Hello again,

I joined over a year ago, planned to throw myself into this all. However I never managed to, now I'm back and intending to stay.

It might take a lot of baby steps and stumbling but I want to really make a go of this again.

So, who am I?

I am an almost 30 year old medical professional with far too many weaknesses.

But weaknesses can be made strong again, right?

Currently overweight and falling apart due to reasonably physical job.

I have however since joining here oh so long ago continued with at least one of my goals which is stick to an exercise.

I have been taking Pilates classes at least twice a week for over a year. I mostly do mat work and reformer (I prefer reformer but hey). I do venture into cardio-tramp and barre occasionally. I am intending to attend barre more often as my teacher excels in it and after doing it I can really feel the workout. Shame my thighs hate it!

Food has to be my biggest weakness. I love food, I love trying new things and eating out with friends.

Not only is this an issue but I have a very weak will and a workplace that often has treats. Shift work doesn't help with maintaining a routine for workouts nor food but I'm trying to find ways of sorting this.

I like adventures but find it hard to head off on them alone. Thankfully my colleagues and friends are good for an adventure from time to time.

So, how are you?

I am good. Thanks for asking. Welcome to the forums. And yes, food is our common enemy, it takes time and skill to adapt.

Actually, shift works are quite awesome for maintaining your food routine. You can adjust accordingly and plan your meals. 

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

Hi!!!  I'm an overweight medical professional too!  Good to meet you!  :)

(And I hear you on the shift work.  It is very hard to stay away from The Trough on Birth Suite at 3am... :P )

On 20/05/2016 at 5:33 PM, Shakeel_R said:

I am good. Thanks for asking. Welcome to the forums. And yes, food is our common enemy, it takes time and skill to adapt.

Actually, shift works are quite awesome for maintaining your food routine. You can adjust accordingly and plan your meals. 

Thank you!

I don't find the shift easy to plan around as I do have a set pattern of shifts but the breaks I can take aren't.

I have tried doing a breakfast, lunch, dinner with snacks kind of plan but I find there are no moments I can actually have the snacks and I meant be eating dinner at 9:30pm after having lunch at 1pm. I'm trying to figure out the best way eat real food instead of packaged stuff because of this.

On 21/05/2016 at 7:01 AM, Kiki Dee said:

Hi!!!  I'm an overweight medical professional too!  Good to meet you!  :)

(And I hear you on the shift work.  It is very hard to stay away from The Trough on Birth Suite at 3am... :P )

Good to meet you too!

3-5am is the killer! Night shifts I go with vegetables, fruit and protein but it's oooooooh sooooooo tempting to hit the vending machine!