What seems like a lifelong journey is really just his first few steps...

Hey everybody,

I heard Steve talking about NF on a podcast not too long ago. I really liked his approach with gamifying your life and the hero's journey. Signed up for the mailing list a week ago and saw this was something too good to pass up.

I'm 31 living in North Carolina but I'm a Boston native. I would probably call myself a Monk/Assassin. I'm studying Brazilian Jiu Jitsu but I've always been a fan of parkour, breakdancing, and gymnastics. They seem like a lot of fun and I want to get into it when I'm in better shape.

I've gotta say that out of all the things in the world, chocolate is my kryptonite. I've grown up and worked in the restaurant business most of my life so food is a big part of who I am. My eating habits show for it with my belly lol.

Anyway, my goals at the moment are to be at a more natural weight and have a healthy active body by the end of the year. I'm not in terrible shape but it could use some work. How I want to get there is to build healthy habits that are sustainable. That's the most important part for me and I think NF is the right place to be for that. My habits are my greatest weapon but also my biggest downfall too.

I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get to meet some cool people here. Looking forward to this epic journey of a lifetime!

"Live Deliciously"

"Leave everything better than you found it."

"When your why has heart, your how has legs."

NF Character

GoodReads 

Get Off Your "But" by Sean Stephenson

90% Complete

Hello fellow North Carolinian!!  (I'm also originally from MA, too!)

NF is definitely a great place to make like-minded friends and really set a solid healthy foundation to grow on.  The community here is second to none and I'm amazed at how far I've come since I've joined.  I've tried and failed many times, but NF really helped everything stick. :)

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Another North Carolinian here, and I completely understand your sentiments about habits. They have definitely been my greatest weakness. But now that I'm actually listening to Steve and taking things slowly, adding in new habits once I have a strong grasp of one, is really helping. From a very quiet member, welcome to the rebellion!