Craynon's Battle Log

I thought I'd start keeping a daily battle log here to record my food now, and my workouts when I start them (after my exams are done next week!) for accountability and as a backup in case my app/phone dies. I hope that one day all newbie's to the forum can read this post and think "Wow! That's the day that Craynon started to track how he became super strong and sexy! So so sexy!!"... Maybe one day ;)

This first entry will contain the last 4 days of food in it and unless I say otherwise, I'm drinking loads of water and nothing else:

Monday 11th January 2016

(I have a terrible habit of sleeping in late after nights out and skipping meals, so there's only one meal here)

Dinner: Chicken stir fry with lots and lots of mixed veg

Tuesday 12th January 2016

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with courgette mixed in (yummy!)

Lunch: Two chicken, lettuce, cheese and mayo wraps (just a little bit of mayo for flavour). A handful of cherry tomatoes on the side

Dinner: Two beef burgers in buns w/ fried onion. Side of grilled broccoli (very tasty, but slightly underdone and crunchy!)

Wednesday 13th January 2016

Breakfast: Yoghurt with a handful of nuts, sliced strawberries and some honey

Lunch: Chicken salad. Sliced raw carrots. An apple (keen to try almond butter with it at some point!)

Dinner: Hake, baked on a bed of courgette, cherry tomatoes and butternut squash (I got confused and didn't know what a yellow squash was so I bought the wrong thing...)

Snacks: Half a pack of poppets (revision made me want chocolate... I removed temptation from future sessions by eating them!)

Thursday 14th January 2016

Breakfast: I had been planning on doing something eggy, but I had an exam this morning so to save time I had the same as yesterday, minus the nuts (not big on nuts...)

Second Breakfast: Beans, hash browns, bacon, sausage, veggie sausage (very tasty!), mushrooms, black pudding and a small cup of OJ (I was celebrating/commiserating with coursemates in the student union café after the exam)

Lunch: Just one chicken, mixed salad, cheese and mayo wrap with an avocado added in. Some cherry tomatoes on the side (I was still full from 2nd breakfast!)

Dinner: Four sausages with a microwaved sweet potato and a side of mixed steamfresh veggies

Thanks for reading my first battle log post!

EDIT: I forgot to mention I went for a fast walk (13.5min/mi) for about a mile on tuesday and wednesday. No luck today, revision was a priority

Walk to Mordor: 18.7/1779mi

Friday 15th January 2016

Had an awful start to the morning, almost overslept and missed an exam, I just felt so tired!! No idea why, maybe a bit ill

Breakfast: Scrambled egg (had it pretty late, didn't have time to eat before the exam)

Lunch: Two chicken, salad, cheese and avocado wraps, with a few cherry tomatoes

Dinner: Two beef burgers in buns with fried onion and a side of steamfresh veggies. Had a bottle of ale with dinner with housemates

Walked about 1.75 miles

Saturday 16th January 2016

Didn't get to sleep for ages, so woke up past midday and missed breakfast

Lunch: Four sausages with a microwaved sweet potato and butter

Dinner: Chili con carne with rice (I loved making this, the spices smelt delicious whilst cooking. I have 3 more portions in the freezer for later)

Walked about 1.75 miles today

Sunday 17th January 2016

Another late start to the day. Very unproductive day, disappointed with myself. Was so busy procrastinating and playing video games that I skipped lunch (breakfast was at 12 to be fair)

Breakfast: Two fried eggs with two rashers of bacon

Dinner: Pesto stuffed chicken breast, wrapped in bacon, with baked sweet potato and steamfresh veggies

Drinks: Three pints of San Miguel at the pub with housemates (Met a cool girl there, spent a couple of hours talking with her, she seems nice! Will see if it goes anywhere)

No walking :'( Very lazy day

Monday 18th January 2016

Bumped into a friend from my caving club who told me that the annual caving club holiday is probably going to be the Czech Republic for 8 days in July! I'm going to use this as another motivational tool for when I start working out, as nudity is not entirely uncommon during these trips... so if that's how it's going to be, I want to look good!

Breakfast: Greek yoghurt with nuts and honey (forgot to buy any fruit to throw in)

Lunch: Two chicken, salad, avocado and cheese wraps

Dinner: Some of the leftover Chili from Saturday with rice (I was going to do burgers, but forgot to get any buns)

Another sedentary day: videogames and revision for my last exam, so no walking

Tuesday 19th January 2016

Today was mostly spent revising or playing D&D (my group's weekly meetings had been on hold for 6 weeks, so we played for ages!)

I've been weighing myself the last few days and I've been seeing a steady downward trend in my weight, which I don't want. I'm not sure if it's weight from Christmas disappearing or if it's because I'm eating healthier foods without increasing the amount I'm eating. My bodyfat is also decreasing, but it wasn't too high to begin with, and I'm still losing lean weight as well. I'll need to do something about this...

I also overslept (again)

Brunch: Lots of scrambled egg with courgette mixed in

Dinner: Just over half of a large Domino's pizza (traditional for my D&D group)

Did a bit of walking, but not much

Wednesday 20th January 2016

Today was a good day! I hadn't really realised how low I'd been feeling until today and yesterday, when things improved. My last housemate is finally back in the house after the christmas holidays and she kinda binds the house together, so things should be more lively now! I also went to see Star Wars tonight after putting it off for ages... not bad in my opinion! Afterwards I met up with my housemates in the nearby bar for a drink and to play some pool: I played both the best and worst games of pool of my life, back to back.

Breakfast: Greek yoghurt with nuts and honey (I really need to get some fruit to mix in, nuts are blergh)

Lunch: Chicken, salad, avocado and cheese wrap

Dinner: Nando's Double Chicken wrap with Piri salted chips. Yum! (had this with my friends before we headed to the cinema)

Drinks: A pint of San Miguel at the pub

Quite a bit of walking to and from the cinema etc

Thursday 21st January 2016

Absolutely bricking it for my exam tomorrow, but looking forward to exams being done! Shame that some of my housemates are going out tonight to celebrate a friend finishing their exams instead of tomorrow when I have, but oh well

Breakfast: Two fried eggs, two rashers of bacon, a handful of fried cherry tomatoes

Lunch: Chicken, salad and cheese wrap. Handful of cherry tomatoes

Dinner: Two fillets of hake baked on a bed of courgette, butternut squash and cherry tomatoes (the tomatoes were going to go off soon, so I was trying to use them all up today...)

No walking, haven't even left the house because I've been revising

Friday 22nd January 2016

Not sure how my exam from earlier went, but glad they're all over now! Now I can start my workout program!

Breakfast: Scrambled egg with courgette

Lunch: Cheese, salad and cheese wrap. Handful of cherry tomatoes (this is starting to get very repetitive)

Dinner: Chili with rice (some of the frozen leftovers from Saturday)

Second Dinner: Lamb doner kebab (after the pub)

Drinks: Pint of semi-skimmed milk, 3 pints of ale (had the milk because I need more calories; it's semi-skimmed because that's what my housemates buy for the communal milk)

I walked a fair bit today, but none of it was walking for the sake of it so I haven't tracked it

Saturday 23rd January 2016

Had a mostly lazy day, didn't get up until 2pm so missed breakfast. Walked to the supermarket later in the afternoon, then binge-watched all of Making a Murderer on Netflix with a couple of housemates! Ordered myself a corset for a rather risqué social with my caving club on Wednesday... yikes!

Lunch: Two buttered white baps with chicken, salad and cheese. An apple

Dinner: Huuuuuge chicken, egg noodle and veggie stir fry

Snacks: A few chocolate coins and Rolos. An apple

Drinks: Glass of milk

Walked to and from the supermarket at a pretty quick pace because it was drizzling! About 1.45 miles

Sunday 24th January 2016

Another lazy day before I start semester 2 tomorrow. Went to the bar with a couple of housemates later in the day, but mostly did nothing! Got up late, as per usual

Lunch: Natural yoghurt with berries, nuts and honey

Dinner: Chili and rice (last leftover portion!)

Post-dinner: Whey protein shake with milk (I'd ordered some whey protein and because I was hungry I thought I'd try some. I really liked the flavour!)

Drinks: Three pints of San Miguel

Walked to and from the bar, but not enough distance for me to bother recording it

Monday 25th January 2016

First ever workout, and in a gym as well! See this post for more details (I'd really appreciate some feedback) Today was the first day of the new semester. Had a 9am-10am lecture, looks like it'll be interesting! The coursework is very similar to my 3rd year project though, so I'll need to be sure to not self-plagiarise.

