Glad to have found this.....

Hey guys and gals!

Found out about this community after viewing the vid of of Camp Nerd Fitness on one of my friends Facebook posts.    I've been a life long fitness enthusiast, but lost my way the past 5 years..  I had gotten all the way up to 215 at 5'6 without a shred of my formerly present muscle.     That was until last April, when I was "woken up" by a friend I hadn't seen in awhile.  Got myself back in shape, and am currently awaiting my test results for my personal trainer certification.   A bit of my fitness and "Nerd" resume....   

- Charter member of the NY Jedi lightsaber enthusiast performance group (Retired, now living in PA).   

- Avid video gamer    Picking up Battle Front today!!!!

- At one time musical theater major...    (Yep..   I can tap dance)

-  Black Belts in Kung Fu and Karate

- Aspiring competitor in NPC 'Physique" class..   

- Oh yeah...   Veteran of the USMC...   

I'm totally looking forward to getting to know some new peeps, and chat about fitness and  geekery.    Here to learn and also offer what I can.  

:positive:

Welcome, and thanks for your service! Where in PA are you?

I really need to get a next gen system. PS4 probably, really need it for when FF7 remake comes out.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Thank You, glad to have done my part!

I am in Boothwyn, right over the Commodore Barry. (That area 5 minutes between Jersey or Delaware)    I game on the PS4....    i was a long time Xboxer, and finally made the switch. IMO, the exclusives are better.   I don't regret it one bit.  :)

Thank You, glad to have done my part!

I am in Boothwyn, right over the Commodore Barry. (That area 5 minutes between Jersey or Delaware)    I game on the PS4....    i was a long time Xboxer, and finally made the switch. IMO, the exclusives are better.   I don't regret it one bit.   :)

Yeah, I've been an xboxer for the last 10 years, and the exclusives are the reason I'm jumping.

I grew up in Collingdale and most of my family is still there, very familiar with the area. My dad is very active in veteran affairs up there since that applies to this convo. I'm down in Newark, DE myself now.

Any idea where you're gonna work as a trainer?

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Cool!     I actually grew up in Jersey, and lived there the majority of my life outside my time in the military.    I actually still work in New Jersey, so I've been looking into gyms in both PA and NJ.   Its mostly been informative, as I don't have my paper work back yet.   I wanted to make sure I had all my ducks in a row, before I got too serious.   Its funny I have memberships at clubs in both states, I never know how my schedule for the day is going to play out.    :)

Ever been to Iron Sport in Glenolden? My favorite place for powerlifting in the county.

500 / 330 / 625

I will have to check it out!    I was at Anytime Fitness the past 2 years.  I just recently moved on to LA Fitness for my Jersey gym, and Planet Fitness as my PA backup.   Mainly cause its cheap.   LOL...     I do enjoy trying out different clubs, and see what they have to offer.   I like to experience different types of atmosphere.   Keeps it fresh.   :)