PE Survivor! Ready to get back in the game.

Greetings!

I'm trying to get as many people involved in my fitness accountability as I can, because that is what's going to make or break me, so I'm glad I found a forum to make friends and grow with. 

About Me -

I started having trouble breathing around December of 2014. I saw so many doctors and they all said something like anxiety, or asthma, or other such nonsense. Well in August 2015, I was sent to the ER for a pulmonary embolism. Basically, I blood clot had formed in my left leg and pieces of it were breaking off and lodging in my lungs - hence, my increasing difficulty breathing. It had gotten so bad I couldn't even clean my house or walk to the mailbox without getting winded and needing to take a break. I've been on blood thinners for the last 6 months, and the clots are slowly dissolving. My doctor said now would be a good time to start exercising as I am able and reverse the deconditioning my body has undergone for all these many months.

Prior to my illness, I was really getting into pole fitness! Please tell me there are some other pole dance junkies here. :D It's been killing me that I've had to set it aside and lose so much strength, but I'm going to begin training again this year and my goal is to enter a pole competition by the end of 2017.

I'm also interested in hula hooping, and would like to practice more yoga and meditative arts. 

If there are others here who are also recovering from a chronic illness, please reach out to me! You guys inspire me and I hope we can encourage each other. 

I can't wait to get involved and see where the journey takes me!

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."

I've started recording my journey! Check out my blog here: Pulmonary Princess

Sounds like you are a fighter! 

I haven't had fought any real health issues to inspire you with, and although it doesn't compare to facing an illness, I did come off a horse one time that cost a few days in the hospital and months recovering. I know how hard it is to get back to it both physically and emotionally. What I can tell you is you will learn and grow from the experience and be all the better for it. At least from my humble experience that was the case. I am glad you decided to put your "fighting skills" and determination to the front, and become a Rebel.

~Bree

• Like 1

Thank you! I know you understand how hard it is to not be able to do something that you love for a long time. After an 8 month hiatus, I finally took a pole class again last night. It was awesome! I was so nervous, I really wasn't sure if I could make it all the way through, but I did and I'm proud of myself. SUPER sore today though, but it's a good kind of sore. I can only get stronger from here! :)

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."

I've started recording my journey! Check out my blog here: Pulmonary Princess