Breakfast: Fried eggs (2), fried bacon (3), fried cherry tomatoes (this is an incentive to get up early: if I'm awake early enough, I have time to cook!)

Lunch: Two chicken, salad and cheese wraps, with a handful of cherry tomatoes and an apple

Dinner: Two beef burgers in buttered buns with fried onions, and a ton of boiled brocolli (a whole head of florets!)

Post-workout: Whey protein shake with semi-skimmed milk

Walked about 2.5 miles to and from the gym

Tuesday 26th January 2016

Felt very achey and stiff today, so I'm going to assume that's a good sign! Had a few hours of lectures today, one module looks very interesting: one piece of coursework is loosely 'explore/map the dark web'

Finished my first ever D&D campaign with my friends! It was great fun, I'm carrying my character through to our next campaign and roleplaying that transition was interesting. We also convinced one of my other housemates to join us in the new campaign :)

Breakfast: Natural yoghurt with nuts, berries and honey

Lunch: Sausage baguette with curly fries

Dinner: Domino's pizza (with my D&D group)

The usual amount of walking to and from uni, nothing worth recording. Gym session tomorrow!

Two days of updates here. I went out on a social with my caving club last night, and I don't think I've ever had a night out like it! I didn't get home until 6.30am and then didn't wake up until 4.30pm. It's currently 22:45 and I'm still hungover.

Going out was great fun and I had some interest from ladies whilst out, which was a confidence boost as it was the first time I've ever been clubbing whilst single! Today has been a write off though, and my diet has been pretty awful

I'm also very sore from a gym workout on Wednesday, but I'm going again tomorrow which I'm looking forward to!

Wednesday 27th January 2016

Breakfast: Protein shake (1.5 scoops whey protein with semi-skimmed milk). Two slices of toast with honey

Lunch (post-workout): Chicken caesar wraps (store-bought). Protein shake (1 scoop with whole milk)

Dinner: Rump steak with jacket sweet potato and steam fresh veggies

Drinks: Where do I begin on this one.... A lot of vodka lemonades, some jaegerbombs, a jesticle (a pint sized cocktail from the nearby club 'Jesters'. Noone really knows how they're made, and they vary in colour a lot)

Post-nightout: Cheese toastie made by another member of the caving club at 5.30am (was much appreciated)

Warm up for the gym involved a treadmill, so about 15 minutes of jogging/running

Thursday 28th January 2016

Lunch: Two slices of buttered toast (to settle my stomach). Two Phizz tablets (basically Berocca turned up to 11)

Dinner: Large battered sausage and chips (couldn't eat all the chips, wasn't feeling well enough)

Walked to and from the chip shop and that's it, haven't left the house otherwise (I missed a lecture :/)

It's been a few days since my last update, the reason being because I had a night out on Friday and then went home to my parent's house yesterday to pick up my car. I've been feeling really awful since Saturday, which I think is a combination of overexertion at the gym, irregular diet this week, late/drunken nights out and possibly a dodgy kebab. I'm feeling very tired, so will be heading straight to bed after this update!

I was meant to go to the gym on Friday, but my gym buddy broke his finger. We'll be working out tomorrow, just focusing on legs so as to avoid making his finger worse. I kinda gave in and didn't bother doing a home workout instead because I was already starting to feel a little under the weather at this point.

Friday 29th January 2016

Breakfast: Two slices buttered toast. Protein shake with whole milk (this was before I realised I wouldn't be going to the gym)

Lunch: Two chicken, salad and cheese wraps. Handful of cherry tomatoes. Chunk of cheddar cheese (I was craving some cheese). An extra wrap on its own (weird, I know, but I like them!)

Dinner: Four apple and pork sausages, with a microwaved sweet potato and steamfresh veggies.

Post-nightout: Large lamb kebab with salad and garlic mayo. Almost all of someone else's kebab meat on chips (also with salad)

Drinks: White tea with sugar before a lecture. White tea with sugar after the nightout made by one of my housemates (what a babe). Lots of alcohol: vodka lemonades and jaegerbombs

Saturday 30th January 2016:

Lunch: Store bought chicken caesar wraps (I had an earlyish train to catch so skipped breakfast)

Snack: A banana. A few handfuls of salted popcorn (I went with my parents and one of my brothers to see The Revenant - Leo deserves an Oscar!)

