I guess my final paper won't count as fiction (as it's the only thing I've been working on lately) so I'm going to introduce one of my original characters in an Inheritence Cycle fan fiction (hopefully that counts):

X is one of the two daughters of a fallen evil king, who was born and raised in exile with her sister, Y. They both use dark magic and violence to defend themselves as they grew up, but X still had some goodness in her while her sister has turned pure evil. She helps her stole a dragon egg, which would be forced to hatch for Y using magic and make her a Dragon Rider, but then X betrays her and decides to take the egg back to where it belongs. While she smuggles it out of the castle, the egg willingly hatches for X. After that, she spends her days running from Y and her allies. She is a talented in both magic and swordsmanship, and uses her powers to prove she's more honorable than the rest of her family. However, she sometimes gets too proud and often has trouble expressing her feelings because of that.

Edit: Replaced the names with X and Y, because I'll use different names for a more polished version of the story.

• Like 4

My protagonist in the novel I'm revising and its sequel, which is currently in the early first draft phase:

Poppy is nearly seventeen and the only child of a single mom. Short and chubby, she loves to run even though she's the slowest girl on her school's cross-country team. She likes to people-watch and makes up names for the strangers she sees frequently. She's curious to a fault and tends to act first and worry about the consequences later.

• Like 3

only what you take with you

Challenges: Starstuff Wars Episode I, II, III, IV, V, VI  

NF character ~ Fitbit ~ Strava ~ Smashrun ~ MyFitnessPal

Food Log

Well, I managed to write this:

Victoria is the heir of King Leon and the departed Queen Catherine.
A formidable opponent with a sword in her hands she finds human relations a struggle which is why she allows her handmaiden Caterina to deal with most of that.
She is struggling to win the approval of her father and the citizens of her country as she attempts to fight off an invasion by Solmonde who are trying to wipe Magi from the Lightning Isles. Victoria understands that, she's not fond of Magi either, but the war started when she helped Solmonde enact magi-stripping laws for criminals and Victoria must learn to do her duty to her country first and her own desires second.
  • Like 5

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

This is exciting, everyone's got some really fun stuff going on!

• Like 4

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

I'd like to join in. I'm a writer who has tons of ideas, but finds it almost impossible to make something out of those ideas. I attempted NaNoWriMo last year, but ended up dropping out.

Great to have you zeroh!

Do you write your ideas down? Have you thought about mashing together some of these ideas and seeing if you've created a plot? Anything of your ideas that you would like to share with the group?

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Great to have you zeroh!

Do you write your ideas down? Have you thought about mashing together some of these ideas and seeing if you've created a plot? Anything of your ideas that you would like to share with the group?

Thanks!

The overwhelming majority of my ideas are plot ideas. I have them written all over the place.

I have one that's a horror story about a small town where a girl was sent to a mental institution after she told people she was being attacked by monsters (everyone believes they were hallucinations), and when she returns years later intent on revenge, monsters show up and wreck havoc on the place.

There's another where one of the founders of a cult is writing his memoirs that, if published, would reveal that it had been a con started as a get rich quick scheme, but then as it grew and balloned out of their control, they started believing in their own lies.

My last NaNo attempt was a fantasy story set in a kingdom that was in an uneasy truce following a civil war, where the main plot follows a transman who is searching for the components to a spell that will transform his body to the right sex, but of course the search keeps getting derailed as the truce starts falling apart.

• Like 5

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Thanks!

The overwhelming majority of my ideas are plot ideas. I have them written all over the place.

I have one that's a horror story about a small town where a girl was sent to a mental institution after she told people she was being attacked by monsters (everyone believes they were hallucinations), and when she returns years later intent on revenge, monsters show up and wreck havoc on the place.

There's another where one of the founders of a cult is writing his memoirs that, if published, would reveal that it had been a con started as a get rich quick scheme, but then as it grew and balloned out of their control, they started believing in their own lies.

My last NaNo attempt was a fantasy story set in a kingdom that was in an uneasy truce following a civil war, where the main plot follows a transman who is searching for the components to a spell that will transform his body to the right sex, but of course the search keeps getting derailed as the truce starts falling apart.

So very interesting themes here Zeroh, just curious have you thought what components the Transman is looking for? Maybe Duel nature ingredients? 

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Hi, my name is Phytomancer. I'm a part time writer. I finished a couple novels and short stories to attend some competitions. I've never won yet, but that hasn't stopped me from trying and improving myself.

Mostly, I write urban fantasy/ modern mythology. I am fascinated with how folklore and mysticism survives modern technology. My strength is in research and details, but I have problem moving stories beyond 10,000-20,000 words. They're always stuck there. 

