A little bit of everything.

So I have decided to make use of this forum to do a few things.

1) hold myself accountable for getting myself to the gym,

2) to keep a record of my workout sessions.

3) to find out what i like doing and see if i can expand my horizons 

I have already been to the gym 3 days in a row and I know i want to go at least 5 days out of the week... possibly 7 with two days as possibly cardio only as I am focusing mostly on weight training. IT may seem like I am trying to do too much at once but i have been going to the gym pretty consistent 2-4 days out of the week for the past year or so and i have not make any improvements in a long time. Even my wife has commented about how she sees me going and not seeing a difference like when i first started.

So i want to make a difference. I want to see some changes and i want to not feel disappointed in myself for going for so long and not seeing much change....

My current goal is to learn how to do deadlifts.  I have been doing a lot of reading and viewing on Youtube about the proper way... even had the gym to myself saturday morning and filmed myself with my phone....  Don't worry, i used light weights till i get my form perfect.  last thing i need is an injury.

this is all for now.  early morning gym time!   here I come!

My character:  My Character

SO this morning I ended up getting to the gym a little later than usual.  Little dude (my step-son)  woke up at about 4:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. So I stayed up with him and tried to get him back in his bed but it was not happening. So he ended up getting to sleep in the grown up room with his mom.  (That might have been his plan all along!) So I could make it to the gym this morning.

Because I was late I had to change up my routine a little. I completely cut out my leg work for today and will have to make up for it tomorrow morning when I go. 

Since I know some areas are lacking I ended up focusing on biceps this morning and threw in some shoulder work to fill in the time between sets.  Sitting around waiting for some “recovery time” for one group of muscles is not for me.  I normally am working one set while another set rests.

Tomorrow will be Leg day!!!!   Time to get back to work.

So Leg day totally happened!

I am proud of myself for adding another straight day to the gym.  So far I am keeping up with my goals. The early morning gym routine will stick if I just stick with it.

I have a 4 day vacation coming up…. I am wondering if I will get to work out still while I am out of town. The hotel will have a small room to do this is.. my main thing is.. will I WANT to?

I feel like I am doing good with my progress and I do not want to stop, but sharing a room with 3 others will not really let me wake up early (as my alarm will probably wake everyone up. And not to mention, the loud door opening and closing.   I could go after we get done with the day, but let’s face it. Who wants to do that???

I guess we will just have to see how things go at the moment.

So for legs I ended up doing 3 sets of 12 reps of goblet squats (holding 70 lbs)

I am noticing that the weak part of this squat is me being able to hold the weight in my hands as I am doing so…. I am ok with front squats but back squats… I need to work on my form as I feel my lower back is not in the greatest shape for this.. same with my deadlifts.. my lower back seems to round a little.   I have seen another member post a video  and I may try to do that to get some opinions on if I have good form or not.

Lunges holding 50 lbs  3 sets of 20

Seated calf raises (single leg with 45 lbs) 3 sets of 12

Standing calf raises with a combined body weight and plates to be 350!  May not seem like much to others but I am proud of this!  Once again  3 sets of 12. 

There are more but I have to get back to work. Break time is over.

I apologize for the sporadic post.  But at this point is it mainly for my own way to hold myself accountable.  It may turn into something better because lord knows I am NOT a writer. Haha.

So.. I will try to make it tomorrow morning again.  Keep this routine going!

So today is another day in a row of going to the gym in the morning!   HOORAY!!!!

Bad news is I feel like I might have pulled, strained, overworked, who knows what, minor injury on my lower back. It does not feel too good today. The only thing I can think of is that I did those 70 lbs goblet squats while holding the weight to my chest…. Maybe that put too much forcer on my back.  Even though it did not feel like it at the time.

After 5 days I am feeling it.  A few people today just looked at me and asked if I was tired or got enough sleep. I may take tomorrow for a rest day.  Plus with my vacation coming up I don’t want to be so worn out or injured that I can’t do anything.  I will see how it goes in the morning.

My routine has gotten out of whack!!! I made a good print out of what each day is supposed to consist of and I lost the paper earlier this week. So I tried to go from memory….  It went as well as trying to recite a book you just read from memory alone! Not well.  So I will make another tomorrow and stick with it!

My back Is not hurting nearly as bad as it was a few months ago where I was almost unable to get out of bed. After about 3 months that should be enough time to heal completely I believe but after today I am not so sure.  I believe my back (especially my lower back) may be weak.  It seems to be the place I injury the most, the place it rounds during deadlifts, and the most uncomfortable part of my squats.