Dinner: Truffle ravioli, with green beans, asparagus, mushrooms and a mushroom consommé. Chicken and n'duja spaghetti, with a chilli/tomato sauce (didn't finish it, started feeling sick whilst in the restaurant)

Drinks: White tea with sugar.

Sunday 31st January 2016

Breakfast: Small bowl of Krave cereal with semi-skimmed milk. An apple (still wasn't feeling 100%, so had a small breakfast)

Lunch: Sunday lunch! Roast beef, roast carrots and parsnips, yorkshire puddings, peas, cauliflower cheese, roast potatoes and gravy. Delicious! Thanks mum!

Dinner: 6" Italian B.M.T. sub (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, honey mustard, cheese)

Snack: Prawn cocktail crisps

Went to the gym yesterday, didn't feel too bad afterwards, so I think that now I'm getting used to actually exercising I can start increasing weights a little bit. Also did the 'pyramid pushup challenge again yesterday' and managed 21 pushups, up from 18

A few notes on how I'm going to format my workout logs for the time being:

• The gym I go to uses SportsArt machines, so where possible I have included the machine number to help me distinguish between them.
  • These weights may be slightly inaccurate as they may or may not include the micro-incremental weights on the stacks. I didn't realise this was an option, so I will include this from now on
  • Unless otherwise noted, I perform 3 sets of 8 on each machine/exercise
  • For bench/squats/deadlifts or other barbell based exercises, I have NOT included the weight of the bar in the log. So if I say 'Deadlift 10kg', I mean a 20kg olympic barbell with a 5kg on each side. If I'm using a different bar, like an EZ curl bar, I will try and specify this

Monday 1st February 2016

Workout:

• 20min walking/jogging on treadmill, plus general stretches to warmup
  • S951 Abduction 20kg, 30kg, 35kg
  • S972 Functional rope arm extension 40kg, 50kg, 60kg
  • Situps
  • Leg ups(?) - I was really bad at these, apparently I have no core strength (yet)!
  • Crunches
  • Deadlift 10kg, 10kg, 15kg
  • Squats 10kg, 10kg, 10kg - I didn't increase the weight partly because I'm still getting used to the motion, and partly because my gym buddy was ready to leave and someone else was waiting for the rack :/
  • S926 Lat pull down 25kgx8, 20kgx8, 35kgx8 powerset (normal set, fast set, max reps set)
  • S917 Independent shoulder press 5kg, 10kg, 15kg
  • S921 Mid row 10kg, 20kg, 25kg
  • S915 Independent chest press 30kg, 35kg, 35kg(completed 5 reps, then dropped to 30kg for last 3 reps)
  • S957 Leg extension 10kg, 15kg, 20kg
  • S959 Leg curl 10kg, 20kg, 30kg

Now that I've typed that up, I feel like I was doing too much different stuff!

Breakfast: Two slices toast. Protein shake with whole milk. White tea with sugar

Lunch: Two sliced chicken, ham, salad and cheese wraps with an apple and a glass of milk

Dinner: Four pork and apple sausages wrapped in bacon. Microwaved sweet potato with butter, and steam fresh veggies

Post-Dinner: Half pot of greek yoghurt with honey (was feeling hungry just before bed, which is unusual for me!)

Another few days of updates at once. Tuesday was a quiet day, did my pushups but otherwise didn't do much. Wednesday was interesting: did a workout from home, which was good but difficult with the limited dumbbells I have, before going out that night, bringing a girl home with me before throwing up all over my room. So yeah, that was interesting...

I'm going caving this weekend, so will probably end up drinking a lot more!

Tuesday 2nd February 2016

Pushup pyramid: 7th level, for a total of 28 pushups (up from 21!)

Breakfast: Three rashers of bacon with four scrambled eggs with half a courgette mixed in

Lunch: Two chicken, salad and cheese wraps

Snacks: 35g beef biltong (saw it in the supermarket, thought I'd try it because of it's high protein content!)

