BODY QUESTS: 

Do 35 pull-ups/chin-ups in a single set. 

Do 400 pull-ups/chin-ups in a single work-out. 

Be able to bench-press 75kg. 

Be able to squat 75kg. 

Run 15km in a single run.

Run 5km under 20mins. 

Reach 75kg in weight 

Do a split 

Visit a BJJ class

Visit a MMA class 

Visit a Muay-Thai class 

Take off braces.

Bike to somewhere and camp for the night. 

MIND QUESTS:

Watch all 180 episodes of EasyGerman.

Finish Der Bruder Des Sheriffs

Complete the 95 audio lessons in German.

Complete A1/A2 Notebooks in German.

SOUL QUESTS:

Be able to have healthy relationships and abstain from sexual and social internet addictions.

- 60 days in a row of meditation. Started on 01.01.2017

- 60 days in a row of no masturbation. Started on 22.12.2017

- Do one entire day without talking behind someone's back.

- Do one entire day without lying.

Be able to live happily, despite curcimstances, through meditation. Always have a positive mindset. 

- Do a one hour meditation session.

- Do one entire day without complaining. 

Establish a healthy diet, no meat, no animal products, no sugars and sweets.

- Host a DnD session and have only vegan non-junk food eaten by everyone.

- Vegan for a year. (since February 2016)

• Like 3

Vegan Bum Adventurer on a bike.

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Current

If anyone is reading this, I need help. I can put SMART goals as my fitness and mind quests, but how do i measure my Soul Quests

How does one measure a healthy relationship, a positive mindset or that they have a diet? Those are things that cannot simply be achieved once, they have to be maintained. Please, offer me a solution to my problem. Perhaps a way to measure them, or a way to rephrase those goals? 

I think there are two separate things to think about with respect to goals like "have a healthy relationship" or "maintain a positive mindset". One is how to break them down into measurable subpieces, the way you have done with "get stronger" and "learn Russian." The other, as you've noted, is that they need to be maintained over time.

For breaking them into measurable subpieces, think about what actions you can engage in on a regular basis that support the big goal. For a healthy relationship, these might include things like "express appreciation to my partner every now and then", "don't start arguments over things that aren't that big of a deal", etc. Of course, think about actions that are most relevant to you - if you're drawing a blank, maybe Google around for "components of a healthy relationship" and select some suggestions that seem particularly valuable. 

One approach I like is the technique of giving yourself a +1 when you catch yourself doing something right (or catch yourself successfully resisting against doing something wrong) up to some maximum number of +1s per day, and giving yourself a -1 when you catch yourself slipping up -- I forget exactly where I first heard this suggested, but it's motivating for me. I use habitica.com to keep track of my pluses and minuses, but in principle you could use a piece of paper.  For a positive mindset, you could try giving yourself a point every time you catch yourself engaging in negative self-talk and reframe the sentiment in a positive light (the Mayo Clinic has some tips on this here).

For the 'maintenance over time' thing, you seem to be well on your way with this - your "30 days in a row of no animal products and sweets" is a great example of a way to measure at least part of the challenge of a healthy diet. After one is done, you can evaluate whether you want to continue for the next month. After two or three of these in a row, the new behavior will become enough of a habit that you might not even need to keep setting challenges for it - it will eventually start to seem natural, like brushing your teeth in the morning, and it should eventually start feeling even more uncomfortable to break the new habit than to keep it!

For difficult cases I often need to use several seven-day challenges in a row - if it's a particularly hard change where 30 days just seems like too daunting at first: at least I can feel like I've achieved something if I've made it 7 days, and that gives me motivation for the next 7. But it's good to experiment and see what works well for you.

• Like 3

I had an exam at March 20th. It was finally checked and i ACED it with flying colors! 
Pass the exam at 20.03.16 (10xp)

Gained 10xp! Glad I spent a few days studying. Then, spent a few days in Varna, Bulgaria, studying rescue techniques and CPR, etc., and ACED my American Red Cross exam for Lifeguards. It wasn't a written goal of mine, but it was very important. 

• Like 2

On 3/15/2016 at 1:52 PM, Lord Helix said:

If anyone is reading this, I need help. I can put SMART goals as my fitness and mind quests, but how do i measure my Soul Quests

How does one measure a healthy relationship, a positive mindset or that they have a diet? Those are things that cannot simply be achieved once, they have to be maintained. Please, offer me a solution to my problem. Perhaps a way to measure them, or a way to rephrase those goals? 

@pseudobison is right. Breaking them down into actionable things that will get you closer to your goal will help.

The way I went about it was, for example:

With a goal of "Positive Mindset', translate it to something actionable. What would I be doing if I had a positive mindset? How would I be? What habits would I have?

How long would I need to practice these things in order for them to feel natural? What would be an easy progression so that it's not a big and sudden change? 

Let's say, you determine one action is "Read positive affirmations".

The progression could be:

1. Read positive affirmations twice a week or daily in the morning, for one week.

2. Read positive affirmations daily, for two weeks straight.

Start with an action that's simple enough to feel easy to accomplish, but does require your effort - at least to remind yourself to do it.

The key is to find what actions get you closer to your goal, no matter what the goal is. Choose the easiest/smallest way to get started doing it. And make a progression.

Hope this helps!

• Like 4

Apprentice of Intent .  Lvl X Druidu Bronze IV

Epic Quest | Battle Log | Current Challenge

' Who has the time to stall reaching hus highest potential? Death tells me "I'm a fickle thing, and I see you." ' •Aerisand

Read a French novel. (20xp)

Learn to cook 5 new vegan meals. (5xp)

30 days in a row of meditation. (20xp) (Actuall steak is 39 days right now)

Completed those and added the appropriate next level quests of the same type ana even one more: 

- Host a DnD session and have only vegan non-junk food eaten by everyone. (5xp)

Completed a few quest such as surviving without Facebook, going Vegan for a long time, reading a full russian book on self-cleansing and healing powers, which meeeeeans I LEVELED UP! 

2nd LEVEL EPIC LIFE! 

Added Quests:

Do a split (10xp)

Visit a BJJ class (5xp)

Visit a MMA class (5xp)

Visit a Muay-Thai class (5xp)

• Like 1

I was four months away. Reading books, working at a tourist reserve, made a few friends avec mon français, and A'ced my final exam in Uni. 

MIND QUESTS: 
- French

Read 5 French novels. (2/5) (20xp)

Make a french friend in real life. (10xp)

- Education

Get all the neccessary signatures for the last semester of university (25xp)

Pass the exams at the end of the semester (25xp)

Pass the Final exam for my diploma (25xp)

Current Epic Level: 2 (25/100xp)

becomes

Current Epic Level: 3 (30/100xp)