Trying to remember what I did today:   Mainly back  movements

I seriously need to remember what these moves are called because I am probably getting them mixed up.

Bent rows:  15Lbs    12 reps, 3 sets

Front and Side  shoulder raises:  15 lbs   12 reps,  3 sets

Lat pulldown:  setting  9  -   12 reps, 3 sets   (not sure what the weight is as it is not listed) but it feels about right.

… and others that I cannot remember.  But I spent 45 minutes doing my circuits.

Now since today was back day that could be the cause of my pain, but the pain was there when I woke up. And not bad enough to stop me from going.

I need to try to be more precise with these. And to not lose my paper.   We will see what tomorrow brings!  Here’s to vacation time!

G'day Sevasan, finally got a chance to pop on over. From what I am reading you are definitely warrior material, so pop in on their guild when you get the chance. I know a few folks over there and they will be able to give you the best support and advice.

Have you been stretching your back regularly? Or doing any exercises recommended by a physio for your back?

You seem to be a bit uncertain about your workouts, are you following a plan or just doing a bit of this and a bit of that? Most of the lifters I know tend to follow a specific programme, that has specific exercises and planned increases in weight. Many follow a 5x5 programme such as Stronglifts or something using Mark Rippletoe as a guide. My warrior friend Seven is using some programme called the cube. From what I understand of such things (I am primarily doing bodyweight stuff) these programmes call for heavy lifting three times per week with increases in weight either every session (stronglifts suggests this) or every week. As the actual muscle growth occurs during the rest days rather than the lifting days. We Rangers tend to do our strength training 2-3 times per week and alternate with cardio, endurance or conditioning type exercises such as yoga.

Sorry if you already know this stuff and have a set plan going and it only time constraints and memory that is effecting your write up.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Today was classified as a "rest day"... I didn’t want to stop my streak but I figure it was for the best.

Reasons:

Back still not in good shape although I could have sucked it up and went anyway

Vacation trip is tomorrow early morning.  getting up and leaving the house with my family at 5 AM sharp... which means I am going to be up earlier loading everything up.

I was starting to feel a bit exhausted and didn't want to be "Mr. cranky butt" on the trip. haha!

Plus... "small steps"... probably shouldn't overdo it in the first week.

So today was a wake up late, get to work, and catch up a little on some gaming.  I don’t play much as I do have family matters to attend to  :anonymous:  but I do enjoy playing a bit.

Not much to report today I am afraid. Just looking forward to getting on the road and having a good time!  I might not be able to update till I get back.  Try not to miss me too much! Haha

When I get back, it will be time to hit the gym all over again!   I will say though, after all those days in a row I felt like Superman!!!  But probably looked like Goofy.  Haha  it is all about how we view ourselves!  

• Like 1

Spoiler

Vacation was AWESOME!! I thoroughly enjoyed it! We visited the Zoo, aquarium (best one so far by the way!) went to the Renaissance tower, the botanical gardens and walked around shopping in 2 malls (mainly my wife’s idea, but still fun.) we did a LOT of WALKING!! !  it may not seem like it but yes, I do not think I have walked so much in my life other than trips to Disneyworld.  Which is good because I ate so terribly the first two days the rei felt like I had already undone all I the work I had produced all the days before.  But I did try to make better food choices the last two days there. So I don’t feel quite as bad anymore.

I know this may sound weird but one of the most exciting parts was at the aquarium where they had a “jungle” type exhibit and we got to see a sloth. Up close and personal!  It was just chilling in a tree right in the middle of the walkway with no fence around it and if we did not have any respect for the animals or the rules of the place…. We could have literally picked it up and walked around with it. Haha!  But that would have been a bad life decision and bad things would have happened. 

I didn’t realize how tired I was.. I felt fine last night and went to bed a little late, but I do not remember turning off any of my 6 alarms that went off this morning!  Luckily I kinda woke up in enough time (after my last alarm went off)  around 5 am to realize I had slept through all of them and still got to work on time.

And since I was late to wake up, I did not get to go to the gym this morning like I had wanted. So, I will have to hit it up after work today. I got my papers printed out so I wont get mixed up with my routine this time.   Getting back onto my routine should not be too hard and maybe take a day or two at the most.