Dinner: Chicken stir fry with veg and egg noodles

Wednesday 3rd February 2016

Workout:

• NF academy warmups
  • Goblet Squats 10kg, 15kg, 15kg
  • Dumbbell bench press 15kg, 17kg, 17kg(10 reps) (No bench so did this whilst lying on the floor, so couldn't bring my arms all the way down
  • Pushups 3x10
  • Plank :30
  • Squat thrusts :30
  • Bicep curls 8.5kg, 8.5kg(4/7.5kg 4), 7.5kg(4/6kg 4) each arm
  • Tricep extensions 6kg, 7kg, 7.5kg
  • Legups 3x10
  • Crunches 3x10
  • Situps 3x10
  • Staci's cooldown from NF Academy website (I really want to improve my flexibility!)

Breakfast: Half pot of greek yoghurt with nuts and honey. White tea with sugar

Lunch: Leftover chicken, veg and noodle stir fry

Post-workout: Whey protein shake with water

Dinner: Pesto stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon. Microwaved sweet potato and steamfresh veggies (didn't finish it all and then probably threw most of it up later that night)

Drinks: Lots of vodka lemonade

Thursday 4th February 2016

Breakfast: Three rashers bacon, fried egg, handful of fried cherry tomatoes, some fried cheddar (had a dairy craving). Glass of whole milk

Lunch: Chicken, salad and cheese wrap

Dinner: Burrito. Nachos with chili and cheese (Fancied a takeaway)

Drinks: Pint of coke at the bar for my housemates birthday

Haven't posted an update in a while, so this will be a long one!

I went caving over the weekend and it is was as drunken and tiring as I expected, and then some! We had a 90s themed rave on Saturday night, complete with tight bright clothes, UV paint, glowsticks, strobes, lasers and more; I was up until 5.30am dancing! I'm going on another trip in the beginning of March and I will be going on the annual caving club holiday in July! There'll be as many as 22 of us living it up for a week in the Czech Republic; it sounds like it will be absolutely mental.

I haven't been to the gym, or done any other workout for that matter since last Wednesday, which I feel guilty for. The most I've done is some pushups earlier this evening.

Friday 5th February 2016

Breakfast: Leftover chili nachos

Lunch: Pot of tea with whole milk and sugar. Chocolate caramel shortbread (met up with a friend at a Costa for a catchup)

Dinner: Chicken and bacon wraps and a packet of crisps (ate those whilst on the way down to where I was staying for the caving trip)

Drinks: Three beers, vodka lemonade, tequila etc (relatively sober night)

Saturday 6th February 2016

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, beans, hash browns, buttered toast. Cup of tea with sugar

Lunch: Cup of tea with sugar. Tesco BLT, scotch egg. Orange juice (late lunch after caving)

Dinner: Tomato/veg/sausage pasta

Drinks: Lots. Plenty of vodka lemonade, until late in the night

Extra: I kept eating leftovers and snacks whilst dancing and drinking, so I'm not entirely sure what I ate. Lots of the leftover pasta and two chocolate eclairs, minimum

Sunday 7th February 2016

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, beans, hash browns. Cup of tea without sugar

Lunch: Pringles etc (light lunch after caving)

Dinner: Takeaway kebab and chips (I regretted this afterwards: it was unhealthy, expensive and actually unpleasant!)

Monday 8th February 2016

Dinner: Two beef burgers in buns with onions. Side of steam fresh veggies (Can't remember what I ate earlier in the day and didn't update my diary app)

Tuesday 9th February 2016

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with courgette, 3 rashers of bacon and a handful of fried cherry tomatoes

Lunch: Chicken, salad and cheese wrap

Dinner: Pancakes with lemon and sugar. 2/3 of a medium Domino's pizza

Wednesday 10th February 2016

Breakfast: Handful of cherry tomatoes (woke up late, was the only food I could grab and run with)

Lunch: Two chicken, salad and cheese wraps

Dinner: KFC (went with the girls from my house to get it before a night out with the caving club)

Nightout: Chicken wrap and chips. Cheesy chips

Drinks: 3 beers. 3 Jesticles (pint sized cocktails/abominations). Vodka shot

Thursday 11th February 2016

Lunch: Salmon and cream cheese bagel. Packet of crisps

Dinner: Chicken and edamame stir fry

Post-dinner: Cheese on toast (2). White tea with sugar