Take that, Sabertooth!

Hey all! Long time reader of NF here, but I can't believe it's been over two years since I posted in the forums.  :numbness:

I broke a PR for the barbell bench press yesterday. I've been lifting or doing other strength training on a fairly consistent basis for the past few years, but the bench has always been the Sabertooth to my Wolverine. That relentless, hated foe that always manages to defeat you despite your best efforts. I knew the hurdle was far more mental than physical. I was scared of getting stuck under the bar, possibly hurting myself and definitely looking like an idiot. :playful:

The past weeks I've been lifting heavy with my roommate and we've been encouraging each other to break through our limits. Yesterday night we decided to try some 1RMs. I had recently beat a previous PR of 185lb with a 200lb lift for three reps. It was time to take it to the next level. I loaded the bar with double 45s on each end. I lowered it down to my chest, and with a primal roar, pushed it up. Take that, Sabertooth.

TL;DR You can do anything you set your mind to with the right discipline, patience, and a little help from your friends. My next goal is to bench 300lb by next year!

• Like 2

There is no emotion, there is peace

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge

There is no passion, there is serenity

There is no death, there is the Force

---From the Jedi Code