My wife just got a Fitbit Alta and she has stated that she is going to start walking and start working out.  We both have gotten a little out of shape lately so we have about 2.5 months to get in better shape for our next vacation.  I am proud of her for trying and taking some steps along with me for better health!  I know she is not on here but I am very proud of her!

Till next time.

Apparently “vacation time” has not gone away.  Still woke up late this morning.  I have hit the snooze button too many times and couldn’t make it to the gym before work.  Looks like I am going to have to go after work again today, which is not bad. It is just something I cannot get used to. Once work starts to pick back up and I get on a normal schedule again, I will only be able to go in the mornings.

Tomorrow the alarm is going on the floor... far away from the bed so I can’t just roll over and turn it off.  I want to have at least another 5 day streak so I have to get control.

I have downloaded a new app to try to log all my stuff.  JeFit.  So far it does not seem too bad, I just have to learn how to use it.  It is similar to the Myfitnesspal app I use only with exercises instead of food.  I see people with links in their signatures . I need to figure out how to do that.  :ambivalence:

On a good note my wife had on her Fitbit, and she logged over 5,500 steps before we got comfy at bedtime! Makes me wonder how much we did while on vacation.  I am tempted to get one myself but I do mostly weightlifting, and from what I have read, it is not that beneficial for that alone.  I do need to run more. I might make that my first real Challenge!  But lord knows I do not care for running…. Biking, hiking, skating, rock climbing, … yes! I want to get into rock climbing here (we do have a place for that in town) and I know my wife would like it too… once she gets over her fear of heights.  =D  I know she wants to do it. We just have not made that step yet.  Might have to do that this weekend.   Hmm….

If you don't like running may I suggest rucking? I haven't done it myself but many awesome people have suggested it to me as an alternative to running. I also really feel for your wife and her fear of heights. I'm there too. Rock climbing is a lot of fun though especially if you go with someone amazing and supportive. I'm sure if you guys try it you'll love it.

So  starting out this post with some bad news. 

My wife’s cousin got laid off from her job yesterday.  She had been with her company for many years and they have been hit hard with this economy and the situation with the oil field. She has an apartment and bills just like we all do and if she does not find something soon, she may have to return to her parent’s home.  =(   Finding another job right now will be very difficult, as thousands of people around here have been let go because of the slowing economy and the cheap price of oil.  I am even fearful of my job even though we seem to be doing better than the rest. We can only hope that things get better and she can return to work soon. I know all the family is looking out for her.

On a better note, I went to the gym after work yesterday. And I will have to go after work again today instead of before. I got asked to come to work early today to help close out a job. So having to be at work for 5 am does not leave much time beforehand to get healthy! I have clothes and such packed for after.

OH!!! I have done the impossible today!!!!    I actually turned down free food!!!  There were some Doughnuts and cake in the break room this morning! (we had a birthday today that I didn’t know we were celebrating).  I guess getting fit has now become a better part of my routine.  Normally I would hardly Ever… EVER, turn down free food!  (unless it was something I just really didn’t like.)  so yea… I am all happy and proud of myself.  :applouse:

Today will be back and biceps day. And I have it all planned out!  And depending on if there are a lot of people in the gym, I may plan on trying to sneak in some deadlift practice..  ( I have tried a few times but I am a little shy when doing that around others)  but given time to get my form down, I am sure it will not be a problem. .. tomorrow will be strictly cardio  and I am not too excited about the running but it will have to do for now. 

p.s.   totally forgot to check out “rucking”.. I will have to do that in a bit.

• Like 1

I am about to go off on a rant here because this is something I feel strongly about…

So today is April Fools day, and I like pulling pranks just as much as any other guy, but there is one thing I do not think is OK to joke about.

A LOT of women think it is funny to pull the “I am pregnant” prank… SHAME!    :mad-new:    

Not because of what the guy thinks or the “Holy crap I’m going to be a dad!?!?!” reaction… but simply because there are many MANY people who cannot have children. Not to mention anyone who has had, or knows anyone who has had, a miscarriage. These people would want nothing more than to be able to conceive and carry a child of their own into this world.  I have a friend who he and his wife spent YEARS trying to have a child, and not to mention thousands of dollars going to doctors to try to make it happen.  They even did the fertility treatments and thought it had finally worked… but sadly, it was not meant to be. All I can think about is how sad and depressed both he and his wife were and have now begun the process of trying to adopt.  I wish the best for them and hope that they can find a blessing that they both want and deserve.

So Ladies…. If you pull this prank… think about all the ones who can’t have children or have ever lost a child.   :(

… ok rant over.

Today was a very sore morning… three days working legs, back, chest, arms, and abs… I am very very sore. I was planning on going do cardio this morning, but once again, I have decided to go after work.  It is a nice day but it is also supposed to rain.  There is a park very close to my home I would like to jog around. The whole track is 1 mile long so it is convenient.  But if it rains I will not be able to do that and will have to do the treadmill at the gym.   BLAH!  As I have said before.. I am not looking forward to it. 

I did look into “Rucking” and it seems interesting.  I really can’t say much about it as I have not tried it but it looks like walking with weights. Probably might not be for me but I am open to giving it a try… it might be more fun than I imagine!

I am open to trying anything at least once.   (...but no... not that!)  HAHA!

(speaking of trying anything once)... this sounds interesting too!

Earlier today one of my coworkers was talking about his past martial arts experiences and how he recently trained with * insert fancy type of martial art which I have no possibly way of pronouncing * and ended up being a sword fighting type… ( I know I am butchering this. Please forgive me… ) thing. It actually sounded really interesting and I might have to go back to him and see what it is all about.

And as I was writing the above paragraph I was asked about staying late at work and coming in tomorrow morning for some overtime..  YES PLEASE!!!   I could use all the overtime I can get at this moment. .. I am still planning on doing my cardio… I got goals you know!!!   Even as sore as I am and probably be tired from work too… I am doing my best to stick to my plan.  I just keep telling myself  “YOU GOT THIS!!!”   :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: 

So yesterday was a bit of a fluke.

I stayed at work much later than expected and then had to go home and take care of my wife who is not feeling too well today.  So I did not get my run in.

Which is ok with me, because work and family priorities are ahead of going to the gym.  I am glad to say that she is feeling much better today.

I also got called back into work this morning so I decided to head to the gym after that.  No cardio because the gym was empty except for one person who showed up when I was about half way done.  So I took this opportunity to get in some deadlifts and to work on my form. I will have to try and take a video and get some expert advise on if I am doing it right one day soon.  But I am glad to say that I lifted about 180 lbs total without too much difficulty. Actually the worst part was the “grippy” part of the bar. (I can not think of what it is called at the moment.) and I say it was the worst part because (to me) the grip seemed very aggressive and actually hurt my hands more than anything.  It even left little indentions on my fingers when I was done.  I know some people on here use gloves and I may have to get some.  (I am sure there is a debate on going with glove / gloveless in here somewhere)

Other than that I did my routine I had mapped out for today and I am very proud of myself!

Sp.. deadlifts, 180lbs 8 reps each for 3 sets….  Then I dropped it down to 140 for one more set because my hands were hurting too much. (I know I know…. Just tough it out weakling... haha!)   but hey… At least I can do my body weight... but I doubt I will do much more till I get my form & hands taken care of.

Me today!!!

How+op+lifted+_797ec66840975bcbf57e849f78737695.jpg

So this weekend was a busy work weekend and I did not get to go to the gym Sunday.  And by work I mean actual work and I had house stuff to take care of.  I also had a sick wife who was not feeling well and a kid who was going Stir crazy for being inside so much while I was out.

I did get to be outdoors while cutting grass and washing the car (wife wanted it washed and I took care of it for her.)

Today I woke up early and realized just how tired I was last night so once again… I did not get to go before work. I will have to go after… even though I need to get out of this habit.

Not much to report today. Work is getting slow again and a few people are worried about being laid off.  I do not know what will happen over these next few weeks, but I can only control what I can.

I also went back to read my very first post in here and I realize… I did not follow through. Haha  It started as a hopefull work out log so I can track my progress.. but instead it is just me kinda rambling on…

So.. starting tomorrow I will try to be more accurate and log what I do!  I want to see how I improve.

• Like 1

It looks like you're really getting dedicated with your training. Make sure not to neglect rest days/sleeping. I know it's hard sometimes because we feel like resting is just wasted time when we could be training, but I will echo what others have said already. Your body definitely needs time to recover. Just something to keep in mind. I hope everything goes well for your work scenario. I'm looking forward to seeing how things progress for you. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Human Assassin

Introduction Battle Log Current Challenge

Previous Challenges: I, II, III, IV, VVI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar

16 hours ago, Jormungand said:

It looks like you're really getting dedicated with your training. Make sure not to neglect rest days/sleeping. I know it's hard sometimes because we feel like resting is just wasted time when we could be training, but I will echo what others have said already. Your body definitely needs time to recover. Just something to keep in mind. I hope everything goes well for your work scenario. I'm looking forward to seeing how things progress for you. 

