Hello nerds!

Long time reader, finally joining the Rebellion completely. Started out as a skinny-fat stereotype, but after graduating college in 2014 I started strength training and completely turned my diet around. I've lost a good bit of weight and built some muscle, but I'm looking to take it to the next level. I went the Ranger route, since I'm looking to build functional strength (and looking like Gerard Butler in 300 seemed like a good goal), but I'm also interested in power lifting, rock climbing, and martial arts, so I may take on some Warrior, Assassin, and Monk quests too.

I did taekwondo for six years, into the first couple of years in college, and then switched my main activity to ballroom dancing. I'm still dancing competitively to this day, and hope to keep on doing it forever. Since it's a subjective sport, I have to look good to get top marks, so I'm trying to chisel out my muscles more while continuing to build strength. The past two years of strength training revolved around those 90-day programs you see everywhere, which worked as a start, but now I'm needing a new challenge, and a new quest path.

Lastly, I'm looking to level up my mind and spirit. I struggle with depression, and though its been getting better, it still rears its ugly head once in a while. I'm looking to get a permanent positive spin on my life and become the hero I know I can be! When I said I joined the Rebellion, I dove in the deep end. I received my copy of Level Up Your Life a couple days ago, and I even just signed up for Camp Nerd Fitness!

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to meeting/working/communicating with all of you awesome people. I don't really have a support circle here at home in Minnesota (friends and family-wise, anyway) so I'm glad this community exists. I'm so excited to get started!

• Like 1

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to meeting/working/communicating with all of you awesome people. I don't really have a support circle here at home in Minnesota (friends and family-wise, anyway) so I'm glad this community exists. I'm so excited to get started!

Hi there Tyler, Welcome! Sounds like you find the right place - you'll find that many of us lack IRL support and this is an awesome place for fitness mingling :) Also, for those of us battling depression (yo), the community here can really help you keep going past those speed bumps. Looking forward to seeing you round the boards!