Fighting for my life...for real this time.

Hey all. (Now that this post is in the right place.)

This is my third time here...My millionth time starting over. This time is quite a bit different though. I've been dealing with chronic pain for years, joint pain, severe headaches, muscle weakness, nerve damage, etc. I have ultimately gone from a pretty functional woman who was able to exercise moderately hard 3-4 days a week 2 years ago to someone who is almost unable to do anything outside of work. My job is pretty physical still and knocks me on my ass. By the time I get home every day my hands and feet are numb and I'm in bed with an ice pack on the back of my neck to relieve the pressure. I'm also basically going against doctors orders by continuing in my current career. 

I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis a year ago, and chiari malformation in November. My neurosurgeon has suggested that I strongly consider a weight loss surgery prior to decompressing my brain because I'm not the greatest surgical candidate but he doesn't really want my decompression to wait longer than 6 months due to my symptoms. 

I started working on my diet 2 weeks ago, completely cutting out all fast food and soft drinks. I really can't exercise at this point...even household chores are exhausting for me. So I'm tackling the one thing I know  I can control for a start. 

Sorry for the novel! But, I'm back!

And in this existence, I'll stay persistent

And I'll make a difference, and I will have lived it- MFTP

Battle Log

I'm another newbie here, and I also have rheumatoid arthritis! I feel you there. :( Flare ups can make sticking to a routine pretty tough but hang in there.

Stick to something small, walking. I started working out a few weeks ago and hurt my back, so I was forced to take a step back. I always suffer some sort of joint injury within the first month of starting a workout usually cause I push too much. Don't do what I did. ;) 

Just listen to your body and stay active. :)

• Like 1

I have always been the type to push myself too hard, I also have a bit of a stubborn streak and it has taken me a long time to start admitting that I need to slow down. My body has kind of forced that upon me. I'm sure pushing through the pain many times over for years hasn't been good for me. I now know rest days are just as important, though they always trigger me to eat way more than I should so that's what I've got to fight.

And in this existence, I'll stay persistent

And I'll make a difference, and I will have lived it- MFTP

Battle Log

Good luck porch.  I hope you are able to give yourself and your body the break it needs to recover - I can't imagine how much pain you are in, it sounds terrible.  Best wishes for your new start xx

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook