that'll lead to testing two functions next round.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

You had enough people interested that you may be able to do a second group that includes some of that stuff.  They would all need to be willing to commit to checking in a lot more often of when following the thread get instant email notification so they can chime in if they choose.

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

The other option (and what I was thinking) is for it to be an individual effort.  So if I come up with the idea, then I'm the only one who has to go above-and-beyond and only the reps I do count for the potential bonus next week.  If other players chose to join in, we could pool the effort, but it wouldn't be required.

Or you could just make a ruling of "you can RP however you want, but it doesn't affect the actual game play/mechanics;" similar to how it doesn't matter what weapon we pick, it's either one-hand, two-hand, or ranged.  It sounds like this is probably the way to go for this run-through.

Also, IMO, a game like this already requires the players to check in fairly regularly (I've been aiming for twice a day, but that's just me).  We haven't had any major challenges yet, but from the examples when Insanity was doing the initial planning, I expect there to be a lot more strategy/division of labor required in the next couple weeks.

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

I like that idea.  Honestly some days I can check in a couple times a day and then there are times where I can not check in for a couple days due to real life.  Making it an optional items that others can join in to possibly add a bonus sounds pretty solid.

It will be interesting to see how the strategy plays out for some of the challenges.  In such cases I am sure if we can go in with even a little bonus it could make a big difference.

Disappeared due to a minor injury, made it back to a workout today. I'm not sure if a contribution is still of any value or whether the goal has been completed but just for the record I snatched (6*35kg)+(6*3*40kg)+(6*3*45kg) today.

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Disappeared due to a minor injury, made it back to a workout today. I'm not sure if a contribution is still of any value or whether the goal has been completed but just for the record I snatched (6*35kg)+(6*3*40kg)+(6*3*45kg) today.

You all are at 4 walls repaired and 20 bodies moved, you have 42 reps here so another 8 reps will repair the last wall.

That leaves 130 bodies left inside the walls.

The nights get dark in these lands, and disease sets in fast.

My first challenge

You all are at 4 walls repaired and 20 bodies moved, you have 42 reps here so another 8 reps will repair the last wall.

That leaves 130 bodies left inside the walls.

The nights get dark in these lands, and disease sets in fast.

That would be my task tonight. Was going to be this morning but it didn't work out.

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

Okay, 8 kb swings to fix the last wall.

And 120 bodies shifted (30 farmers walks, 15kg in each hand for two bodies at a time, 15 sled drags with 60kg for 4 bodies at a time). And I'd like to point out right now, I have precisely zero conditioning so that hurt.

• Like 2

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Okay, 8 kb swings to fix the last wall.

And 120 bodies shifted (30 farmers walks, 15kg in each hand for two bodies at a time, 15 sled drags with 60kg for 4 bodies at a time). And I'd like to point out right now, I have precisely zero conditioning so that hurt.

Okay, math was wrong. Hate kg to lbs crappiness.

I still have 34 bodies to move. Yeah, I feel crushed right now. I'll have to get them done sometime after I drag my ass out of bed.

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior

Okay, last 34 bodies shifted. Seriously, 120 bodies, I'm wiped out now. Give me a couple of days to recover.

*Applauds*....great job!  I would give you a hearty slap on the back but I am guessing you are sore.

All bodies moved and all walls repaired.

• Like 1

Damn dude you rocked it... the good news is you can take all week to recover, and as soon as I get back to my computer ya'll will have some choices to make... :-)

• Like 1

My first challenge

So as you all helped clear up the bodies and walls, a small task force was assigned to scavenge whatever usable equipment they could find on the dead. After outfitting their army with upgrades, they've left the leftovers to you all as a thank you for the assistance. As you look through the pile, this is what you find available.

4 Helmets: Strength:   1     4     2     4 

Speed:      3     2     4     2   

Agility:       2     2     5     1  

4 Cloaks: Strength:   4     5     3     5

Speed:      4     5     3     2

Agility:       5     5     5     3

3 Bracers: Strength:   1     3      4

Speed:       5     1     3

Agility:        4     3     3

1 Chest:    Strength:    4 

Speed:       5

Agility:        3

5 Pants:   Strength:   3     5     3     1     2

Speed:      2     1     2     2     5

Agility:       2     3      3     3     1

3 Boots:  Strength:   2     5     3   

Speed:      2     3     3   

Agility:       2     2     2     

1 Gloves: Strength:   1

Speed:      2

Agility:       5

2 Weapon: Strength:   5     2

Speed:      5     3

Agility:       5     5 

• Like 1

My first challenge

Okay, last 34 bodies shifted. Seriously, 120 bodies, I'm wiped out now. Give me a couple of days to recover.

Damn dude, some impressive work there. Well done.

I'm going balanced gear-wise myself. Probably gonna pass on the rare items (Chest, Gloves, Weapons etc) as I feel I underperformed so far and haven't quite earned that as opposed to my fellow party members.

Speaking of that, how exactly do we divide the loot? Bartering/Negotiating among ourselves can take a lot of time and posts

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Game for dividing up loot however.  It is rare when on a team that if I get something better suited or more helpful to another player that I would  not just give it to them.  So I am leaning towards whatever balances the team/players.  But if you have two people that can use the same weapon and one is a bit better/rare then give that to the player that did a little better maybe.  If someone wants to be in charge of handing out to save posts and time I am cool with that.  I will work whatever I get.  ;)

Speaking of that, how exactly do we divide the loot? Bartering/Negotiating among ourselves can take a lot of time and posts

Part of the test... :-) Remember though that gear can be traded, it's not attached to you once you pick it up.

My first challenge

Well, I put together a spreadsheet with my suggested gear distributions, but now my work computer won't let me post the link...

Just to clarify a little: in my experience, we can try to balance the party, so everyone is about equal at any given task and whoever has the time does the job.  Or we can Min/Max and essentially double-down on our class stats (IE Juni0r gets the best strength gear, so next time we need to move weight, he doesn't have to carry as much; Sue gets the best speed gear and becomes our dedicated messenger; I get the agility gear for... whatever holds become good for :playful:; D_R and Willes stay fairly balanced so they can fill in wherever help is needed).

Either way, we probably want to keep the party itself balanced.  Just because you've been short on time, doesn't mean you won't be the only one who has time next week.  And better gear will help reduce the time requirements to participate.

• Like 1