I think I am starting to agree about resting.  I have not been to the gym on Sunday or Monday, and I still feel drained. I wanted to go this morning but I still felt so tired. I ended up sleeping in a bit. ( I blame the deadlifts from saturday!) ... just kidding!

Possibly, after work today I may go, depending on how tired I feel. But if I do go, I will make it a light day.

Jormungand: you are right in the sense that “resting feels like wasted time” and I do realize that is how I feel about it. I even try to cycle working out different areas each day so the areas I did the day before have 2 days before I hit them again.  But this may be too much too soon. It might be time to take a closer look at my plan and see what I can do to make it more “restful” as I tend (during the week) to get about 4-6 hours sleep a night.

I don’t know what is wrong with me, I have not done much and I feel so drained. My wife and people at work have noticed I have not been myself lately.  I know work is getting slow and of course there are alllll types of rumors floating around about lay-offs and shutting this place down. I will admit I normally don’t let these things get to me, but things are getting so slow… I have never seen it this bad before.  :disturbed:

Ever get a strange feeling before something bad is about to happen?  Well that is what I feel, and have been feeling these past few days. I have thought it is because I went to hard at the gym but it has now been 3 days since I have gone and I still feel constantly anxious, worried, and stressed. And I can’t really explain why. This is very unlike me as I am usually very relaxed and easygoing. I don’t like this, and I wish I could figure out why I feel this way.

I am had planned on going to the gym this morning and get back on my routine, but I felt so tried still and I lost motivation feeling like this.  I brought a change of clothes so I can go after work... .maybe if I get in there I can “work out” some of these feelings.  Who knows.  All I know is I do not feel like myself.

I will try to post again later today with an update on whether or not I went. I will really try to go. I think I need to feel like I have some sort of control of my life right now, rather than just waiting and hoping things don’t get worse here at work and I am handed a pink slip.  I think that might be it… I feel like right now I do not have control.

Sorry to be a downer, but this is a rarity for me. Things will get better!

Things have gotten better!!!!   At least that is how I feel inside.  :angel:

I had started to have a bit of a migraine yesterday on top of all my other “I feel strange and anxious” type feeling I had, but the headache was not too bad and started to go away after an hour or so. But today I feel fine. It could be because I made myself go to the gym yesterday to feel like I had accomplished something.  I arrived after work to a gym with 6 other people in there. All I could think was “Well… looks like I am not doing deadlifts today.” (because I am not comfortable with then yet and don’t want to embarrass myself)  HAHA!  But after I got changed and started a small warm up, it is like they all left at the same time!  I took this opportunity to load up the bar and try to practice my form again.  I did get to video myself!!!! YAY!!! And I noticed that my lower back seems to be a little rounded. So I tried again to make sure I tried to straighten it out.  … not sure if I accomplished it or not but I will try to see if I can load them up.   I did not go too heavy, just a bit for me to practice.   When I was finished some more people started to trickle in.  My timing is flawless!!!  HAHA!

Anyway here is what I ended up doing yesterday

Deadlifts:   120 lbs   10 reps x 2  (warmup)

140 lbs    10 reps x 3 sets

160  lbs   8 reps x 2 sets

Seated calf raise:   75 lbs  20 reps x 3 sets

Incline sit up:      Body weight   20 reps x 3 sets

Front and side alternating shoulder raise:   15 lbs x 12 reps  x 1 set  and    20 lbs  8 reps x 2 sets

Plank:    60 seconds   3 sets

Side planks:  60 seconds  3 sets

Seated shoulder rotation:  15 lbs  12 reps x 3 sets

Kept things light for today as I was just “not feeling it”

Today I plan on starting some cardio… we will see how that goes. Fun fun…   :chargrined:

Glad I am mentally feeling better today.

I am also proud that my wife has started doing some exercises at the house.  =)  maybe one day we can work out together!  I would like that very much. We all have to start somewhere, and I think we both are going to make a good transition to eating healthier and being more physically fit.  :applause:

So I went to the gym and got on the treadmill:

I walked for 2 minutes (setting 3.5)  and jogged for 3 minutes (setting 6.5ish)

I followed this pattern for a full 30 minutes straight!!!!  :eagerness:

Now… I will once again admit... I do not like running.  I had totally forgotten why, but I was reminded at this moment.

