Hello Everyone,

I've been reading NFs Blog for around a year now, and since I need my first respawn since I started exercising I'm here now. I hope to find new nice contacts here, also maybe a group to motivate me and to keep the goals I'm aiming for more binding.

So about me:

My Name is Schaengel and I'm living in Koblenz, Germany (that's around 1h away from Bonn (former German capitol) and 1h away from Frankfurt).

I'm doing sports all my live but since you can't outrun your fork I always have had some pounds more than I  like.

Last year I turned my eating upside down and lost around 65pounds (hope I'm translating that right).

Since I have been falling back into bad eating and skipping exercise I'm starting over this time with  more Nerd Fitness Help I hope.

At the moment I'm already doing climbing, kick-boxing and running and trying to meditate on daily basis (with poor result so far).

I'm mainly looking to improve my cooking/eating here but would also like to get some things going that I am putting off for quite some time (picking up parcour, play/learn guitar(on hold till april)).

Yeah so here I am hoping for some new companions :D

My First Challenge, Yeah: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/76499-hey-ho-finally-lets-go/#entry1755246

• Like 3

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)

Well, I'm only reading this now, shame on me, but welcome to the Rebellion!!!

Und großartig zu sehen, dass es andere "Rheinländer" hier bei Nerd Fitness gibt ;)

I like your goals and If you're planing on doing a 6 week challenge, don't forget to tell us!

Lets do this!

Beren Calanor

Human Ranger - Level 1

STR 1,5|DEX 0,75|CON 2|STA 1,5|WIS 2|CHA 1

Challenge: 1 2

Character

:ph34r:"I have heard it from the mouths of the Edema Ruh, so I know it to be true." :ph34r:

Hello and welcome. I wish you success in reaching your goals. I just joined NF myself because I felt like I had come to a standstill in fitness progress. This community is amazing and I'm sure you will find what you need here.

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Thanks everyone for the nice replies :)

I wasn't visiting the forums the last month because of other duties (all that christmas and family stuff) but now I#m back and motivated more than ever ;)

Next thing on my List at the moment is:

- Update this thread, add more Information and make it more appealing to read

- Rock my first 4 week Challenge

- work more on establishing and cultivating contacts (I "found out" thats not as easy as it seems :I )

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Thanks everyone for the nice replies :)

I wasn't visiting the forums the last month because of other duties (all that christmas and family stuff) but now I#m back and motivated more than ever ;)

Next thing on my List at the moment is:

- Update this thread, add more Information and make it more appealing to read

- Rock my first 4 week Challenge

- work more on establishing and cultivating contacts (I "found out" thats not as easy as it seems :I )

Consider yourself contacted. ;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

Consider yourself contacted. ;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Haha, yeah I know posts like that one can be irresistible :D

enhanced-32084-1396279470-1.jpg

Okay I consider it :)

Think I will need some more time to get to know my way around here (How do I do stuff?? And are here any "rules" here...with all the threads it's still a little confusing...)

Hello! Welcome to the rebellion!

That's quite a list of projects you have there! I would recommend focusing on one or two things at first. If you try to change too many things at once, it's very easy to get discouraged about one thing and have the whole project collapse. Choose which of your goals are most important to you, and work on them until you have built the habit.

Here is Steve's guide to habit building.

The forums can be a bit confusing at first, but that's ok! You don't need to worry about the guilds and challenges when you're just starting (unless you want to, of course.). There are F.A.Q.s for most subsections, so go ahead and read those, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

If you need anything else, you only need to ask. 

Cheers! :)

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Hey Basement Cat,

thanks for the tips, especially the article I probably need to read like once all 3 month to stay focused.

Your right I still have a lot of goals to achieve (wouldn't be fun without goals would it? :D) I really need to update and structure my thread here soon so that long time, "would be good to be done someday" goals like learning guitar and goals I'm actually working on are better structured.

At the moment I'm just focusing on the 4week-challenge and my exams (I'm not a fan of them, binge learning stuff to forget it after the exam seems like a waste every exam but luckily these are practically the last exams like that :) )

Actually I would like to know, where conversations are normally held here (since I don't want to spam or annoy people). My "problem" is that there normally are at least 3-4 threads (2people with general and challenge thread each) + the pm-function. So is there like a general understanding of which thread or pm you use for what (when your communicating with the same person)...(Woah now that I read this this sounds so typical German...I'm kinda shocked by myself XD)

Well, there are subforums for various types of exercises (martial arts, bodyweight, hiking, etc.), there's one for nutrition, and of course there is the Pub or off-topic forum where you can talk about anything.

The section we are in now is for introductions. If you want to keep track of your progress over the long term, I suggest you head to the Daily Battle Logs section. There you can create a thread to keep note of your progress and chat with your friends.

PMs work much like on any other forum, for a private discussion between two people. If you have a question you want to ask a particular person without posting on a thread for some reason, just send them a PM. Most people will be glad to answer your questions.

Browse the forums. Take your time. You'll find what you need. And if you have trouble finding some info, just PM me, and I'll point you in the right direction. :)

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Haha, yeah I know posts like that one can be irresistible :D

enhanced-32084-1396279470-1.jpg

Okay I consider it :)

Think I will need some more time to get to know my way around here (How do I do stuff?? And are here any "rules" here...with all the threads it's still a little confusing...)

Hi! Looks like Basement Cat beat me to the reply. Sorry. :(

One thing I don't think was mentioned is that each forum you go into has a search box to the right and close to the top. You can type search criteria in the box instead of looking through every post.

Also, if a person has tags attached to their posts; you can click on those and it will bring up other posts related to that tag.

If you have any other questions that I missed or need answering; feel free to pm me. :)

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

Hello :)

Cool to meet someone here who knows Koblenz. Did you like it when you visited? :)

I think the title of my thread is something that I need to remind myself about every day, so fitting for a title :D

Cool to meet someone here who knows Koblenz. Did you like it when you visited? :)

I did! My German skills are lacking right now, but when I visited, I got around just fine. Very nice place!

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: thekatisalie is back :: no seriously this time

MyFitnessPal || Strava || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay