QuaintBlueOak Stands Sure

BlueOak here, quaintly and quietly.

My LifeQuest at the moment is to rebalance my life along a color-coded wellness spectrum I designed for myself, which takes my passions, talents and life goals into account.  I assess my progress along the whole spectrum on a weekly basis, with a thrice-yearly evaluation process.  If I make over 1/2 of my target activities in a week, I'm "in the green."

My goal here at Nerd Fitness is to "Keep the Red (physical body wellness) in the Green," specifically my exercise target.

I struggle with chronic pain from Marfan syndrome plus early-onset arthritis, as well as battling major depression and anxiety, so it's been a rough go to get my exercise back on track.  I was injured in a car accident (person not paying attention rear-ended me) on May 2, 2015.  It's been a constant battle with neck and shoulder pain since then, and I have a chronic headache that literally never goes away.  So it's hard to make myself get up and exercise.  I have a black belt in taekwondo, which used to be (still would be) my favorite form of exercise.   

My Main Quest:  Increase strength and stamina with an eye to returning to Taekwondo within a year.

My three SMART Goals for my "Summer Semester" which begins on May 3.

1) Walking!  minimum 2000 steps a day, with a target goal of 4000 steps a day.  Each day, every day.

2) Yoga and Pilates:  starting out with three exercises each (both Y and P), three repetitions of that exercise, and increasing by adding one yoga and one pilates technique each week 

3) Hiking:  hike once a week, starting at 1.0 mile, and increasing by .5 miles each week

Here's hoping this is what I need to tip my hand into actually doing this.  These are the same goals I had for "Winter Semester" from January until tomorrow....