That was the introduction part. Now, here's a paragraph from I work I did for a 'Secret Santa' activity. That's for 1500 words, and I write mostly in short, snappy paragraphs unless it's for setting a scene. :)

“You don’t look like Taylor Swift,†Chen replied. “Taylor Swift lives in a concert trailer truck in the US, and she’s a human woman. You are a wreath in a factory twenty minutes off Beijing.â€

• Like 7

Hi, my name is Phytomancer. I'm a part time writer. I finished a couple novels and short stories to attend some competitions. I've never won yet, but that hasn't stopped me from trying and improving myself.

Great having you with our little group Phytomancer! I must admit your "snappy" little style sure has me interested!

“You don’t look like Taylor Swift,†Chen replied. “Taylor Swift lives in a concert trailer truck in the US, and she’s a human woman. You are a wreath in a factory twenty minutes off Beijing.â€

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

So very interesting themes here Zeroh, just curious have you thought what components the Transman is looking for? Maybe Duel nature ingredients? 

I'm don't know what you mean by duel nature ingredients.

I did, however, write the part where Andre and his friends learn what the components are:

"Here we go... I need troll fat, the seeds of the devil blossom flower, the... what is that..." Cherno holds the book close, squinting at the page.

Andre clears his throat, pointing to a pair of glasses sitting on a small table. Cherno tries to hide a blush as they put the glasses on. "Right, then." They look back at the pages and mutter something that doesn't sound like the common tongue. "I believe that translates to... dragon heart." Cherno puts the book down. "There are a few other little components required, but I'll be able to easily get those on my own."

"Please tell me dragon heart is a plant."

"Nope, it means the heart of a dragon!"

"Dragons are extinct."

"I never said this would be easy."

• Like 3

I have a suggestion for our weekly challenges, if you guys are interested.

We [i'm bulging my anime eyes at you, Pete,] can come up with two-three keywords or a theme. Then we give ourselves only and absolutely thirty minutes to write about the theme. After that, we share it here.

Our first theme could be what Kilyra suggested: the author slipping into the world they built and have an interaction with a main character they're working with. Or it can be anything else.

Let me know what you guys think!! 

• Like 3

Pixar story artist Emma Coats tweeted some things she learned from other Pixar people. It's really a powerful list for any writer. I just about guarantee applying it will make any story stronger.

"Here we go... I need troll fat, the seeds of the devil blossom flower, the... what is that..." Cherno holds the book close, squinting at the page.

Andre clears his throat, pointing to a pair of glasses sitting on a small table. Cherno tries to hide a blush as they put the glasses on. "Right, then." They look back at the pages and mutter something that doesn't sound like the common tongue. "I believe that translates to... dragon heart." Cherno puts the book down. "There are a few other little components required, but I'll be able to easily get those on my own."

"Please tell me dragon heart is a plant."

"Nope, it means the heart of a dragon!"

"Dragons are extinct."

"I never said this would be easy."

I hope you'll both be willing to share more of these stories later - you can't leave me hanging on lines like that!

I have a suggestion for our weekly challenges, if you guys are interested.

We [i'm bulging my anime eyes at you, Pete,] can come up with two-three keywords or a theme. Then we give ourselves only and absolutely thirty minutes to write about the theme. After that, we share it here.

Our first theme could be what Kilyra suggested: the author slipping into the world they built and have an interaction with a main character they're working with. Or it can be anything else.

Let me know what you guys think!!

I'd be up for a challenge like that.  :)

• Like 4

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2
STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2
NF Character Profile: RMDC
Challenge: Current - PKMN Journey, Part 1

Previous: 1

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
Wheat products restricted to 3/wk (this week's slots: {*} - {*} - { } )
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%
Interval walking, four total hours

36%
36%

I almost posted here before, but spooked and got out of dodge before hitting 'post'. Card-Carrying Coward, am I.

Ahem. My penname for all things writerly is Rowana Renee, in case there are any fanfiction readers here who happen to share fandoms with me.

As for what I write...mostly novels and fanfiction, but I also do short stories and poetry. My main genre, as far as the novels are concerned, leans toward fantasy, and my current projects are heavily influenced by fairytales (Rumpelstiltskin mixed with Goldilocks, Sleeping Beauty, Little Red Riding Hood, and Bluebeard, anyone? No?) but I also have some that seem to dabble in science fiction...I think. It might not count as sci-fi, actually. :playful: And juuust a few outside that category. (One about an elderly man who comes across a dangerous lottery ticket while in search of his long lost wife, and who bribes a young con artist to help with the search)

My projects this month are a novel called Threads of Gold and a fanfiction, The Flame that Doesn't Die.  The novel is essentially a re-telling of The Miller's Daughter (fairytale, and not the Once Upon a Time version) and is the first part of a prequel trilogy to six of my other stories. Draft Zero was done during NaNoWriMo, so this is the official first draft. Flame, meanwhile, is a BBC Musketeers fanfiction, a modern AU involving a housefire and suspected murder.

