An Introduction, I guess!

Hello,

I suppose this is the part where I bore you all with who I am?

Vitals:  Male, 33, 5'9", 11st 13lbs (167lbs for those that way inclined), engaged, no children (yet).

So when I was younger, I was pretty much a scout with a bad diet.  Lots of stamina, but not a great deal of strength.  (More than) A few reincarnations later, and that particular group of abilities have all but been lost.  So here to try to regain them, as well as develop some warrior strength.  With the ultimate goal to be a druid/monk-ranger.  My primary goal in the approaching summer is to increase my strength, and generally become more active.  Then looking more long term, I want to increase my stamina to be able to go on long hikes or rides, and eventually be able to have a full day adventuring with my children (when I have them).

I've been bouncing around the site and forum for a few days now and received my copy of 'Level Up Your Life' today, so started ploughing through that already.  I'm already feeling better about my outlook on things and found some tips I plan to put into place gradually.  Embarking on this adventure with my soon-to-be wife (we are to be wed in less than 2 weeks from now). As we both want to improve our health and fitness.

So that's me and I'm here.  Now to try to figure out more of these forums and challenges.

So I've decided that I want to be fit enough to go Deer Stalking next summer (roe season has just started here). I want to be able to trek for hours at a time with a rifle over my shoulder, then have the strength to gut & carry what I kill back to the car with out any issues. 

I've already started with the beginners body weight routine, done it twice so far this week. Once the wedding is out of the way, going to start introducing interval training on my bike as well. Then look into joining a shooting club to work on my marksmanship. 

So today has been the last full day of the mini surprise break away with the wife for our honeymoon (we were wed last Friday, was such a magical day), down in the Forest of Dean. Last night we were lucky enough to spot some deer under torch light and handle a (captive) barn owl. 

Today we went for a hike up to Symonds Yat Rock. Round trip should have been around 7.6km. After spotting a pair of Goshawks at the Rock, we started the return journey and missed the path we were supposed to take. My phone (which hard the route on) died, so ended up having to navigate with old school map and compass and ended up walking a total of about 8.25km, give or take. 

It was just a little too far for both our current level of fitness. But a lot of fun and something to improve upon.