Greeting fellow nerds!

So happy to have found this website. :)

I have been struggling with my weight for as long as I can remember. I think I only managed to be happy with it for about a year in high school before it began creeping back up, and even back then I worked my butt of to get it down to where I wanted it.

I have rheumatoid arthritis and it tends to ruin every workout routine I try within the first couple of months due to injuries. Maybe I need to get into cycling or other low impact workouts, but I don't feel like I see as much results with those and my neighborhood makes cycling downright scary.

My last attempt at a workout was joining my local 9 Round gym, which I love! I've been pretending I'm training to be an amazon. ;) (blame my recent Xena binge) However I need to slow down now due to suffering a back injury. Hopefully I can stay active with low impact workouts till I can return to kickboxing.

Welcome! As my neurosurgeon pointed out to me, any activity will improve your joint health over time as long as you go slow and build muscle :) I can't do the cycling thing myself because of my nerve issues, but it was highly recommended as low impact for my knees and ankles. Maybe a stationary bike? Swimming would also be good if you like water.

And in this existence, I'll stay persistent

And I'll make a difference, and I will have lived it- MFTP

Battle Log

If you're nervous or uncomfortable about riding a bike on open roads (very understandable) is would recommend trying either a static bike, or try to find a track/velodrome near you. Most offer classes for beginners and allow you to ride in a safe environment away from traffic, without the monotony of trying to ride a static bike. 

swimming is also a great option for low impact. 

I must be one of the few Floridians who cant swim. Its ob my bucket list to learn this summer. After that it may be one of my go to activities. I recently found a park nearby that has a short 2 mile trail. Might start going there once I get my foldable bike, it'll be easier to take with me to work so I can hit the trail on my way home. If I make it home I may not want to go out again. :P