Relatively New to Becoming Stronger

Hey, all! I'm Evening (or Michael, by my real name). I have been viewing the forums and the main site for about four months now, and decided to finally sign up for the forums. About four months ago I did my first real workout (it destroyed me), and since then, I've been going to the gym. At start I was super dedicated, but now college work is building up and slowing me down. It will NOT stop me, as I know my goals! I have doubled my strength in a variety of areas since then, and can finally run without my knees dying within a minute. I am just like many of you, except that instead of losing weight, I'm trying to gain it. I have always weighed as much as an ant, and I began losing weight again. Since I started working out and trying to eat more and better, I have went from 105 lbs to 120 lbs, which is a new high by 5 lbs for me! My goals are to become strong enough to protect those around me, begin and become adept at parkour/freerunning, and to become a very fast sprinter. I try to get into the gym at least three times a week, which, although disappointing to me, is better than nothing! Sadly, where I am, no one is willing to work out, or at least spot me (we are required to be spotted), so I do a lot of bodyweight/dumbbell work. I feel like having a strong foundation in a community (online or not) where fitness and health are key is something I need to better my own life. I look forward to being here with all of you, and believe we all can meet the goals we set with the right dedication and help.

Hi Michael! I'm Ren! I am wanting to become stronger as well (I'm rather weak at the moment!). I am wanting to start strength training. I know what you mean with the whole college work building up! The semester is over, but I will still be taking summer classes. Nice to meet you! 

Hi Evening, welcome aboard.

i know your struggle with the weight, so congratulations on reaching a new PR, that's a huge achievement. I was underweight and struggled with it for much of my 20's.  Weight training is great for increasing both weight and strength.  Our own Spezzy & SpecialSundae are proof of that. Both struggled with there weight, then started lifting and now look really good and both seem really happy. I've been told there are many others who have had similar battles, but those two are both quite open about it on the boards. 

The assassins are a good bunch if you are after help with body weight training, and the warriors are who to speak to about lifting. 

• Like 1