Deadlifts: Guess who joined the 225/Two-Plate Club?

THIS GUY!

One of the lifters I've been interacting with recently offered to work Deadlifts with me yesterday. He watched my form and gave me some good coaching.

Warmed up at 2 x 5 @ 135lbs, then did 1 x 5 @ 185lbs, my partner asked how I was feeling, to which I replied positively, and then he upped the ante to 225lbs. I strapped on a belt and chalked up my hands, thinking back to when I was injured. The day I was injured last year on DLs, I did work sets at 195lbs, decided to do one final rep and effed up the form and paid for it. 

Finally hitting 225lbs and doing it safely and effectively means so much to me. Not only did I do the PR for weight, but I did it with reps too.

3 x 3 @ 225lbs

1 x 2 @ 225lbs...

I am feeling it today... just a bit. Hahaha.

Keep pushing, fellow Rebels, no matter how long it takes.

Make those gains!

:victorious:

• Like 8

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

Nice! Deadlifts are awesome!

Yes, yes they are! I learned to love them during 2014-2015 as I began my journey into lifting. Missed doing them after my injury, but super stoked to be back at it and stronger than before!

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Way to go!  I was never a weight lifter, even in the Navy.  I always assumed that it was something for the meat-heads and knuckle-draggers to do.  I started Nerd Fitness about a month ago, doing the Bodyweight Brigade.  Yesterday though, I completed my first Barbell Battalion Workout.  For good measure, I decided to throw in a few sets of Dead Lifts to establish my baseline.

I am in love with lifting now.  Too much fun!  Great work, mate!

It's always fun to reach that next full plate :D

Good work!

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

high_five_snl.gif

Welcome to the club!

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Way to go!  I was never a weight lifter, even in the Navy.  I always assumed that it was something for the meat-heads and knuckle-draggers to do.  I started Nerd Fitness about a month ago, doing the Bodyweight Brigade.  Yesterday though, I completed my first Barbell Battalion Workout.  For good measure, I decided to throw in a few sets of Dead Lifts to establish my baseline.

I am in love with lifting now.  Too much fun!  Great work, mate!

Congratulations! :)

Sweet!  Congrats!

It's always fun to reach that next full plate :D

Good work!

That's awesome!! Way to go!

high_five_snl.gif

Welcome to the club!

To all of my fellow Rebels: THANK YOU!

Please accept my sincere apologies in regards to the lack of proper form in responding. Haven't checked the forum in a month! I've gotten up to 235lb if memory serves, not a huge bump, but I've been staying w/225 going for reps. Goal is to do a full 5 x 5 @ 225lbs.

• Like 1