RuckFit Light 2016 PvP Challenge

Welcome to the RuckFit Light 2016, the Nerd Fitness rucking PvP program.

This PvP will run alongside the current four Week Challenge, starting Monday, April 4th.

8a9dda84ca5d1f20b124103a01e44361.jpg

Lately there has been an enigmatic surge of interest in GoRuck challenges and rucking in general, emanating largely from the Ranger forums and spreading outward.  I present to you a beginner-friendly GoRuck-style Nerd Fitness PvP for the rucking masses.

• The First Rule of RuckFit is Always Talk About RuckFit.
  • The Second Rule of RuckFit is Although This Is A PVP, We Are A Team.  Support one another!
  • The Third Rule of RuckFit is Ruck All The Things!

WHAT IS RUCKING?

The GoRuck website defines rucking as...

RUCK•ING [VERB]

To put weight on your back and go for a walk. More weight or more miles equals more results, more friends and more time together equals more fun.

More information available at: http://www.goruck.com/rucking

SAFETY BRIEFING:

If you are new to rucking, please do not bite off more than you can chew.  Marching around and exercising with heavy weight on your back is an activity best worked up to.  Start out light and build your capacity up from there.  Recommended starting weights are 5# for women and 10# for men.  If you find that is too easy, upgrade to 10# for women and 20# for men.  Start small and work your way up as you build confidence and capability!

Without further ado, let's get into the metaphorical meat and potatoes of RuckFit.

RuckFit Light goals:

• 20 miles rucked during the 4 weeks of this challenge.
  • Complete two (2) RuckFit WODs during the course of this challenge.
  • Complete two (2) RuckFit challenges over the next 4 weeks.

Here is where the PvP factor comes in.  20 miles is only the goal, which means the sky is the limit.  Ruck as much or as little as you want.  Treating this as a motivational PvP challenge will keep each one of us striving for more mileage.  Get out and enjoy that springtime weather!

For the sake of this event, only urban/rural rucking mileage will be allowed.  While camping and hiking to a particular destination with a pack full of sustainment gear is an excellent activity, carrying a weighted backpack for the sole purpose of exercise is a different effort entirely.  Load up that pack with your choice of weight, some water and food if you feel the need, and call it a day.  We're operating on the honor system here, folks.

Here lay the Challenges and WODs.  Feel free to substitute and scale wherever necessary.

RuckFit WODs:

Whatever you make of it!  This category is entirely open to your imagination, but a guideline would be 3 Rounds For Time of 10 ruck squats, 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups, 50 meter crab walk or AMRAP in 5 minutes of the same, for example.  Please post your workout for verification and the viewing of others!

RuckFit Challenges:

1. Two minutes maximum Push-ups.  Two minutes maximum Sit-ups.
  2. Three mile mountain/hill terrain ruck.
  3. Three mile overnight ruck.  Must start and end during night hours.
  4. Carry 20 pounds of coupons for 2 miles of your ruck.  Any item will do.
  5. Ruck 10 miles on top of the 20 mile requirement.
  6. Don't stop rucking until you've hit 8 miles.

The RuckFit tracking spreadsheet:  RuckFit PvP Tracking

Now get out there and log some mileage under a heavy load!

• Like 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Ok, I'm in. #doallthethings

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

More Ruck excite!   I'm in but I'm not sure I'll be able to get that many miles in.  I've replaced 2 days a week of rucking with running this challenge.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

On 4/3/2016 at 11:00 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Welcome to the RuckFit Light 2016, the Nerd Fitness rucking PvP program.

This PvP will run alongside the current four Week Challenge, starting Monday, April 4th.

8a9dda84ca5d1f20b124103a01e44361.jpg

\

Now get out there and log some mileage under a heavy load!

This is the most serendipitous PVP ever. I just decided this weekend to commit to walking the Camino Santiago next year and here is my introductory training plan...

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Spread this PvP around; folks are welcome to join at any time!  There hasn't been much attention this challenge because I got the thread posted quite late.

Go forth and spread the Gospel of Rucking!

tumblr_n2r1ukpwLG1ro1m7bo1_1280.gif

This might be the most amazing GoRuck gif EVER.

• Like 4

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

So the more I think about it the more I think I can get this done.  The 20 miles and the challenges at least.. it's the 2 ruckfit workouts that have me most questioning whether I can do it or not... but if I swap around some of my already scheduled workouts I think I can double dip and turn a few of them into something more ruck-ish.  Woot woot!

6 hours ago, BitterOyster said:

Ruck yeah!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Got in my first ruck of the challenge! Didn't expect to have to do it in snow, but whatever. #rangered

• Like 4

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

Those multicam rucks are absolutely gorgeous, doctorake!  I keep telling myself to stick with the Rucker and stay focused though.  :P

40 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Those multicam rucks are absolutely gorgeous, doctorake!  I keep telling myself to stick with the Rucker and stay focused though.  :P

Thanks! Lucky for me I got both as my first two rucks, GORUCK has stated they will not produce anymore again in MC.

• Like 1

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

2 X IRONMAN, 3 X half IRONMAN, 3 X GORUCK Challenge, 2 X GORUCK back to back, Way too many GORUCK lights

I've been getting in some mini rucks each day this week with 5 pounds and logged them in.  

Monday: 0.4 miles

Tuesday: 0.8 miles

Wednesday: 0.9 miles

This weekend I'm going to aim for doing a longer ~3ish mile ruck and maybe upping it to 10lbs for that. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

For the Ruckfit challenges are the pushups and sit ups supposed to be done while wearing a ruck?

Yeah, I think so. 

• Like 2

On 2016-04-06 at 6:12 PM, doctorake said:

And today they re-released the GR2 in MC.

Saw that.  Good thing I already pulled the trigger on my Rucker, and certainly don't need a GR2.

On 2016-04-07 at 8:57 PM, Elastigirl said:

For the Ruckfit challenges are the pushups and sit ups supposed to be done while wearing a ruck?

Yes, ma'am!  But scale or adapt anything and everything if you need or want to.  This whole challenge is PvP in name only... it's just to get folks moving.  :)

• Like 2

Saw that.  Good thing I already pulled the trigger on my Rucker, and certainly don't need a GR2.

Yes, ma'am!  But scale or adapt anything and everything if you need or want to.  This whole challenge is PvP in name only... it's just to get folks moving.  :)

Thanks. Ok, I'm going to try both. But I may bail on the sit ups and do planks or something, I'm not sure with the way my ruck sits if I can do situps with out them bugging my back.  It will be fun to see how I do with the pushups. That is tomorrow's plan, and I am excited to see what I can do.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Rucked 8.6 miles for the ruck 8 miles challenge. My shoulders did not enjoy it, but the rest of me did. :) 

For the challenge with my 5# ruck, 12 pushups in 2 minutes/ couldn't figure out how to do situps with the ruck, so I did planks  1:45 out of 2 minutes( one minute plank, then a mix of holding plank and break)

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Spread this PvP around; folks are welcome to join at any time!  There hasn't been much attention this challenge because I got the thread posted quite late.

Go forth and spread the Gospel of Rucking!

tumblr_n2r1ukpwLG1ro1m7bo1_1280.gif

This might be the most amazing GoRuck gif EVER.

Is that baby Monster???

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.