Hit My First Checkpoint!

I've lost 20 lbs and reached my first weight checkpoint!!!! I've been overweight my whole life, with various successes and failures in losing weight for the past decade or so. My highest weight was 290lbs, about 100lbs more than my ideal body weight of 190lbs, which is my eventual goal. This week I got under 270lbs. This has been a floor in my previous weight loss attempts over the last few years. No matter how well I was doing, it seemed I just couldn't get lower than 270, and around that time I would give up and gain the weight back. Thanks to the great community and philosophy here at NF I have been able to stick to my goals over the last few months, and am actually working toward things other than just "losing weight". That's just a pleasant side-effect! Looking forward to continuing and reaching my next checkpoint! W00T!

• Like 5

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

congrats!

up to 250

• Like 1

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.

Congratulations! It's an amazing feeling when you crush a goal you have been fighting for for a while, enjoy it!

• Like 1

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman