My Story Continued:

A year and a half has gone by since the rebels of Nerd Fitness last saw my face (posts), but I have returned.

When you last saw me, I was returning to a better place after 4 months in a dangerous world. I was positive. Making strides to improve nourishment in life: mentally, physically, emotionally. But there was a darkness on the horizon, an evil yet to be determined (diagnosed).

The darkness is now clear. The evil had a year to take it's toll on my body and mind. Then a year more to ravage my inner being. I feel myself breaking, but I will not give in. This is my last push to fight back and become the assassin I truly am.

I have new obstacles to manage, new reasons to fight, and more to work for than ever before. So here is my quest.

Full Story:

So, I am coming back to Nerd Fitness. Last time I was here I was doing well but was in the process of being diagnosed with endometriosis. Turns out I had a 15lb cyst growing on an ovary which led to getting a pregnancy like belly. This put pressure on different organs and things which caused pain during working out so I had to stop in order to make sure I didn't rupture anything by accident. Had surgery, started a special birth-control like pill to stop cyst regrowth, meds gave me weight gain and mood swings (not nice). At follow-up with doc a year later we decided that I should try no meds for a while to see if I can get my mind and body back on track WITHOUT the cyst growing again. Deadline to find out if I can do it: January 15th, 2016 = ultrasound day.

Good news is I am out of the stressful job I had and into the one I liked. I am full time now (I get vacations and sick days!) and on a great career trajectory. I also started blogging. It is a craft and food blog though I truly considered doing a gaming vlog channel instead! My husband and I moved into a larger, nicer home and no longer have a roommate. We are getting married in the new year though we are already commonlaw.

So why am I back? Because I need to write my plans somewhere other than a notepad. I need to be held accountable so that I can get consistent. Consistency is my downfall especially with the busy life I try to lead (not well). So here is my plan/quest.

The Return of Emlily

Main Goal: Return to post surgery state by January 2016

Food Goal #1: Eat 5 servings of fruits or vegetables a day

Fitness Goal #1: Walk 5000 steps a day (tracked with my Fitbit or other device)

Life Goal #1: Keep one room in the house to my peak standard

*The food, fitness, and life goals must be kept for 30 days straight. Once this happens I will award myself points equal to 10 times the number of goal they are. Once I max out the bar below, I level up. My own take on the RPG system.

Level 1

0%
0%

Food Goal #1: 5 Servings of Fruits/Veg for 30 Days

13%
13%

Fitness Goal #1: 5000 Steps for 30 Days

3%
3%

Life Goal #1: Keep a Room in Peak Shape for 30 Days

3%
3%

Stats (Current / Goal):

210lbs / 195lbs

Size 16 / Size 14

I plan on posting pictures soon. You can see some from pre/post surgery on my blog (over a year old now).

Again, because my busy life I just don't know how often I will be posting. When I first started on Nerd Fitness back in 2012 I spent more time here than actually changing my habits and I don't want to fall into that trap again. So 2x is what I am planning on.

• Like 1

Level 1

0%
0%

13%
13%

3%
3%

3%
3%

Thanks Liberator. I have never known much about how the body works and I just find it amazing how interconnected things are. Now that I have to manage hormones a bit better that linkages are revealing themselves. 

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Level 1

0%
0%

13%
13%

3%
3%

3%
3%

Okay. 4 days later (3 full days) and what has happened.

Friday: All good. Hit all the goals. 8000 steps. 2 apples for breakfast, potluck at work so I made sure to grab veggies, then steak with roasted pepper for dinner. 4-5 bottles of water.

Saturday: Bad. Bad. Bad. Literally bed bound due to endo pain. I knew it would come soonish, but it sucks no matter what. Managed the fruits and water still. Mainly because everything else makes me feel like crap on days like this.

Sunday: Remnant pain from Saturday but better. Forgot to wear my fitbit but I definitely did NOT do 5000 steps as I still stayed mostly bed bound. Fruits and water goals met.

Today: Much better. Pain has mostly gone. Drank 6 bottles today, just felt thirsty. At 7000 steps right now and will be doing some walking in the house in a sec. Fruits/Veg no problem as I had 2 apples for breakfast and a veggie soup for lunch again. Tomorrow might be difficult as I haven't shopped for groceries this week and am going out for lunch. Good thing is that I am dining with a health nut so maybe that will keep me on track.

Level 1

0%
0%

13%
13%

3%
3%

3%
3%

Haha, just realized I didn't make drinking water a goal. I decided I was doing well enough already. Other goal to report on was keeping a room tidy. I did start. That is actually what I have been doing tonight. Counting it as a day towards the 30. Not peak but made major headway to where I want it to be.

Level 1

0%
0%

13%
13%

3%
3%

3%
3%

In the past 6 days I met all my goals though I decided to edit the room cleaning one. It will now be "Clean any room at least once a day for 30 days". It just makes more sense than repeatedly doing one room right now.

For the fruit and veggie goal, things are going really well. I have been having 1-2 servings of raw fruit for breakfast. I've made veggie swaps at meal times like using spaghetti squash instead of grains or beans and mushrooms instead of meat. I think the next goal will be decrease snacks because thise are the times I could easily grab a fruit but haven't been.

For steps, I've been JUST hitting 5k a day. Whichbis sad cause I used to do 10k consistently but I'll get back up there. Been walking down the stairs at work (17 flights) and would walk up but it you cannot in my building (it's complicated). I've also been pacing the house while commercials are on and that helps a bit. Need to get back running though. Took an unintended break in October and never started again.

And that's that.

Level 1

0%
0%

13%
13%

3%
3%

3%