• Like 7

Matthew 25:34-40

I hope you'll both be willing to share more of these stories later - you can't leave me hanging on lines like that

Truth be told, the majority of what is written flies its NaNo colors well. Unfortunatly, novel writing isn't my forte, I'm more of a script writing person. It'll need some love before it's let out. I also only got about 11,000 words in. I need to sit down and do some real outlining and planning before I take a stab at this story again.

• Like 4

I almost posted here before, but spooked and got out of dodge before hitting 'post'. Card-Carrying Coward, am I.

Ahem. My penname for all things writerly is Rowana Renee, in case there are any fanfiction readers here who happen to share fandoms with me.

As for what I write...mostly novels and fanfiction, but I also do short stories and poetry. My main genre, as far as the novels are concerned, leans toward fantasy, and my current projects are heavily influenced by fairytales (Rumpelstiltskin mixed with Goldilocks, Sleeping Beauty, Little Red Riding Hood, and Bluebeard, anyone? No?) but I also have some that seem to dabble in science fiction...I think. It might not count as sci-fi, actually. :playful: And juuust a few outside that category. (One about an elderly man who comes across a dangerous lottery ticket while in search of his long lost wife, and who bribes a young con artist to help with the search)

My projects this month are a novel called Threads of Gold and a fanfiction, The Flame that Doesn't Die.  The novel is essentially a re-telling of The Miller's Daughter (fairytale, and not the Once Upon a Time version) and is the first part of a prequel trilogy to six of my other stories. Draft Zero was done during NaNoWriMo, so this is the official first draft. Flame, meanwhile, is a BBC Musketeers fanfiction, a modern AU involving a housefire and suspected murder.

Welcome to the group Miaulin, we're happy to have you here. I've never written any fanfic myself though it does seem that numerous people do and enjoy it greatly!

I love stories influenced by fairy tales, they offer so many facets to the human condition. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

January 4 - 29, 2016 Challenge Week 3 mini-challenge

(Take part or not, just a little bit of fun. I think it goes without saying that being polite and respectful is expected.)

The challenge this week is to either...

A. Write a short paragraph or two on the interaction of between yourself and the protagonist of a story you are working on/completed. Think of it as the artist meeting their creation.

OR

B. Show us your writing zone (if you have one).

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

January 4 - 29, 2016 Challenge Week 3 mini-challenge

B. Show us your writing zone (if you have one).

This is where I do the majority of my "formal" writing, taking the rough notes and chicken scratches and turning them into complete sentences <g> It's just a little nook off my kitchen but allows me to keep everything in one place.

Writing Zone 1

Writing Zone 2

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

That's a cozy nook, and I love the decorations. :)

• Like 1

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2
STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2
NF Character Profile: RMDC
Challenge: Current - PKMN Journey, Part 1

Previous: 1

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
Wheat products restricted to 3/wk (this week's slots: {*} - {*} - { } )
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%
Interval walking, four total hours

36%
36%

The computer I do most of my writing on crapped out. Again. Stupid tablet hybrids are so delicate. At least I got the extended warranty on this one and it doesn't expire until April. Unfortunately, as much as I'd love to write a scene between me and Sov, I think I'll have to stick with a pic of my 'work space,' such as it is.

12625749_10104941887335047_1393889814_n.

As you can see, I'm not the most orderly or organized person, but it works. :P

• Like 4

Lv 1 Wood Elf, 

A New Beginning C1:  A Rough Start, b=But Still a Start

Lv 7 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 15 | DEX: 8 | STA: 12 | CON: 11 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 12

Oh, as an idea for a weekly challenge, how about an original poem? Any style/format/subject/whatever, just some original piece of non-prose work?

• Like 2

Lv 1 Wood Elf, 

A New Beginning C1:  A Rough Start, b=But Still a Start

Lv 7 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 15 | DEX: 8 | STA: 12 | CON: 11 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 12

As a semi-retired musician and songwriter that's right up my alley

I always imagined myself to be an illustrator, but failing to find suitable text to bring to life [my manager was a bigger hack than I was], I started writing my own work to make pictures for, or vice versa - much like my idols, Edward Gorey & Dr Seuss

Sadly, I've been stricken with a semi-dibilitating case of Artist's Block since I let the Ad Biz, and didn't need to put pencil to paper [or pen+tablet to Photoshop]

I can doodle fine, or communicate non-verbally [i once drew a picture of our living room on a whiteboard at work to describe how our drapes were and my cube-mate said "Y'know, that doesn't look at ALL like a couch, but it has all the essential ELEMENTS it needs to say "COUCH"]

I don't do fitness challenges here, but I'd like to participate

Some of my old [and I mean OLD] poems and illos are on my Flickr

Thanks for considering me

Randy

Good having you Randy!

We're mostly a supportive group of like minded amateur writers who offer advice and encouragement, welcome aboard.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

This is where I do the majority of my "formal" writing, taking the rough notes and chicken scratches and turning them into complete sentences <g> It's just a little nook off my kitchen but allows me to keep everything in one place.

Looks like a place for creativity!

• Like 2