Bodyweight WOW! [Ended June 4, 2016]

Welcome to the Bodyweight Workout of the Week PVP Challenge!!

Format:

• One bodyweight workout will be posted each week
  • Complete workout as prescribed and post result
  • Workouts do not expire and can be completed as many times as desired
  • If you are the leader, visit the Bodyweight WOW Leaderboard and log your result
  • Only results completed as prescribed count on leaderboard, however, making necessary changes/substitutions in order to complete a workout is not only welcome, but recommended

Rules:

• Do your best
  • Push yourself
  • Maintain form
  • Finish
  • No injuries
  • Mad props encouraged
  • Trash talk respectfully
  • Enjoy the results!

WOW Posting Rotation:

• Yuen
  • Br0din
  • charlomechfry
  • Anim07734
  • Kishi
  • Like 1

curious. Following.  :hypnotysed:

Winwaloeus, level 3 ranger

STATS : STR 7 | STA 9 | DEX 2 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

My introduction is Here - My Battle Log is There - 6wc I - 6wc II - 4wc III - 4wc IIII (ongoing)

Main goal : lose excess fat down to 14% (currently, i look roughly like a : 20 to 25 -according to many sites offering pictures for comparison)

current 4wc progress :

Goal 1 : walk !!! (2h27 out of a minimum 12)

20%
20%

Goal 2 : Sprint (1 out of 4)

25%
25%

Goal 3 : Lift (2 out of 12)

20%
20%

Life Goal : History work (3 out of 12 )

25%
25%

I would add in mad trash talking (in the most supportive way of course  :devilish: .)

But I'm in to show that heavy dudes can BW like the skinnies.  

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

curious. Following.  :hypnotysed:

Good to have you! Feel free to join in at anytime!

I would add in mad trash talking (in the most supportive way of course  :devilish: .)

But I'm in to show that heavy dudes can BW like the skinnies.  

Done!

Represent!!

I will have to stack on some weight sometime and see how close i can get to you at the same weight. Represent for the skinny dudes ;)

Once I get back in shape, I may treat myself to a weighted vest, or something of the like.

• Like 1

YEAH BABY!!!

Went ahead and got us started!

9'17" is the time to beat!

Started off going 10 pullups and 20 pushups, but petered out after 30/60. Did the rest at 5/10 intervals and took twice as long. If I am not burned out by my regular workouts (which is likely as I am just starting back up), I may try to improve on that by the end of the week.

What you guys got?!?

Thanks for getting us started CM!

8'29" was my effort for today :)

The plan was a crossfit style EMOM 10 pull ups, 20 push ups (same as you), but that would have netted me a similar time to 9'17", so I then planned to do the last 3 sets without any break.

Started off very easy, I was constantly looking at my stopwatch itching to start again. But by pull ups 30->40 I had slowed a lot, then pull ups 40->50 was a failure after 5 reps, push ups 80->100 grinded at the end and hurt like hell, and pull ups 45->50 also were quite painful.

9'17" is the time to beat!

8'29" was my effort for today :)

Sorry Bro's  Those numbers just aren't going cut it.  7:25 is the new high score.

I started with the AMRAP mentality pullup/pushup like this:  18/60 6/20 6/20 then 10, 5, 5 to finish off the pullups.  

the pullups wore me out.  

HFcKpWT.jpg?1

You got all week to beat me!!

tumblr_mkp6zif1Hr1rhly2xo1_500.gif

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

Ooh, this looks fun. You guys mind if I tag along and embarrass myself in front of you from time to time?

Let's Do It!! Happy to have you with us!

No need to be embarrassed, we are all just looking to improve upon ourselves. Giving it your best go is what is most important.

Beyond that, Yuen, Br0din, and myself are relatively at the same level and looking for that little extra push to reach the next. So expect some competitiveness, but all in good nature and fun. Also, regarding times/scores, expect me to be leading the pack in the near future. The plan is to make these guys feel like they had a shot  :playful:

• Like 2

Ok.. I was foxing with the 8'29".

But tonight I decided to try all out with no rest periods at the start. The result was 7'10"

At first, everything was going awesome, and I thought I would be finished by 4 mins (hahahaha). But then when I hit the wall, I hit the wall hard. I ended up doing single reps of pull ups to finish because I couldn't do any more than 1. Also form was a little bit shot, and I definitely used some kip at the end :( (push up form remained solid however).

I'm not going at attempt again until probably Saturday, because I think I need time to recover lol...

Cool. You mind if I run the test on Saturday, then? Or would that be too late?

I'll throw my hat in the ring as well.

Welcome aboard Kishimoto and Anim07734... it would be great to have you guys join in! :)

curious. Following.   :hypnotysed:

Hi Winwaloeus! You should join too! :)
  • Like 1

But tonight I decided to try all out with no rest periods at the start. The result was 7'10"

Nice.  Now I need to show up again.

Wheymen

Cool. You mind if I run the test on Saturday, then? Or would that be too late?

I am going to try to get one last go in on Sunday, so you are golden. Right now I have each workout lasting from Mon-Sun. Just had some extra time on this first one.

I'll throw my hat in the ring as well.

Glad to have you!!

7'07"

This time I was happy with both my pull up and push up form.

I reckon half the battle here is good timing... I'm significantly less buggered than my previous effort.

Great job Yuen! I do not see myself catching you this time around. We will have to see what Br0din, Kishi, and Anim have. 

I am going to give it a go today and hopefully one last time on Sunday though for good measure.

Bah!

8'39" was my effort for today. 

I knew I had a ways to go to get back in form, but I had a little higher hopes. Part of the problem was I started with push-ups this time. My thinking was flawed in planning that. Ended up working more than necessary after several failed pull-up reps.

On a positive note, I likely would have done a whole lot of nothing today had it not been for this challenge. Woo Hoo!!

I will try one final effort on Sunday. Can't wait to see what Br0din has in store for us next week!

Wait!  I"m next...  darn it.  off too google to find something that is properly brutal.  

Wheymen

ok, I found something appropriately evil.  

2564750-3588143604-Joker.gif

• Like 1

Wheymen

Welp. didn't complete it today. I drive for a living, was out 'til about 3 AM then didn't get down until 5 AM, didn't get up until late and folks wanted to go out to dinner as soon as I got up.

Made it to 14 pull ups and 40 push ups in about seven minutes or so. Um. I feel like I can extrapolate some terrifying numbers for the total amount of time it would take me to get this done. ^_^;;

Okay. Could not let Anim stand as the slowest. Did in 29:11. YAAAY SLOWEST

Also, I may not have understood whether I was supposed to go faster or slower. :P

Seriously, though, this shows some serious gaps in my game that I didn't know I had. Push ups were fine, it was the pull ups that held me back.

And in a distant last place: Anim with 20:33...

At least I didn't pass out.  Good workout, guys; looking forward to next week.

Okay. Could not let Anim stand as the slowest. Did in 29:11. YAAAY SLOWEST

Also, I may not have understood whether I was supposed to go faster or slower. :tongue:

Seriously, though, this shows some serious gaps in my game that I didn't know I had. Push ups were fine, it was the pull ups that held me back.

Great job to the both of you! Just gettin er done is a feat! Kicked my butt for sure. Too sore to even give it another try on Sunday. But has already been a great boost to get me back on my regular workout schedule!

Now we just have to wait for Br0din to conjure this supposed evil he has dug up. I am beginning to have my doubts...

• Like 1