Ongoing progress

Hi everyone.

Although I'm not a hugely active member of the community, I am a long time stalker of the forums. I have used NerdFitness and all of its fantastic members as a source of inspiration, and knowledge, for years as I have struggled to lose weight. So this is partly a woot for me, but mostly a woot for all of you, for being such a open community that, even if I don't talk much, you still inspire me to better myself.

So without further ado, here are the comparison photos of me at the end of last year, at my heaviest (141 kg or 310 pounds), versus me right now at 108.8kg (or 239 pounds).

r87kIWz89oI1rYQONW1RRdH4eySpWy-FN-YuDGiUT4k_iV5JGUfOxdpStO5-Q2SDzYNmR-gn6HZJGKg6

While this is definitely ongoing (the goal at the moment is 95kg or 209 pounds - the top end of a healthy BMI for my height) I am so happy with the progress I have made. Moreover I feel like, for the first time in losing weight, it's weight I can actually keep off. I've lost it by fixing what I put in my body, not by trying to up what I take out. Reasonable and sustainable calorie control is how I've gotten to this point, and I can honestly say that I can see myself being able to continue doing this for the rest of my life and keeping the weight off forever.

Once again, thanks to everyone here. Not just to those people who have managed to lose weight and post fantastic progress reports, but also to those people who post when they are struggling and to those people who try new things and let people know what works and doesn't work for them. Thanks to everyone who makes up this amazing community.

• Like 1

the pictures are not showing for me, but congrats on dropping over 30kg.
small side note: forget about BMI.  BMI is a statistics thing.  It doesn't work on individuals, only on (large) groups of people. 

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.