On finishing touches and intellectual crushes. . .

Once upon a time there was a girl who thought she would be a ballerina.  She went to classes, worked hard, practiced being en pointe until her feet cramped, and (best of all) dressed up in tutus and danced in recitals.  One day, after ten years of practice, ten years of hard work, ten years of tulle, she realized that no one who was already 5'8" at 15 years old was ever going to be a ballerina, so she decided to focus on academics and be a glamazon instead.  It's easy to be a glamazon when you're tall.  The girl pursued a staid education and went to work in a conservative field, but found that life kind of sucks if you can't dress up and have fun once in a while.  Thus she got back into dance and joined an american tribal style bellydance troupe. 

As with all good things, that ended and the girl waffled around playing with weight machines in the gym and running the odd 5K and climbing up tall rocks, but never really found a "troupe" that let her inner drag queen out to play. 

post-46409-0-87425000-1448049173_thumb.j

One day whilst putzing around on paleo sites on the internet, she was redirected to NF, and spent an embarrassing amount of time clicking around reading articles and trying not to LOL at work (Bad girl!  No cookies!) "Here," she thought, "might be where I find my troupe again."  And so she's trying to connect with people who can share the joys of playing dress-up sometimes.  People who appreciate smart-assedness.  People who understand going fangirl on Neil deGrasse Tyson.  People who are trying to level up their lives.

She also thinks we should lobby for a glamazon guild.  :)

post-46409-0-98091800-1448049833_thumb.j

Amazon || Assassin

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started." - Samuel Langhorne Clemens

Well, this girl is envious of your height, since it's a bit harder to be a glamazon when you're barely 5'2". This girl is also really curious if your fangirling over Neil deGrasse Tyson is at all related to the "conservative field" you work in, since said girl is a bit of a self-taught science nerd.

I hope you find your troupe here!

Level 1 Imp, Aspiring Warrior / Assassin

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 0 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

My first challenge

@aquacogi - I actually work in law, but have an unnatural affection for all things astronomy and sci-fi, and am geeky enough to be friends with the librarian at the National Solar Observatory in Tucson if that tells you anything.  As to being a glamazon. . . . I think it's 80% attitude, so you can still qualify.  :)

Amazon || Assassin

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started." - Samuel Langhorne Clemens