Apparently… when I jog, I hit my feet hard.  I mean, I sounded like a stumbling rhinoceros on that thing!!!  I tried to make some lighter impacts but I don’t know if it was just the machine or me (probably me!!!).

Also…

About 10 minutes into it, my right knee started to hurt, not a bad pain, just kind of annoying.

Another thing, around this same time my left foot started to have a pain on the underside. Feels like a tendon or something was being pulled and felt like I was stepping on a sharp rock at every step!  This was not comfortable at all but nothing I couldn’t work through.  (Someone at work told me that it sounds like plantars fasciitis, which they have had for years.) But I have not been to the doctor yet about it so I cannot say for sure.  Maybe I should get it checked out?  :ambivalence:

Now I do not know if this was the way I was running on the machine or not because I do not recall having this feeling when I would play outside as a kid.  I may have to try going for a jog outside or possibly just using the elliptical.  

Or hey… I could take up Rucking as someone suggested! Because my knee or foot does not hurt while walking!   :D

SO good news first. 

I had an AMAZING weekend with my wife.  =)  we put in a new flower bed, cleaned the cars, spent some wonderful time together, and overall just a very good weekend with each other.  =D

I went to the gym this morning and did some back and biceps today.  I don’t really feel good about it because my mind was on something else….

Which brings me to the bad news….

Apparently the huge rumor is that my company is shutting the doors on this facility today. Obviously there is nothing official about this at the moment but we do have a facility wide meeting at 9 am today. Many are expecting to be let go after that.  Including me, but we will see what happens.

So obviously I am not feeling it today because this rumor started last week and I kept it out of my mind all weekend until I woke up this morning.

It is almost 7:30 so I have an hour and a half. We will see what this meeting brings.

... the rumors were true.....

They are shutting down the shop and going to get everything ready to be officially closed on June 30th.

I will find out my last day when I have the meeting with HR.  they will be letting staff go on different days... I hope mine is later to give me more time to look for a job. 

this is a sad day indeed..   

I liked it here.  I have been working at this facility for the past 4 years and I enjoy the people, the work, and the location.  This place and these people will be missed greatly.

I just hope that I can find something.  Maybe this will be a blessing in disguise. who knows what the future holds!  I am trying to stay positive. 

So no gym today…  I canceled my membership yesterday afternoon but I still have success for the rest of the month.  I will try to go as I normally have but right now I am just not feeling it.

But the best thing to do is stick with a routine.  So I took today off, but I will start up again in the morning.

I already have a few places that I can see are hiring and send my resume to.  I just hope this one I would REALLY want will work out.  If not then I will have a few other options I can at least try for.

Got to stay positive!!!  Things will work out in the end!

You got this.jpg

I hate to hear that about your work situation. It sounds like you're determined to bounce back, though, so I have faith in you. Always focus on the things that you can control, and the rest of the chaos will fall into order. 

That's interesting (but probably not that uncommon) what you mentioned about running on the treadmill. As you said, it might be worth doing some running outdoors to see if the same problems arise. I would be willing to bet that the issues are lessened if not altogether absent. Keep us posted on any updates. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Human Assassin

Introduction Battle Log Current Challenge

Previous Challenges: I, II, III, IV, VVI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar

Damn sorry to hear about the close down.

You will find something new and it might even better better in an unexpected way.

Look for things to be grateful for in your day, it will help you stay positive even though you are going through a difficult time.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Thanks guys!  Yes this will be tough time and I am trying to stay positive about it.  I am working hard to find something else.

I am trying to take this as a blessing in disguise. I have always wanted to try to do some contract work with my NACE certification (National association of Corrosion Engineers)  and do some contract coatings inspection.  So now may be the time to look into it and get it started. I have been a Quality inspector for several years so this is just another step towards what I want to do.  It is a very scary time and I am very nervous but years from now who knows where I will be and what will come of this!

I even went to the gym this morning to try to keep up my routine.  I canceled the membership but I will still have access for the rest of the month and I plan on making the most of it.  Looks like body weight routines and jogging OUTSIDE  *GASP*  for me soon.  (yes I am pointing at you Jormungand!) .. awesome job for your run by the way!

So I am just taking it day by day and see what can be done.

Thank you again for the words of support.  I appreciate it.

• Like 2