Hey y'all. This is my second time trying get my life in order. A few days ago, I remembered finding this site a year ago so I decided to create an account. My weight puts me in the healthy range but my body fat percentage puts me in the overweight category. I've suffered from migraines since I was 13 (I'm in my mid-20s now), low blood pressure and moderate joint pain that may or may not be rheumatoid arthritis that started 18 months ago. I just got hired at a new job that might require an increased level of fitness but I have no idea where to start without causing myself even more pain. I'm starting to get back on my feet financially and that feels great since the near constant frustration I've felt over the last year is basically gone. My ADHD is still there so apparently it's not a side effect of depression or anxiety.

A few things I love: books, adrenaline, tacos, caffeine, bison steaks and guns. Also: Harry Potter.

Normally I'd make a long list of goals to meet but right now I just have one: To be able to walk one mile without stopping 

Hi Ridia,

Welcome, we all started somewhere..

If you are keen i would look at Steve's initial body weight routine - it is very challenging if you have never done strength work before but you will surprise yourself how quickly you will progress if you stick to it.

I hope you well in your journey!

Enzo.

Friends may come and go.

But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.  -Henry Rollins

I'm guessing you're not monstrously overweight, so getting to be able to walk a mile without stopping should be quite achievable (unless the joint pains are the limiting factor; I'm not a doctor and have no experience with it myself, so I can't give any advice on that).

Try walking around during the day as much as possible.  Lots of tiny walks, to get your body used to the idea of walking.

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.