Looking for a Wingperson (online and/or in Connecticut)

Hello everyone,

I've been on NF for a while, but lapsed. Now, I am reading Steve's book and it has inspired me to give it another try. I'd love to find a Wingperson. Any age/gender is welcome, I'm just hoping to find someone who is reliable and willing to help keep me on track. I promise to do the same for them, I take such commitments seriously. Bonus if you're in/around Connecticut so perhaps we could do some workouts in person. But online works too.

Thanks for reading!

Hello--I'm in a somewhat similar situation. I read the blog devotedly for a while a couple of years ago and it's what really got me into health/fitness; while I've carried a lot of that with me and am generally happy with what I've done since then, I've slacked off a bit lately and would like to take it up again more seriously. I'm very systematic, so if I lay out an accountability program I'll follow it (and am perfectly willing to nudge someone else about following it).

I actually am in Connecticut, but am generally very busy and not very mobile so internet would be best for me--though who knows, maybe I'd be around for a hike sometime (I might be going to a LARP even in March!).

Let me know if you'd like to buddy up!

Hi Sundapple,

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. I'm working on figuring out my plan, but in the interim I'm happy to help you stick to yours as an Internet buddy. Just let me know.

A hike sounds great too. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I had to look up what a LARP is, but now that I know it looks cool. Are you planning on doing any particular type?

Thanks again!

Hi Sundapple,

That's weird. I did reply (at least I thought I did) but I don't see it either. Sorry about that. My reply was that I'm still trying to figure out my plan but in the interim I'd be happy to help you stick to your plan, if an online accountability partner would be useful. Just let me know. Oh, and I also mentioned that I had to look up what at LARP was. Looks fun, what type are you doing?

Hi Cryosilver,

I work in Hartford, but live in Northeast Connecticut. So, too far away. But hopefully someone else closer will see this. Good luck!

Hi Sundapple,

That's weird. I did reply (at least I thought I did) but I don't see it either. Sorry about that. My reply was that I'm still trying to figure out my plan but in the interim I'd be happy to help you stick to your plan, if an online accountability partner would be useful. Just let me know. Oh, and I also mentioned that I had to look up what at LARP was. Looks fun, what type are you doing?

Hi Cryosilver,

I work in Hartford, but live in Northeast Connecticut. So, too far away. But hopefully someone else closer will see this. Good luck!

Sure, that'd be great! I haven't completely decided on what I want to do, but I'd definitely like to just get started with what I have and an accountability system would help a lot. Shall I message you about specifics?

Hah, it's through Quest (quest.org--they're the main CT LARP group as far as I know)--notable for having combat involving actual swordfighting, using padded weapons for safety. I'm in a club that uses their combat system alone for fun swordfighting, so it's great to do something different by using it in a story setting.

Cryosilver--I'm in New Haven as well, but generally can't travel around much (due to a combination of scheduling and lack of transportation)--still, if we're so close, maybe we can work something out sometime! Want to message about it?